Corpus Christi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need fun activities!

Plano Nov 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Traveling 02/15/15 to the Woga Meet. Is there a gun range that is open to the public? Mom, Dad, and 10yr old boy. Need suggestions on fun things to do and what to wear (weather wise)!

more
    • Live Music

South Padre Island Nov 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Where can I locate a description of entertainers in south padre island, tx?

more
    • operating hours for the Museum of Natural Science

Houston Nov 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM

We were planning a trip to Houston for the Thanksgiving Weekend. I was curious as to what Musems would actually be open on the day after Thanksgiving or even on the Saturday.

more
    • Dallas Neighborhood: Is Park Row a decent place to live?

Dallas Oct 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hello, I am in need of some well thought out answers!

A little back story...
      I am moving from Los Angeles to Dallas with my fiancé. We're aware that the upscale neighborhoods more central to Dallas are University Park and Highland Park, but unfortunately the homes there are out of our budget. We've explored surrounding suburbs, but we live in a very central location now so I'm used to city living. I also really loathe driving longer than 20 minutes :)
      I need to know if it is TRULY the case that anything south of the city center is unsafe. I get the impression that some of these opinions have to do with race, and possibly the fact that some may have a different mentality of what makes them feel unsafe or uncomfortable. The way some speak about this place reminds me of how people here in LA talk about Compton, which really is known by ALL as a scary place that I would never under any circumstances visit. Is this area of Dallas really as bad as they make it sound?

I currently live in the Miracle Mile/Hancock Park area of LA. There's a combination of apartments, multi-million dollar homes, and shopping. Here, if you go a few blocks east or south and it can get less desirable. Even still, in this sought after neighborhood, I see just as many homeless people sleeping on bus stop benches or collecting recyclables in their carts. One of the residents in the apartment complex we currently live in is suspected of dealing drugs. Plenty of other undesirable things happen here that come with living in a central part of town. This doesn't make me feel unsafe...it is just a part of city life.

We have our eyes locked on a lovely historical house, in the South Blvd/Park Row neighborhood just East of the 45 and South of the 30 Freeway. I believe It's near the Forest Theater. Every home in this neighborhood looks well kept with nicely manicured lawns and landscaping. It shows the neighborhood crime rate as low on Trulia, but with a higher crime rate in the surrounding areas. Is it considered up and coming?

We will most likely be doing our shopping in Highland/University Park because that's where the Trader Joe's is and is of course, the nicer part of town. But I wouldn't mind living in a cheaper area that is up and coming, if that is the case. Also, does anyone know about the resale value of these homes?

Any and all information will help. Please give answers based on facts and not race please! I've read some unfriendly posts regarding race in certain areas and that's just not how I base my opinions of safe/unsafe neighborhoods.

Thanks, everyone! :)

more
    • Getting to Corpus Christi

by daveborg Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Hi,

I would like to visit Corpus Christi sometime in June,however i can't find any direct flights from the U.K.-a any or must one stop in Houston,Dallas or San Antonio? Also,are there any direct trains to Corpus Christi from Houston,Dallas or San Antonio?

Thanks,

David

3 Answers Yesterday
    • weather in Corpus Christi

by mapitjon Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM

When is the best time to visit

1 Answer Jun 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    • Best Hotels

by steadyfreddy2112 Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 4:59 PM

What are some of the best beachfront hotels in Corpus Christi?

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • wheretonext...'s Profile Photo

Catering

by wheretonext... Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Does anyone know anything about a catering company/restaurant named: "Aunt Sissy's Kitchen"? We are wanting to have an event catered and was wondering about something other than WaterStreet.... Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • utterj

by utterj Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I would like an opinion on Condo on the Beach at a Hotel Price. Address-3938 Sureside Blvd.We are going to visit Corpus Christi in March an found this place on the tourist web site. We are looking for a place with kitchen facilities at a reasonable price. maybe it doesn't exist there-jerry

1 Answer Jan 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    • Snorkeling???

by shericesims Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Can anyone tell me are there snorkeling tours in Corpus Christ or Port Aransas and where to call if so??? I am planning a trip there but am set on going snorkeling and only see South Padre Island snorkeling tours online. I will make the extra two hour drive if necessary.

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    • i got stung 7 times and feel ill

by amywill1993 Online Now Jun 25, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I got stung about 7 times but could not see what actual stung me but all around me was the clear, white Jellys. When I got out there were no tenicles on me but my legs really stung and hurt. Someone told me to put urine on the areas and the sting would go away - so I did that and it was better. But ever since then I feel nauses and faint - it's been 4 days feeling this way. Should I go to the doctor?

6 Answers Jun 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    • hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Golfing in Corpus Christi?

by hoofhearted Online Now Feb 11, 2009 at 7:19 PM

We'll be in Corpus Christi for a weekend in February. Any suggestions on a favorite golf course to play?

• Swimming in January

by McHale Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM

Happy New Year(in advance)!

I will be in Corpus Christi at the end of January 2008; I'd
      like to go swimming in the ocean.

Is this possible or will it be too cold?

Thank You.

2 Answers Dec 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM
    • Where should we go??

by krogarcia Online Now Jul 18, 2007 at 9:57 AM

We are going to CC in late August. We have booked our room at the Best Western Grand Marina Hotel. I've been on tons of sites that show all the same tourist places to visit. But we will be there for five days and want to know of any places to visit or eat or shop at that arent listed. We have a 2 year old so anywhere we go has to be 'kid friendly'. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

2 Answers Jul 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM
      by bhggh Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 7:14 PM

is dr. rockit's 18 and up?

sorry about the previous question it was incomplete :)

by bhggh Online Now Nov 30, 2006 at 7:12 PM

is it 18 and up?

• Might move to Corpus Christi, TX

by 2Dgulf Online Now Jan 7, 2006 at 10:51 AM

I live in NH but I'm definitely moving to a sunny Gulf location within a year. Corpus Christi looks great on the Net so I'm goin' down next August to look around. Any inside scoops about visiting there? Living there?

5 Answers Apr 13, 2007 at 8:49 PM
    • beachs

by ricksur Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 5:41 PM

How is the beach on north Padre? Seewead? Jelly fish? Oil?
      Thanks so much
      Rick

3 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 4:26 PM
    • nereid's Profile Photo

Weekend trip to the beach

by nereid Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 6:49 PM

Hi, I'm thinking of going to Corpus Christie next weekend (Feb25-27). Is this a good time to go? Is this Spring Break for people? Is there a better time to go? I'd like to renting a car. Is this possible? I want to stay on a hotel on the beach and just kind of relax by the beach for a couple days. Is it easy to get to South Padre Islands? I welcome anysuggestions. Thanyou, Nereid

2 Answers Feb 25, 2005 at 6:22 AM
    • beach houses on No Shoreline Dr

by nansi7 Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 6:12 AM

Has anyone ever stayed in the Beach Houses on North Shoreline Dr (2710) in Corpus Christi? Thinking of going in February 2005. Thanks. Nancy

• GUYON's Profile Photo

South Padre Island

by GUYON Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 1:45 PM

Where is the best (nicest) public beach in this island ? Does Mustang Island more pleasant than S Padre ? Thanks RAY

1 Answer Oct 19, 2004 at 9:35 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Best route between Houston and Corpus Christi

by GUYON Online Now Oct 16, 2004 at 5:58 AM

I already ask this question without answer. I try a new attempt. What is the best route between Houston and Corpus Christi ? Mapblast suggests the Hwy 59 to reach the 39. But I see on the map the route 35 which is nearer from the coast. Is it scenic : it seems to cross the sea on Port Lavaca and on Fulton. May be this way desserves to be made even if the travel is a bit longer. Thanks RAY

4 Answers Jun 19, 2006 at 12:27 PM
    • corpus christi, tx

by tammyabc Online Now Oct 14, 2004 at 3:19 PM

My family and I are going to be traveling to Corpus Christi in December and was wondering if my children will be able to swim in the ocean there. Is the water warm enough? Tammy

2 Answers Apr 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

North Beach accomodation

by GUYON Online Now Sep 11, 2004 at 9:55 AM

I am thinking to stay at the Quality Inn 3202 Surfside in early November. Are the area and the beach pleasant ? Could you describe them ? Have you a personal experience of the hote ? Thanks RAY

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Ocean House B&B

by GUYON Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 11:34 AM

Have you a personal experience of this B&B ? Could you tell me about it ? Is it close to the beach ? Thanks RAY

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Beach

by GUYON Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 12:48 PM

Where are the best beach of Corpus Christi ? Is there a danger to swim there (too much waves) ? Is it better to be on the mainland or on the Padre Island ? We will be there in November Thanks

4 Answers Sep 5, 2004 at 8:18 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Hotel

by GUYON Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 1:50 PM

Could you advice a hotel in Corpus Christi matching the following requests : - stay in Early November - on a beach : I mean directly, without a street to cross - comfortable and clean : 2 or 3 stars - price : less than 100 for a room for two according to the low season - free parking (I guess it is not selective) - close to downtown (if there is a downtown) or attractions. I mean with a car. If you know a very astonishing hotel near Corpus Christi matching the requests I am also interested . Thanks RAY

9 Answers Aug 19, 2004 at 3:54 PM