Coron Travel Answers

change location
swiftfoot's Profile Photo

Sangat

by swiftfoot Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Hi! Has anyone been to Sangat Resort in Coron? How does one get to the resort from the airport?

I will be with a group of 3 adults and 2 teenage kids. Only 2 in the group are scuba divers. What is the nearest snorkelling area from the resort? Is the beach entry dive off Sangat any good?

Do you have other recommendations for lodging?
What other activities/ destinations on the island would you recommend?

Grateful for any relevant information you can share.

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • Re: Sangat

by mindanaon Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by sydneystone Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Have you read the 121 reviews for this resort on tripadvisor.com? A quick scan of some recent reviews & I read the boat ride is 40 minutes even comments about diving. Probably a good start as this is only 1 website with accom reviews. agoda.com is another. Read trip reports on travelblogs.com as that may give some insight as to boats.

I had not read about Sangat Island before. Sounds interesting, will do some research later. I had a look at the resort's website. One whole page for 'getting there' and all they tell you is catching a plane from Manila to Busuanga. Big deal, anyone could work that out by simply using google. What about people like yourself wanting to know about what boat services are available. People also travel by boat from El Nino to Coron. I just shake my head. Have you sent them an email re boat connections?

• edwinic's Profile Photo

Re: Sangat

by edwinic Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 2:00 AM

If you are their guest, they will pick you up from the airport (30mins), then ferry you to their resort (45mins).
    The place is near to Coral Garden for snorkling also to a wreck gunboat which you can see from above on a clear day.
    There are many destination islands too many to list here.

by sydneystone Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 3:27 AM

edwinic, appears you nailed the OP's question. I had a quick look on the resort's website before I posted. I did not see this info. You would think it relevant to anyone thinking of staying there. Does the transfer involve additional cost or is it included as part of the booking? I suspect this will be the OP's next question.

I've done some research on Coron in conjunction with putting together a 6 week itinerary around the Philippines but I'm at least 2 years away from putting it in to action. Want to do my Vietnam itinerary first. I've only made notes about 1 day boat trips around Coron. But as I'm always researching, I'll certainly look in to island options for overnight stays. Cheers.

by edwinic Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Yes, picking up from and sending to the airport is included in the price.
    Theres also a hotspring which the guest can reach by kayaking on their own or be guided if needed. Also there is a marked trekking route if the guest wish to explore the island.

by sydneystone Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 4:25 AM

edwinic, thanks for the info.

by edwinic Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 4:31 AM

You are welcome sydneystone.

by mindanaon Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM

@sydneystone - i had already posted links to this info in the first reply -unfortunately this website doesnt allowed links to be posted so they cant be clicked on

by sydneystone Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

mindanaon, I fully concur with what you say. I did not try your links as I always google the hotel, resort etc for their website as this search also gives me access to tripadvisor for reviews. I did not dig deep enough to access their FAQ.

I would still have had the question as to who covers the cost of the airport to resort transfer. For the most part it is always cheaper to book one's own transport.

I had no problem (today) accessing the links you provided to the resort's website.

• swiftfoot's Profile Photo

by swiftfoot Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Thank you, mindanaon. Will keep this at the back of my mind for a future trip.

by edwinic Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

The hotel cover your transport from airport-resort-airport. Its part of the charges.

• swiftfoot's Profile Photo

by swiftfoot Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Thanks, Nick! passed up Sangat for now. Will visit Malapascua (Malapascua Legends Resort) end of May instead.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines