Travel Answers
Cornwall

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Is Dame Diana Rigg still performing: "No Turn Unstoned"? If so where should one but tickets?

London May 27, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Is Dame Diana Rigg still performing at the theaters in London? I understood she performed in "No Turn Unstoned". And if so where should one try for tickets. I looked at the internet and it seems not.

more
    • Bus routes in derriford Plymouth

Plymouth May 26, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Bus routes in derriford plymouth

more
    • Bikers cafe

New Brighton May 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Hi could people tell me he name of the cafe all the bikers park outside please. And on Monday the three ships line up, what is the best time to see them together, and from where in new Brighton!

Thanks

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Little off beat - cheap courier service from UK, london to India

London Yesterday

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any parcel service from London to India that sends parcels for a good price.. I have to send a 10 kg parcel. I have googled and found one but the general local ones are not easily available on the web. The one I found is in wembley which is sending for 27£ for 10 kg but need to take it from Victoria coach station to wembley. Any service near to Victoria..any better service with a good price.. Any idea on it Londoners???

more
    • poem In Liverpool museum in front of the liver bird building

Liverpool May 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM

there is a poem about Liverpool starting by I am...and it is like some sort of riddle.I can’t remember its name.
      does Anyone know it? It was in the museum
      Thank you!!

more
    • One evening only

Liverpool May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Hello! I will attend a conference at the end of June and will have one evening only to explore Liverpool... Any must-dos? I will have been to the Cavern with a group the evening before, and one evening is the only spare time that I will have. Thanks for suggestions. (I will be based at the Hard days night hotel).

more
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Have you ever bought limited view tickets for Billy Elliot?

London May 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hi I want to see Billy Elliot and I am getting a price of 38-47 pounds to see the play in limited view seats (second floor, first row)(london box office is selling the tickets). have you ever been there at Victoria Palace? Do you think it will be ok? Thank you!!

more
    • terminal two bag transfer

Heathrow May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • Rental car or Bus

Lymington May 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are a family of 4 people, going to Lymington on a 7 day vcation. Please advise whether we should hire a car or use bus service going around

more
    • HELP TO PLAN AND ROUTE

Lake District National Park May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM

We are 4 adults who plan to do a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Lake District and Scotland.
      Our Dates of travel are fixed owing to certain other obligations.
      Our mode of transport is RAIL for London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      Our query is:
      Depart London by TRAIN on Wednesday, 15th. July 2015 -- Early Morning.
      Arrive Lake District and put bags in our B & B.
      Would like to tour the Lake District for the day.
      Night of 15th. in a Bed & Breakfast accommodation with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy.
      Depart Lake District by TRAIN on Thursday, 16th. July 2015 – Early Morning
      Arrive Edinburgh, Scotland and spend the day sightseeing and visiting a distillery @ woolen factory.
      Night of 16th. in a Hotel in Edinburgh with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy (+ B/F)
      17th. July - Spend the day sightseeing and board the TRAIN in the evening to arrive at London in the late evening.

We would appreciate your inputs and suggestions for :
      a. Return Train Tickets Booking – London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      b. B & B accommodation in Lake District
      c. Sightseeing in the Lake District
      d. Accommodation in Edinburgh
      e. Sightseeing in Edinburgh
      f. Any other suggestions / inputs to help in planning this trip

Thanks and regards

Jolly

more
    • MichaelJTopley's Profile Photo

Any Hidden Gems?

Lake District National Park May 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi all, am new to the site. My fiancee and I are heading to Cockermouth in June and are wanting to know of any hidden gens within the lake district worth checking out. We are there for 7 days and want to try and fit as much in as possible.

Many thanks :)

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • Car Hire Uk

Manchester May 29, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Flying into Manchester in September and departing Manchester end of December.Wanting to hire or aquire a car for 3 to 3.5 months.Any ideas on the cheapest way to do this?Thanks.

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Bath to stonehenge?

Bath May 27, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone please let me know which is the cheap and best way to reach stonehenge. Is it good to travel from southampton or from bath? And from whichever location it is best, how to go? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Wheelchair access

Newcastle upon Tyne May 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I'm off for a stag weekend in the next few days. Does anyone know which clubs and bars are wheelchair friendly/accessible and that have disabled toilets to hand? Any response is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

more
    • AGE FOR CLUBS NEWCASTLE

Newcastle upon Tyne May 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi, i will be traveling to newcastle in a few weeks time, just wondering the age limit of most of the clubs as i have 2 18 yr olds with me

more
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

Heathrow May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

more
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

Heathrow May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

Heathrow May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

more
    • Fare for china airlines

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets?

London May 26, 2015 at 2:40 AM

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets? After paying can I print them or do I pick them at the departing station? We are traveling June 18th Edinburgh>York then two days later York>London. They can't mail them as we are leaving too soon for them to post them. This is our first time buying advance tickets, thank you.

more
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

Heathrow May 23, 2015 at 4:30 AM

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

more
    • DLM3718's Profile Photo

Britrail England Pass vs Railcard

England May 18, 2015 at 6:11 AM

I am visiting Europe for approx 1 month and will be spending the first 6 days in England, using London as a HUB point to stay and taking day-trips around the area. I have done research and am stuck between getting a Britrail England Pass for $218 or getting a youth railcard for $30 which offers 34% off train fares... for convenient/affordable travel on those day trips.

Was wondering if anyone had any insight? I figured the railcard will give me a little more flexibility and could potentially save me more money if I take less trips out of London than I am planning but the Britrail England Pass is much more convenient for getting on/off trains and not having to worry about tickets.

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

A day in London

London Yesterday

Hi,

I have visited the general tourist places London Eye, Parliament houses, big ben, westminster abbey,Tower bridge, Madame Tussauds, Buckingham palace, Piccadilly.
      I am planning to be there for a day and I know London has so much to it other than the above..St. Paul's Cathedral, British museum is on my list. Want to do something as the loacalites do there.. Any suggestions on places to visit, veg foods to try...Thanks in advance.

more
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

Heathrow May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

more
    • dales's Profile Photo

Getting There

Tintagel Apr 20, 2015 at 8:40 AM

I am thinking of making a trek to that part of the uk. I was a fan of the TV series Merlin and Doc Martin. What is the best way to get there, starting from either London airport? I was thinking of taking a train to some spot in the desired direction and then renting a car for the duration.

8 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 11:56 AM
    • Theofiel's Profile Photo

cottage rental

Penzance Mar 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

looking for an apartment vacation rental in Penzance with a coastal view, any suggested places?

2 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    • candmcode's Profile Photo

Advice on Hotel/B&B near Minack Theatre in Cornwall near Penzance?

Penzance Feb 22, 2015 at 12:17 PM

We plan on attending an evening play at the Minack Theatre, which I believe is near Penzance, but have booked a self-catering cottage in Port Isaac. Since the play will be getting out later in the evening and we are both unfamiliar with the local roads, as well as unaccustomed to driving on the left hand side of the road, we thought it wise to book one night nearby the Minack Theatre. Would anyone have a suggestion as to what would be a reasonable and relatively safe route and hotel to stay at for an overnight?? Thank you!

2 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 2:37 AM
    • 726jenni's Profile Photo

From cornwall to Heathrow

Cornwall Feb 8, 2015 at 4:01 AM

In Wales for 5days then driving via west Coast to Penzance. We are walking part of the South West Coast Path ending in Falmouth on Sat 6 th June 2015. We need to be at Heathrow on Mon 8th.
      We would like some ideas on where/how to spend these 2 days making our way back to the airport. We will not have a car. We are not keen to spend 7 or 8 hours in a train or bus to London so thought we could see something interesting in the country instead. Had a quick look at Salisbury but weren't oversold on it. ( or maybe it was a poor website). Have previously been to Bath, Windsor etc.
      Grateful once again for any suggestions.
      Regards. Jenni

10 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

7 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 1:44 AM
    • Best taxi service

Polperro Sep 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM

What is the best taxi service from Liskeard train station to Polperro if one is arriving after the last bus service

6 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Gluten Free

Mevagissey Aug 21, 2014 at 4:05 AM

re there any bars/restaurants that can cater for gluten free diet (13 yrs old)!

2 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • live music

Saint Ives Aug 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hi guys, where is the best place in St Ives to experience live music. Rock, folk, blues etc.?
      thanks Tara

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • Mevagissy fishing

Mevagissey Aug 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Can you fish from the harbour wall?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    • dogs and shops

Penzance Jul 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

is there many shops and is it ok to take dogs on the beaches

1 Answer Jul 24, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • half-night stay

Penzance Jul 23, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Hi

I just got the summer job with my friend at one of the Hotels in Isle of Scilly. We are arriving to Penzance this weekend. We are coming by bus from London and we will arrive at around 2am at Penzance Bus Station. Our boat leaves at 9am. We don't have much money and renting a room for half a night seems too expensive (we are already spending over 200 ponds on the tickets. We were wondering if there is some sort of waiting room opened? Maybe at the railway station?

We tried calling hotels with 24h reception asking if we could wait in their lounge, for a small charge if necessary but no luck here.

It is our first visit to Cornwall and we would appreciate any help.

7 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Car rental pick up and drop off points

Cornwall Jul 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

This is for the trip in March. I want to pick a car up on March 16th from some place along the rail route from London and drop it off at the Newquay airport March 20th. Enterprise had a place in Bodmin but does not allow one way rentals and has no place to drop off at Newquay.

What place can I get off the train and rent a car where I can return it to Newquay airport or where I can get some form of transportation from the drop off point to the airport. Enterprise won't drive more than 10 miles and the airport is 15 miles from Bodmin.

11 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    • ergo's Profile Photo

CLOTHING for mid-Sept. VISIT

Cornwall Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Hello from Canada!
      Hubs & I are visiting England in September & have a 4 day tour of southwest England planned for the middle of Sept.
      Can anyone advise what is the most appropriate casual attire for that time of year? Short, capris,jeans or ?
      real jacket for warmth? hoodie? Track shoes ok? or something waterproof? I know the weather changes quickly but like all females, I like to get some advice from those who have gone before me.
      Much thanks,
      Chris in Canada

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • travelling from St. Ives/Cornwall to Dublin

Saint Ives Jul 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM

best way to get from St. Ives to Dublin

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • Place to store suitcase?

Saint Ives Jun 18, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Hi, I'll be travelling in Cornwall and would like to spend most of a day in St Ives. However, I'll have my rolling suitcase with me and will be using public transportation.

Is there any place where I can find lockers to store my suitcase while I explore?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • Cornwall in winter

Cornwall May 24, 2014 at 12:29 AM

My husband and I are planning to visit Cornwall and Devon for 2 weeks in late December 2014 and early January 2015.
      We will be driving from the Nth West of London and would like to include stops in Portsmouth, Salisbury and Bristol on our way to and from London. At this stage we are thinking that we will spend 3 or 4 nights in Penzance, but would like advice on a workable itinerary, bearing in mind the short days and the winter weather! We enjoy less touristy destinations and would like to take in both the coast and moorlands, including some scenic, but not too strenuous walks.
      Hoping someone can help!

4 Answers May 26, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Train, Rental, Places to visit

Penzance May 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I was impressed with a First Western train advertisement showing nice places around Cornwall, UK. I stay in London and it is around 250 miles to this place. I was thinking of going in train, then take a rental car to visit around this place. Which station in that area or location is easily accessible to get rental cars. What are the various places that I can cover. I was thinking of travelling around saturday early morning, reach around noon, then take next day late evening train to London.

7 Answers May 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    • Luggage transfer

Polperro Apr 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM

We are considering a self catering break in Polperro later this year, does anyone know the cost of the luggage as no matter how hard we try, we never travel light!?

3 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

4 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 1:48 AM
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • atmaxi's Profile Photo

Holliday in Cornwall on june 2014

Cornwall Mar 23, 2014 at 4:02 AM

we leave in France and we plan to go on Holliday in Cornwall on June 2014. Do you think it make sence after the very catastrophic Weather and all the destroyed landscape they had.

8 Answers May 12, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    • South west England

Cornwall Dec 23, 2013 at 4:36 AM

we (couple) a doing a 5- day trip from London on Easter and I cant deside what sites to visit- I want a mix of ancient and historical buildings and nature. And I'd like to see the places of King Arthur too. I thought to visit Bath and Wells and from there go to Tintagel Castle. Is Tintagel Castle worth a trip specifically ? May be another ideas? Thanks

11 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    • looking to relocate

Newquay Dec 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Hello all
      I have just accepted a job offer in Bodmin and due to the nature of the work do not want to live there. We have looked at many places throughout Cornwall and have agreed on Newquay. Problem is we do not know the area in depth, is there areas we should avoid buying a house? I don't want to come across as snooty but want to avoid the council housing estates and bring up the kids in a nice area.

6 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • Ellie22's Profile Photo

Advice on good places to visit in cornwall

Cornwall Nov 4, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I am looking to go to Cornwall for 2 weeks in the spring of next year by myself and traveling by car. I am interested in seeing the heritage of Cornwall, as well as gardens, museums and natural sites (waterfalls, caves, woods). I am also interested in visiting towns that are 'traditionally cornish' as opposed to overly touristy. I would like to get a feel for the real Cornwall while I am there, instead of just visiting all touristy places, I would love to see Cornwalls natural beauty and learn about its heritage. Any suggestions for places to go or things to see would be much appreciated.

11 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    • Best time to leave to drive to Cornwall

Cornwall Aug 23, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Heading from Bedforshire to Redruth on Saturday 31st August - anyone done this at this time of year? Im hoping it'll be quieter as right at the end of the school holidays Im happy to leave early as I really dont want to get stuck in hours of traffic... please advise!

7 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    • LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Walking the coastal path from Newquay to Watergate Bay.

Newquay Aug 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Can anyone tell me if they have done this and is there anything I should be careful of? Also can this be done wearing sandal's or should I wear shoes? Many thanks.

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Best Tourist route round 'Cornish Alps'

Cornwall May 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I would hate to drive round the china clay area, near St Austell, not know where the best vantage point was for photographs. I have looked at some spectacular photos in books but they don't say exactly where they were taken or if there are any access restrictions. Can anyone help?
      Also, is there more than one access road (gate) to the Eden Project or does everyone have to approach from the same side?

1 Answer May 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    • self catering accomodation & hiking

Cornwall Mar 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

can anyone recommend where in cornwall would be suitable for hiking. unfortunately due to health reasons arent able to travel to our usual Bernese Oberland boo hoo. Also any suitable s.c apartments/cottages

9 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 2:51 AM
    • deniz666uk's Profile Photo

Cornwall for kids

Cornwall Jan 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'm looking for the best place in cornwall for kids 5yrs and 6months it won't be in the school holidays and was hoping to stay in a holiday park. I have been to cornwall but only looe and liskeard and lands end which I thought was a waste of time. How is lizard point area or Penzance or st Ives for kids

9 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    • tender pier

Falmouth Feb 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Does anyone know where the Princess tenders dock in Falmouth? Is it relatively easy to get from this location to Pendennis Castle?

4 Answers Feb 17, 2012 at 3:47 AM