Corpus Christi Travel Answers

change location
GUYON's Profile Photo

Best route between Houston and Corpus Christi

by GUYON Online Now Oct 16, 2004 at 5:58 AM

I already ask this question without answer. I try a new attempt. What is the best route between Houston and Corpus Christi ? Mapblast suggests the Hwy 59 to reach the 39. But I see on the map the route 35 which is nearer from the coast. Is it scenic : it seems to cross the sea on Port Lavaca and on Fulton. May be this way desserves to be made even if the travel is a bit longer. Thanks RAY

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Best route between Houston and Corpus Christi

by Seabiscuit Online Now Oct 16, 2004 at 6:13 AM

Hi Ray- As I recall, 59 to 39 is spot on. Also, as I recall, 35 is kind of a waste of time. You might break up the drive by going Houston to Galveston Island, spend an afternoon or so on the Strand (it's pretty cool!), then head off to Corpus. I'm sure a 'native Hustonian' will chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong. Jeff-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • delcity's Profile Photo

Re: Best route between Houston and Corpus Christi

by delcity Online Now Oct 17, 2004 at 11:50 AM

going down to corpus i suggest you take 59 to victoria. then 185 to the coast ( either seadrift or port O connor.then up to 35 and on to rockport and corpus. returning to houston take 59 to victoria then highway to port lavaca . then highway to palacios. from palacios the best way is probably to go to el campo and the 59 to houston. on palacios it is not as nice as the other towns , i think , so you may want not to visit it. another popular route is 59 to 172 to 35 and 35 to corpus. 172 runs into 35 about 22 km north east of port lavaca .172 runs into 59 about 22km northeast of edna.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Best route between Houston and Corpus Christi

by GUYON Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 1:43 PM

Many thnaks for your answers. RAY

• RE: RE: Best route between Houston and Corpus Christi

by SpeedCoach Online Now Jun 19, 2006 at 12:27 PM

1. How far is it from Houston to Corpus?
    2. I will be coming from Dallas... should I go that route?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Corpus Christi