Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Cortina

by movingtocortina Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM

My husband and I are moving to Cortina with our 1 year old son. Are there many professional photographers in town that we might hire to take family photos?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Moving to Cortina

by mccalpin Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Do this:

1. got www.paginegialle.it (this is the online Italian Yellow Pages)
    2. Where it says "cosa", enter "fotografo"
    3. Where it says "dove", enter "Cortina d'Ampezzo"
    4. Click on the button that says "cerca" (search)
    5. You should get 4 results (hmmmn, #2 and #4 are the same). Each of them are in the category of "servizi, studi, sviluppo e stampa" (services, studio photography, developing, and printing), so, hopefully, one of these will work for you...

P.S. Yes, I know there is an English button on this website, but the English keywords are not as complete as the Italian ones for searching...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Manara's Profile Photo

by Manara Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Excellent advice! I just want to add one thing: don't feel put off if you get names and addresses of shops that sell cameras. Many professional photographers have also this activity.

• Re: Moving to Cortina

by movingtocortina Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I greatly appreciate the advice! Thank you.

If you have any suggestions as to what I should pack, in regard to clothing, your comments would also be greatly appreciated. Can you describe the day to day fashion/style in Cortina or Northern Italy in general?

• Manara's Profile Photo

by Manara Online Now Aug 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Cortina is one of the most upscale skiing resorts in Italy. Lots of rich people there, but since they go to Cortina on holiday they don't dress in city style, it is mainly casual, but of the best brands.
    It may be useful for you to know that certain US brands are very much loved by Italians: Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Levi's jeans, Timberland. If you pack several items from these brands you will be well equipped. Some pretty dresses will be necessary for your nights out, especially if you go to smart restaurant. There's a big comeback of black, especially with white.
    About shoes, bring sneakers from USA and your favourite pair of boots, but go shopping for shoes and bags in Italy. The world knows only the big brands, but we have lots of quality shoes, bags and accessories at affordable prices that are made of the best leather. Cortina has mainly high-end shops, but if you go to Trento you will find more variety.
    An Italian brand of shoes that combines quality and reasonable prices is Nero Giardini.

• Re: Moving to Cortina

by movingtocortina Online Now Sep 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I felt silly asking but the information you provided is tremendously helpful! Many thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines