Corpus Christi Travel Answers

change location
GUYON's Profile Photo

Beach

by GUYON Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 12:48 PM

Where are the best beach of Corpus Christi ? Is there a danger to swim there (too much waves) ? Is it better to be on the mainland or on the Padre Island ? We will be there in November Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Beach

by chiligoulie Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 1:16 PM

Go to Port Aransas. Make sure you get a 6$ sticker to put on your windshield so you can park your car anywhere, aanytime on the beach. Look for the little trailer at the entrance of the beach to buy them. I stayed at the plantation Inn. Great deal. Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Beach

by ATXtraveler Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 1:38 PM

I enjoyed Padre Island National Seashore. It is a government owned beach, but it has alot of activities. nps.gov/pais/pphtml/activiti... Remember to Tread Lightly :) Mark

• ladyfisher's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Beach

by ladyfisher Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 2:01 PM

Ray the waters of the island are in general calm and very nice for swimming.Stay on the gulf side . The beach itself was voted the 3rd best in the states by the travel channel. here a very useful site. http://www.sopadre.com/

• Re: Beach

by troyboy Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 8:18 PM

as the others said padre island,"jp luby park" or just drive till you find a spot you like but I also like the one next to the lexington an old battle ship. mite be a bit cold bye then but today was heat index 109, and water temp 84, also hotels in port aransas get alot cheaper after labor day, I would call and ask a cheap one is tarpon inn

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Corpus Christi