Corinth Travel Answers

change location
littlesam1's Profile Photo

Traveling from Athens to Corinth

by littlesam1 Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I am planning my trip to Greece for this coming June. I will be spending several days in Athens. I want to take some day trips away from the city while I am there. I have been reading about Corinth in a travel guide and it looks interesting. However the guide book does not have a lot of information about traveling there. It mentions that there are some trains and busses on the Peloponnese but it does not mention if there is public transportation from Athens to the area. Does anyone from the area know if there are trains or busses that can be taken from Athens to Corinth. I will not have a car on this trip and was wondering if the visit would be possible without one.

Larry

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

RE: Traveling from Athens to Corinth

by brotherleelove Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • littlesam1's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Traveling from Athens to Corinth

by littlesam1 Online Now Mar 4, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Great links. I have been here on VT all morning and have not gone to Google yet..lol. I found another city from the first link that looks interesting also. I may check it out. Nafplio.

Larry

• watermarked's Profile Photo

by watermarked Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Hi!

I travelled around Greece by train in june 2005 and enjoyed it a lot.
    You can take the train from Athens to Corinth (a couple of hours), then just cross the street from the train station and there's a bus station where you take the bus to Acrocorinth (Ancient Corinth), it takes half an hour by bus.

From Corinth you can take the train to Napflio, but I had to change from train to bus in Argos because the new railroad hasn't been built yet until Napflio (if you buy the train ticket to Napflio it is valid also for the bus from Argos to Nafplio).

Enjoy!

• Elena_blue's Profile Photo

by Elena_blue Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 3:58 AM

First of all are you sure about Corinth? Because there are plenty of destinations for a day trip around Athens. What is interesting in the area is the ancient Corinth, not very big sight, better for a half day trip with car for driving around. By public transportation, there is not a direct connection from Athens. You have take a bus or suburban railway to modern Corinth and from there another bus to ancient Corinth (about 10 klms).
    For day trips around Athens by public transportation consider also Nafplio and small islands like Aegina, Poros and Hydra.

by littlesam1 Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 8:32 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still looking at places for day trips and have not made any final decisions. Thanks for the suggestions. Nafplio does look more interesting and I have been reading about it a little. Any other suggestions?

Larry

• brotherleelove's Profile Photo

by brotherleelove Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Add the nearby island of Hydra to your list of possibilities.

by littlesam1 Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 10:24 AM

Thanks. I just checked out some VT pages on Hydra. It looks like another good possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.

larry

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines