Corniglia Travel Answers

change location
Beth75NJ's Profile Photo

The hunt for the best Pesto EVER!

by Beth75NJ Online Now May 11, 2004 at 7:41 AM

Hi everyone, My sister spent some time in Cinque Terre last summer (and I'm dying to get out there!) . She brought home the best pesto, EVER, "Prodotti Tipici Liguri- Cinque Terre in tavola- Pesto alla Genovese" There is a picture of an octopus on the green label holding a knife and fork. Her birthday is coming up and I would love to get her a ton of this stuff as a gift. I looked on the website and it's under construction. I was wondering if anyone else has fallen under the spell of this yummy concoction and if you know where I can buy some or if you'd be willing to help me locate some. I'd be more then happy to help you out with some NYC product shipping. (pickles or knishe's perhaps?) :) Thanks so much, Beth

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ZoT's Profile Photo

Re: The hunt for the best Pesto EVER!

by ZoT Online Now May 13, 2004 at 1:05 AM

www.peck.it or www.esperya.com are both interesting gourmet websites, I'm sure you'll find pesto there. But... ...my advice is: do it yourself! :-) Basil oxidates so damn quickly that is almost impossible to retain its flavor for more than some hours. So it's always better to prepare it when you need it (of course, you need fresh and good ingredients). It's as easy as putting in a mixer fresh basel, parmigiano (not "fake" parmesan cheese!), pine kernels, olive oil, some garlic and salt. ZoT

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beth75NJ's Profile Photo

Re: The hunt for the best Pesto EVER!

by Beth75NJ Online Now May 14, 2004 at 6:15 AM

THANKS EVERYONE!! It's this specific pesto that she wants. I agree thought that making it yourself is the best!! Thanks again for helping me out!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines