Corpus Christi Travel Answers

change location
nereid's Profile Photo

Weekend trip to the beach

by nereid Online Now Feb 21, 2005 at 6:49 PM

Hi, I'm thinking of going to Corpus Christie next weekend (Feb25-27). Is this a good time to go? Is this Spring Break for people? Is there a better time to go? I'd like to renting a car. Is this possible? I want to stay on a hotel on the beach and just kind of relax by the beach for a couple days. Is it easy to get to South Padre Islands? I welcome anysuggestions. Thanyou, Nereid

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Weekend trip to the beach

by skunker Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 9:48 AM

Hi!
    Corpus Christi is next door to "Padre Island", a long stretch of barrier island, probably the longest one in the world. However, the northern portion of the island is called Padre Island while the southern portion, which is about 3 hours SOUTH of Corpus Christi, is called "South Padre Island". Out of the two, SPI is considered the better one because the beaches are cleaner, more things to do, more clubs, restaurants, better hotels, etc.

For more information, check out my webpage at: spireviews.com/articles/visi...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Weekend trip to the beach

by nippa Online Now Feb 25, 2005 at 6:22 AM

Last week the town was dead.
    There is the odd blues club but we found nothing to keep us there for more than 24 hours.
    Clearly the town has seen better days.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Corpus Christi