Corpus Christi Travel Answers

change location
GUYON's Profile Photo

Hotel

by GUYON Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 1:50 PM

Could you advice a hotel in Corpus Christi matching the following requests : - stay in Early November - on a beach : I mean directly, without a street to cross - comfortable and clean : 2 or 3 stars - price : less than 100 for a room for two according to the low season - free parking (I guess it is not selective) - close to downtown (if there is a downtown) or attractions. I mean with a car. If you know a very astonishing hotel near Corpus Christi matching the requests I am also interested . Thanks RAY

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • porche911's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel

by porche911 Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 2:59 PM

Last time I was through there ( July 2003 ) there was a Holiday Inn right on the beach with lots of parking. You could check thier web site for more details

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ladyfisher's Profile Photo

by ladyfisher Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 3:42 PM

The Raddisson is right on the beach and is wonderful right now they have a internet rate of85 per night http://www.radisson.com/corpuschristitx

Re: Re: Hotel

by ladyfisher Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 3:59 PM

oops I almost forgot their are two in Corpus one is on San Pardre Island also right on beach this is the one I prefer I have stayed both they also have a web deal of79 per night. Both hotels are great but I prefer to be out on San Pardre island better beach. Radisson Resort South Padre Island 500 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island Texas 78597 Reservations: (800) 333-3333 USA Telephone: (956) 761-6511 Fax: (956) 761-1602 you can also get to it from above link for raddsion just to find a hotel and enter san pardre island texas.

• coloradochris's Profile Photo

by coloradochris Online Now Aug 4, 2004 at 9:36 PM

Go to the Surf Motel it is the cheapest on the island and has the best beach front access, I go ther twice a year, and also make sue you ask for room 199 it is the biggest room they have with a full cooking area two beeds and a fold out couch, a difinite must., coloradochris

• Re: Re: Hotel

by emerson42 Online Now Aug 5, 2004 at 12:55 PM

How do you get the85 deal? The cheapest I can see is139.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

by GUYON Online Now Aug 5, 2004 at 1:37 PM

85$ is the price in November. This Radisson got some bad reviews on Tripadvisor due to some concerns of cleanliness. Is it better to stay on the Padre Island or in the mainland ? I add IN NOVEMBER. Because I am afraid by the lonelyness of the hotels in the Island. It could be pleasant to have a huge beach for himself (we will be there some week days) but if the weather is not sunny it could be depressing. Your opinion ? Thanks to the VTs who have already answered. RAY

by ladyfisher Online Now Aug 6, 2004 at 5:17 PM

Ray It is still warm in Nov in Texas so the beaches may still have crowds esp. if you go close to Thanksgiving, but in early Nov shouldn't be very crowded. You will not be bored lots to do and see on the Island. You are also close enought o do day trip into Mexico . I have never had a problem with Raddison cleaniless. I also check trip advisor but I tend to take alot of it with a grain of salt unless there are a overwhelming amount of reviews that are poor.

• coloradochris's Profile Photo

by coloradochris Online Now Aug 7, 2004 at 11:54 PM

You will have to call down there and ask the man that is in charge, and normally he will hook you up with a good deal, coloradochirs

• monicarc's Profile Photo

by monicarc Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 3:54 PM

FYI: corpus christi is on north padre island. The more popular padre island is south padre island, near brownsville, texas, across from mexico. corpus is about a 3 hour drive to the mexican border. the water and entire atmosphere in south padre is much better than in north.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Corpus Christi