Coron Travel Answers

change location

Traveling to Coron with a 1 yr old baby in August (generally a rainy season) is it advisable?

by Meeriah Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

We are booked to travel to Coron, Palawan first week of August 2013, with our 14 yr old and our 1 yr old baby. Is it safe to bring along a toddler and do island hopping? Just say she will be geared up for safety precautions, like life vest and the likes. Any feedback who has gone through the same with their kids would be very much appreciated. Coron is such a lovely place and we are all (already) booked, it would feel really bad to leave our dear munchkin behind while we all are having fun in the island :(

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling to Coron with a 1 yr old baby in August (generally a rainy season) is it advisable?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Meeriah, i think that it would be perfectly safe to bring along your toddler, after all the safety of your toddler is really in your own hands. I would assume your kid will be sitting on your knee on the boat during your island hopping, and again i assume that you will be keeping an eye on her when you are on the beach when the boat stops at the islands. I mean you would not just leave the kid on the beach so she can crawl around by herself.
    The only thing i would be concerned about would be the weather as August is rainy season so keep a look out for stormy weather or typhoons approaching, although Coron does not experience many typhoons.
    Take Munchkin along and don't forget her special needs on the day trip---drinks and baby food!!
    Enjoy Coron--it is a wonderful place

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Traveling to Coron with a 1 yr old baby in August (generally a rainy season) is it advisable?

by Meeriah Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I can't agree with you more, my children's safety will always be first on my list, thus this question posted! You have been very helpful Mr. Davidjo, it's encouraging to know that there is someone who would agree with me on this, despite negative feedbacks from family lol but I know they're just worried, I am too! I just need to hear what the others have to say especially those who's gone through a Coron trip with toddlers. Thank you!

• iclee's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling to Coron with a 1 yr old baby in August (generally a rainy season) is it advisable?

by iclee Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Hi Meeriah, the weather is quite erratic and the airlines can cancel flights when necessary so nowadays it does not follow that May-Oct are rainy season in the Philippines.

I would bring a toddler and exercise all safety precaution. After all, environment is just one factor to anyone's safety.

I have a long time boat owner/operator contact, she is reliable and not related to me in any way. Buzz me if you prefer a private boat with boatman/cook on board and I'll give you the source.

• by Meeriah Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I totally agree with the erratic weather, but I do hope the weather (those few days we are there) will be more cooperative! We are only in the Phils for 2 full weeks, would be such a waste if the flight will be cancelled due to bad weather. On the other note, would certainly love to get hold of contacts to compare prices from, as I have also seen a few forums exchanging contacts from their trips in Coron, so please do send away, I really appreciate your tips and help, thank you!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines