Córdoba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Visit to qortoba

by mgilani Online Now May 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM

We are coming to madrid & wants to go to Qortaba.How we can go by train from madrid and how long will it take time to reach from qortoba. What is the charges

4 Answers May 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM
    • Portugal / Madrid to Cordoba

by cconceicao Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hello, everybody! :)

Do you know how can I get Cordoba from
      - Faro
      - Porto
      or even
      - Madrid?

Thank you!

13 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    • Driving from Cordoba to Toledo - any nice stopover enroute?

by micmik Online Now Nov 22, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Any nice stopover enroute to Toledo. - either for a great meal or quaint village to stay overnight. We don't want to keep driving for 4+ hours, and miss seeing the beautiful Spanish towns!

4 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    • serioj's Profile Photo

Patio event

by serioj Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I am going to visit Spain during May 2012.
      When is the exact time of the Patio competition in May 2012 ??
      Is it worth booking (expensive) accommodation in Cordoba (especially during the event)than going by AVE from Malaga as a day trip ??

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Malaga to Cordoba..day trip.

by philosykos Online Now Jul 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Thinking of going to Cordoba for a day trip by bus..Question..is the bus station in Cordoba near city center and the sights?Easy to walk too etc?/Any info helpful...

3 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    • Granada to Cordoba day trip...

by ola_h1987 Online Now May 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Hi Guys!!
      I'm sorry if this question has already been posted before...

But me and a friend are staying in granada for about 6 days, and im thinking of doing a day trip to Cordoba..

firstly is it better to make our own way there or go with a tour group from granada?

Also what is the easiest way to get to Cordoba if we were to go on our own and at what cost please?

Thanking you!! :)

8 Answers May 2, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

How long...?

by Maurizioago Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Is it worth to spend two or three days in Cordoba, or is it good to do it as a daytrip from Seville?

7 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    • tdecast's Profile Photo

Day trip to Cordoba on a Monday

by tdecast Online Now Dec 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I only have one day to go to Cordoba and wanted to know what all I can/should do. Unforunately it will be a Monday and I am aware some places are closed (like the Alcazar)

I am planning on taking a train from Seville and returning to Seville in the late afternoon.

I will be by myself, what should I do besides the Mezquita and walk around the Jewish Quarter? How much time should I allot? I would like to be back in Seville by 7 or 8pm to meet up with my brother for dinner. Earlier if possible if there are not too many other things to do in Cordoba.

Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Dec 15, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    • carmena's Profile Photo

Outside Cordoba

by carmena Online Now Nov 10, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Dear all, any suggestions for a day outside Cordoba end May 2011. Thank you, Carmen

12 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 5:20 AM
    • PATIOS IN CORDOBA

by DeeMGee Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 4:54 AM

Hi All, I've been trying to find out the dates for the 2011 Patios event. I know it will be in May but I would like to book for a trip & it would help if the dates were available.
      Thanks in advance to anyone who can help
      DeeMGee

1 Answer Apr 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    • I'm embarrassed to ask this football question...

by lilacwings Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM

We are going to Cordoba on Wednesday. Unfortunately, my husband is a football-obsessive and on Sunday afternoon Manchester United play an important game (apparently!). He has asked me to ask you whether there are any football/English-type bars in Cordoba where he could watch this extravanganza.
      We were in Cordoba for a week last year and I can't recall anywhere that might fit his bill (which is it's charm, of course).

I apologise for asking this naff question, but MOH (if not me) would be really grateful for any information you can give.

Many thanks

7 Answers Sep 24, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    • globetrekker_airen's Profile Photo

christmas holidays in andalucia (cordoba)

by globetrekker_airen Online Now Aug 20, 2010 at 9:16 AM

hello fellow vt'ers.

We are planning to visit andalucia during christmas holidays and we have 10 days to allocate the trip in seville, cordoba and granda (or other suggestions).

i would like to solicit advice on:

1) how to distribute the days to these 3 cities considering travel time of half-day from one city to the other (by bus)?

2) where would it be best to stay for christmas (perhaps 4 days stay): seville, cordoba or granada, considering factors such as christmas eve mass celebration in the local cathedral and safety to go around at night during this season?

2) are the transportation system and streets (considering also inside the major
      attractions) in the 3 cities baby-friendly in terms of ease of using a baby buggy/ stroller?

3) is alsa the best/ most convenient bus for families with babies (example: eating/ drinking allowed inside the bus, adequate legspace)? we're on a tight budget so we will be using bus to travel?

4) are there areas in the major attractions (eg. mezquita, medina, etc) to eat/ drink or is it advised to buy at the center and bring the food (also baby food)?

5) are there cheap, easy-to-find supermarkets/ grocery stores in these cities to buy and cook food (and other necessities) or do we have buy them separately from specialty stores (like bread from bakery, meat from meatshop,etc)?

thank you so much in advance :)

regards,
      ning

• whyyesno's Profile Photo

Madrid-Cordoba by bus

by whyyesno Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Hello all,

i am planing to go from Madrid to Cordoba by bus in the end of July. Can anyone tell me how frequent are the buses on this route? Should I book a ticket in advance or can I just buy one on the bus?
      Also what is the trip length?
      Would really appreciate some help! :)

12 Answers Jul 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    • orangecrab's Profile Photo

Cordoba - Better to stay there or as a day trip from Granada?

by orangecrab Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Hello,

I'll be making my way up to Andalucia from Morocco. Only have a total of 5-6 days to spare before I travel back down to catch my flight in Casablanca and i intend to visit Granada and Cordoba. Will definitely stay in Granada.

But should I just spend all the days staying in Granada and visit Cordoba on a day trip or make my way up to Cordoba and stay for at least a night before coming down to Granada again?

Pls advise. Thanks!

13 Answers Jun 10, 2010 at 11:57 PM
    • johnnienewt's Profile Photo

el rey de bocadillo

by johnnienewt Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM

i was thinking of visiting cordoba and was wondering if anyone knows of el rey de bocadillo? or is he really a myth? i would love to meet him as i consider any eccentric person to be a star, also i think that i would be coming from sevilla or possibly malaga is it buses or trains?
      many thanks, johnnie

3 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    • Easter Sunday In Cordoba

by asaustrup Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I believe I will be in Cordoba on Easter Sunday. Is is possible to attend Easter Mass at the Cathedral/Mezquita? Are there any other special activities happening in Cordoba on Easter that would be of interest?

Thanks much to all you kind VT advisors.

Arne

• Accommodation in Cordoba

by juliefiona Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 2:02 AM

My daughter and I will be travelling to Andalucia for 10 days in May and will be staying in Cordoba for 1 night. We are looking for some centrally located accommodation. We're not interested in expensive 5 star hotels but moreso budget type accommodation, even hostels would be ok so long as it's clean, friendly and has a nice feel to it. Quirky and different is ok too. Budget to medium price range is our choice.

3 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    • Venelin's Profile Photo

Mezquita Opening Hours and Entry Fees

by Venelin Online Now Oct 27, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Hello.

I read in the Lonely Planet guidebook for Andalusia that the entry to the Cordoba mosque is free in the morning until 10am, only for individual visitors, but not for groups. However, the website of the mosque does not list any such possibility. Can anyone confirm or deny this piece of information? I would assume that the administration of this famous sight does not particularly like to emphasize on the fact that you can enter for free, but it could be that LP is wrong, of course.

Thank you in advance
      Venelin

4 Answers Oct 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    • Rabo de toro in Cordoba??

by adid12 Online Now Sep 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Hi, 2 years ago while in Cordoba I had terrific rabo de toro in a small but fully packed restaurant, I think around calle leiva aguilar, but I'm not sure.
      I want to send a friend there, Do you know the correct address?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    • How long do I need in Cordoba?

by ran137 Online Now Aug 3, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I will be taking a day trip from Seville and I was just wondering how many hours I will need to see most things. I want to get an idea of the train timings so I could book the tickets.

Thanks in adavance

5 Answers Aug 4, 2009 at 2:02 AM
    • Flamenco dance show

by suresh61 Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Visiting cordoba and granada and madrid. Which place is better for a flamenco show ??

any suggestions on a location or specific theatre ??

thanks

Suresh

1 Answer Jul 13, 2009 at 5:56 AM
    • Renfe station to Cordoba center hotel

by suresh61 Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I will be staying in Cordoba center hotel on -- Avda. de la Libertad, 4 Esqu. Avda.Gran Capitan. From Renfe train station. hotel website says its 10 minute walk. But arriving at 12:30 in the afternoon dragging 4 suitcases, walking will feel like 1 hr I guess. How much does a Taxi ride cost ?? may be few Euros right ? Are taxis easily available outside the station ?

Also after checking into hotel, is there anything I can see in the afternoon or more like evening after 3pm ?? Plan to visit Mezquita the next day. wondering how I can utilize the half day.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jul 9, 2009 at 12:53 AM
    • unaS's Profile Photo

Visit Cordoba?

by unaS Online Now May 8, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Would it be better to plan a day trip to Cordoba from Granada or from Sevilla?

Which would be easier travel?
      Would the bus or train be most convenient?

I do have more days in Sevilla, but am not sure that would be the best plan, as I originally thought.

Your suggestions welcome!

Thank you.

• advance tickets

by jgmille Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 5:21 PM

we're taking a day trip to cordoba on march 21st (in 10 days!); is it necessary to buy AVE tickets in advance? can you still get a good price by buying at Atocha the day before? thanks for your suggestions! the link on the renfe website to buy tickets isn't working right now....

1 Answer Mar 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

Mezquita - is it really free from 8.30 till 10.00 ?

by Savl1 Online Now Jan 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM

This information is from site english.turismodecordoba.org. But I see it nowhere else. Can anybody confirm this is really true?

1 Answer Feb 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

return tickets (ida y vuelta)

by Savl1 Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I want to go from Madrid to Sevilla and then to Cordoba. If I'll buy return tickets (ida y vuelta) Madrid-Sevilla-Madrid (to get cheaper fare), should I have any problem if case of boarding to train Sevilla-Madrid in Cordoba ?

• Gonzalez Hotel or Plateros Hotel

by Pickles11 Online Now Dec 31, 2008 at 7:21 PM

We are traveling next April and have 2 nites to spend in Cordoba. We will not have a car so it's public transportation or walking. Has anyone a preference on these two hotels? Or, another? We are not wanting a 'plush' hotel, rather an experience. Any and all help appreciated!

2 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

Medina Azahara by taxi

by Savl1 Online Now Dec 2, 2008 at 9:48 AM

I'll stay very short time in Cordoba (1 day),but I want to see Medina Azahara. What will be the price to go to Medina by taxi from the center of Cordoba ? And what will be the price for two ways if I'll ask taxi-driver to wait for 40 min. and return back ?

2 Answers Dec 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    • ScottishGordon's Profile Photo

The mosque in Cordoba

by ScottishGordon Online Now Nov 2, 2008 at 2:10 AM

Does anyone know if you can use a tripod to take photos inside the mosque?
      Thanks

4 Answers Nov 2, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    • wanderingtheworld's Profile Photo

Can I take a bus or train from Cordoba to Evora, Portugal?

by wanderingtheworld Online Now Oct 6, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Would anyone know what the best or cheapest way to get from Cordoba to Evora, Portugal is? I am traveling in mid November.

5 Answers Oct 8, 2008 at 12:24 PM