Corfu Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Antique furniture

Rhodes (Island) Oct 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I am looking to furnish a house in Rhodes with antique furniture. What I am looking for is traditional Greek island wooden sofas, rush taverna chairs, and old wooden table, wardrobe etc. Does anyone know if there are markets for this kind of thing, or second hand furniture and antique shops? Thank you.

Mykonos Sep 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM

We are to travel by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini in end sep 15. The two options are Seajet (Superjet) (0940-1140) and Hellenic Seaways, (Highspeed 4) (1440-1715). So as to spend an additional evening in Santorini, we would prefer the earlier Seajet Ferry. However, the internet is full of negative reviews about this. We are not so much bothered about the sea sickness issue which may have a greater effect on the Superjet being a smaller vessel. However, the issue of dependability and punctuality etc is of major concern to us. Are Superjets really all that bad or are they merely victims of bad publicity launched by competitors. I seek the help of fellow VT members to help solve the dilemma.

• Greek itinerary

Greece Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM

We are 60ish couple and like slow travel. This will be our first time in Greece, 4.5 weeks in spring 2016. We will spend a few days in Athens and then the rest of the time in the Peloponnese. We like to hike and also explore history/art/food/nature. We usually rent an apartment or house for 1-2 weeks and then do day trips from there.

My question is where to situate ourselves on the Peloponnese and what islands to go to if any? I was looking at Poros, Elafonissos, or????? I thought easier to get to an island closer to the Peloponnese rather than try to get to Santorini? Suggestions would be great! We will rent a car.

• car rental in Santorini

Santorini Island Sep 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Is it possible to rent a car at the port in santorini without ordering in advance? Since I don't know the exact day, but it will be 1st week of October. will it be more expensive?

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Greece Sep 14, 2015 at 11:36 PM

We've been there twice, driving down the mountain from the west. We saw the beginning of the road going north to Zakros, it wasn't asphalted. Do you know this road? A non asphalted and not well kept road can be broken up, especially when it crosses creeks.

Of course we'll ask at the place, but we'll get the replies of people experienced in driving this road, and maybe with jeeps.

• Ferry tickets

Greece Sep 12, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Traveling from Athens to Naxos on 17th and then Naxos to Santorini on 21st.
      Is it possible to buy one ticket with stop over in Naxos or I need to buy two Ticket.
      Ticket with stop over would be a cheaper option, if allowed.

My son is 10 years and 3 Months. Do I Need to buy child or adult ferry Ticket for him.

Athens Sep 7, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Need help in the following please: 1. Is there a Carrefour outlet in the Area the Syntagma Square and thereabouts? If yes kindly provide details.
      2. Which is the best way to get to Avenue Shopping Complex from the Hadrian's Arch area by public transport. Kindly provide details of Suburban trains and buses which connect with details of stations / stop from which to board.
      3 Any other Supermarkets in the vicinity of Plaka and thereabout.

• What Sun cream factor for Rhodes in July

Rhodes (Island) Sep 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM

What factor sun cream should i buy for a july holiday for adults and also for a 3 year old

• transportation

Greece Sep 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does any one know if they have uber in Santorini or Mykonos? if so, or if none, how easy or difficult is it to go around these Islands? been there before but the last time I was there I took a tour and the bus took us everywhere, this time, still on a tour, but we have free times most of the times

• Pre-paid Mobile Phone service and Ferry Info

Greece Sep 9, 2015 at 9:21 AM

I would appreciate if someone can recommend pre-paid mobile phone service that would provide high speed internet access with minimal calls in Athens, Santorini and Naxos

Also, making ferry reservations for travel on the following dates
      Athens to Naxos - 17th Sep
      Naxos to Santorini - 21st Sep

Would you recommend Economy seats (inside) or Air Seats lounge or Berth Inside
      travel with wife and two kids (10 and 13)

• Bus vs. Car Rental

Athens Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

We will be traveling to Santorini Greece in July, 2016. I've been doing a lot of reading on using the bus system vs. renting a car and would like some guidance. I hear the buses are at full capacity during this very high tourist season, but I also hear that finding parking can be very difficult. We want to see many of the usual sights in Santorini including the beaches, ancient sights, old churches, etc. What do you suggest for transportation while we're there? If anyone recommends a rental car, do you have any tips for how to find parking at the various destinations? When we traveled to Italy, I found that we could reserve and pay ahead for parking in their parking garages in Rome where available parking is very rare. Thanks for your help!

• Making a connecting flight

Athens Sep 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Although I see someone who asked about making a connecting flight within the two hours they have between flights, I am asking if it is possible to make a connection if coming in to Athens on an international flight arriving 9:05 AM and taking the 10:15 AM flight on Aegean Airlines to Santorini. We will be traveling mid July 2016. The next available flight to Santorini is 1:15 pm.

• Taxi from Port- Piraeus

Greece Sep 24, 2015 at 5:29 AM

Searched web but was not able to find the answer.

Is the taxi fare from Port to city center fixed like it is from airport.

I arrive at the port via blue star ferry at 11:25 pm.

If not fixed, any idea on the fare at around mid night.

• maviyam's Profile Photo

A group transportaion from Piraeus to Athens and back

Piraeus Sep 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

We are a group of 12 people come to Piraeus on October 1 on a cruise. Is there any possibility to get a ride from the pier at port to Athens for the group without reservations.

• o_henna's Profile Photo

Visiting santorini

Santorini Island Oct 2, 2015 at 6:18 AM

We are three friends visiting Crete (3 days)- santorini not ( 2 days) - Mykonos ( one and half day) - Paros ( 2 days)
      Please suggest if this is a good itinerary or should we make any changes. We are somewhat on a budget, so please give us guidance as where all to go and is it possible to have one bike for the three of us ....we are safe drivers and petite.

Greece Sep 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM

We are to travel by ferry from Mykonos to Santorini in end sep 15. The two options are Seajet (Superjet) (0940-1140) and Hellenic Seaways, (Highspeed 4) (1440-1715). So as to spend an additional evening in Santorini, we would prefer the earlier Seajet Ferry. However, the internet is full of negative reviews about this. We are not so much bothered about the sea sickness issue which may have a greater effect on the Superjet being a smaller vessel. However, the issue of dependability and punctuality etc is of major concern to us. Are Superjets really all that bad or are they merely victims of bad publicity launched by competitors. I seek the help of fellow VT members to help solve the dilemma.

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Map of Crete

Greece Sep 12, 2015 at 7:17 AM

I've got a 1:150,000 Marco Polo map of Crete, I don't find a date on it - but the label of the store is from 2011.Should I look for other or newer maps? We're going to drive at least a week in the west side.

I remember that there were several roads on the map that hadn't been built yet, only planned (I'm not going to look for them, I just remember that we got to places where we couldn't go on).

• Taxi Fare from AIrport to Syntagma Square

Greece Sep 12, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Any estimate on the taxi fare from airport to Syntagma Square. Also, please suggest if there is a preferred taxi company with good fares.

• Taxi cost

by Yettibear Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Arriving on 28th august going to kavos alpha taxis are coming up cheapest booking on line or is it same price just getting a taxi outside the airport. Cheers. Yvette

2 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM
    • suitcase storage

by Michele1957 Online Now Jun 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM

When I travel back from Corfu I have to be at the airport 9 hours before my flight. Where can I store my case.

• Villa recommendations,

by Tanja72 Online Now Feb 15, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Budget Villa needed in June, good sandy beech(s), easy to get for attractions... It's a lot to ask I know but I can hope...

1 Answer Feb 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    • early morning arrival

by cramerh Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Hi - I'm flying in early morning arrive airport 02.55 and need to get to the resort of Gardenos in the South West near Vitalades. The quoted on line taxi fare costs more than the flight which is crazy and I'm not paying it! Can anyone suggest my best and cheapest options? Thanks Helen

6 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • no car in sidari

by noeleenredmond Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM

We're staying in Sidari for 3 weeks in August (I know, it'll be sooooo hot!!) We have been to Corfu a few time before but never up north. We are happy to use public transport but need to know if you feel we will need to rent a car to get around? We'd like to go to the west coast beach. We've been to Corfu town many times and can use the bus to go there again, if we want, but are unsure about public transport up north. Would love to hear your view. Tx, Noeleen from Ireland

7 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 1:35 AM
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Ferrry to Albania

by chriso1969 Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Im going to Corfu for a week in August and I plan to take the ferry to Saranda Albania. I know there is a ferry but can anybody tell me from where in Corfu it departs from? Ive searched but it just says Corfu not a town in particular. Thanks, Chris.

3 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 1:33 AM
    • janemichelle70's Profile Photo

Child/Baby friendly restaurants/bars in Corfu

by janemichelle70 Online Now May 29, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Hi family with baby (8 months) teenager of 16 and my niece with her 3 boys (10) (7) and (2) searching places to go for holiday,can anyone recommend any child/baby friendly restaurants/bars in Corfu,please? Much appreciated.

5 Answers May 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • share ride Igoumenitsa-Preveza Lefkada Vlikho 18 May 2014

by tedgorton Online Now May 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I have booked a taxi for the above route and date and would be glad to share it with up to 3 people going to Vlikho, Lefkada or Preveza (percentage share according to distance)

2 Answers May 3, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • Corfu/Sarande Ferry

by CruisingItaly Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hi, my partner and i will be in corfu next summer and my in-laws will be coming over from Albania. I was just wondering if the ferry takes cars across or just passengers? And what the cost for a car is?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • A special occasion in Corfu

by Sarahjanet Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Does anyone know of anything really special or different that my husband and I can do in Corfu? We are going next August as part of my special 50th birthday celebrations and wanted to really mark the occasion with something special. Any advice?

1 Answer May 7, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    • Quiet Times

by strider1947 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Is October a quiet time in Corfu?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    • shopping for goods in corfu i am going on the 1st of september

by michmccoys Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 5:39 AM

looking for good shops i corfu for handbags, perfumes, jewellery, clothes etc

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM
    • SandraT85's Profile Photo

Yanna's Apartments near Canal D' amour, Sidari Corfu

by SandraT85 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Does anybody knows anything about Yanna's Apartments in Canal D' amour, Sidari Corfu?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • Where to stay in corfu?

by mimitcha82 Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I am spending 2 nights in Corfu in the middle of August with my family and my 2 year old daughter. What is the best place to stay with kids? Do I need a car to go around?

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM
    • Eating late near to the port?

by verity_buster Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

can anyone recommend some places that serve food late and wouldnt mind a group of 28 people descending on them at around midnight? near the port too.

• tucha's Profile Photo

Corfu to Dubrovnik??

by tucha Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Hello to all

Is it possible to sail departing Corfu and arriving in Croacia (Dubrovnik)??

If so, which are the companys that provide that service??

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    • UK brands in Corfu

by emmaking Online Now May 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Which UK clothes retailers deliver to Corfu?

What was the service like? E.g. postage and packaging costs, delivery times etc.

1 Answer May 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    • bobnfran's Profile Photo

Would like to visit Old Town Corfu with a local person!

by bobnfran Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

We are an active senior couple from the USA who will be visiting in Corfu on Sunday September 9th. We would enjoy meeting an English-speaking resident or couple who would like to show us around Old Town and hopefully create a friendship.

Learning about your culture and way of life is of interest to us. And this is a good way to create peace in the world.

If interested and free that day, please post a reply. No professional tour-guides, please.

2 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    • marmagi's Profile Photo

where to stay while in Corfu ?

by marmagi Online Now Aug 6, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I am planning a 4 or 5 days stay in Corfu, it seams to me the island is sooo big and I am sure is not many days but this is what I can this time.

I have few questions to better use these 4 days:

strategically and logistically what is the best town to stay in? the town which is nice, close to nice beaches and at same time easy to go travel the island from there? what about night life is nice in this town?

any names of apartment, residence, resort, bed&breakfast, hotels you recommend me in this town?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    • ancabelascu's Profile Photo

by ancabelascu Online Now Jun 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

We have chosen our holiday in Moraitika this year and someone that has already arrived there found us a room to Fondas Apartments. have you ever been there?
      Thanks, Anca

2 Answers Jul 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Luggage storage on Corfu

by Drugness Online Now Apr 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Hello all
      I am getting the boat from Sarande to Corfu next month but I won't have time to spend a night in Corfu.
      Can someone tell me if there is a luggage storage area near the port where I can drop my bags for a few hours while I walk around the town? Also, if there is a tourist info office near the port they would surely know for sure.
      Thanks everyone!

5 Answers Apr 20, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    • Corfu Accommodation - Then to Albania

by Jetgirly Online Now Mar 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I'm arriving in Corfu on July 1st at 7:00 pm. I'd like to spend a few days on the island before heading to Albania on the 5th. I understand the ferry will probably leave at 9:00 am and I'll have to be there early to clear customs. I'm currently looking at the Pink Palace- it seems like a pretty "energetic" hostel, which should put me in that holiday mood at the beginning of my trip! I also looked at Sunrock, but I think PP would be better for me. Are there any other hostels worth considering? Then, I'm also wondering about my options for getting from PP to the ferry terminal in the morning. Any ideas?

1 Answer May 25, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    • Ferries/Hydrofoils to Paxos

by ElsieCee Online Now Jan 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I've heard that a number of the ferries and hydrofoils between Corfu and Paxos have had their licences withdrawn by the Greek Government, does anyone know anything about this? My friend is getting married on Paxos in June and I'm worried that we won't be able to get there!

Any help would be much appreciated, L.

• getting around from cruise ship arrrive Kerkyra

by harpernelson Online Now Aug 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Is there anything we shouldn't miss. We will be here for day. What is best way to get around. Like to sight see. Good cafee?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

by Naomi_B Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Is there a post office in Sidari? Or in Corfu town? Where? I would like the address.

2 Answers Aug 21, 2011 at 6:21 AM

Sidari-Discos and clubs

by Naomi_B Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 6:58 AM

Which are the best discos and clubs in Sidari?

Sidari-Corfu town

by Naomi_B Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 2:56 AM

How can I reach Corfu town from Sidari? Can someone link me a timetable?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Corfu town

by Naomi_B Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 2:54 AM

I am interested that what should I visit in Corfu town? And i would like some street names where are the main shop areas. And I would like to ask that is there somewhere in Corfu towna statue or something that commemorates Gerald Durrell? Because he is my favourite writer and he lived in Corfu town. Is there somewhere in Corfu his house which can be visited?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM

by Naomi_B Online Now Aug 18, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I am going to Corfu with my boyfriend and we will stay in Sidari in the Zeus appartment. I would like to ask that in Sidari are there shops(clothes,souvenirs,supermarket)? What are the prices in the supermarkets? Are there discos or clubs in Sidari? Which is the best disko? And what activities can we do in sidari(can we practice water sports)? Are in Sidari good restaurants?

• 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Full Day Suggestion

by 2AussieGuys Online Now Jun 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM

We are arriving into Corfu by cruise ship for a 12 hour stop. I am thinking of hiring a small car and just doing our own thing. Can anyone suggest a nice beach - clothing optional is good - for a nice few hours, and, maybe combine this with a couple of hours suggested sightseeing. It looks a magic island.

2 Answers Jun 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM