Córdoba Travel Answers

change location

Cordoba and surrounding area

by ElaineSausalito Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 11:52 AM

In December, we plan to spend 3 days in Cordoba as we heard it is a colonial city, and enjoy historical areas.
I was hoping to find some nice older hotels with some charm or personality, but online all the hotels I've found look like big modern glass boxes. Are there any nice lodgings in or near Cordoba that are unique? Also - we thought me might find some points of interest in smaller towns outside Cordoba ...are there some day trips or small towns in the vicinity we should visit?
Elaine

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Cordoba and surrounding area

by softbomb Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 8:48 PM

Estancia la Paz in Ascochinga 45 minutes away in the beautiful sierras is one of the nicest Estancias in Argentina. Was built for an Argentine president and housed Jackie Onassis in 1966 when she wanted ti escaoe the media. Absolutely stunning. Also visit the towns of La Cumbre and Nono. Cordoba is a nice University town, but it are the hills surrounding it that are magical.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

RE: Cordoba and surrounding area

by sabrina_florida Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Cordoba is indeed a beautiful place, full of hills and streams. But I wouldn't describe it as a colonial place, really. As a matter of fact there aren't so many colonial places to visit in Argentina, as the government distroyed loads of them as soon as we became independent from Spain. I was in Salta (a province in the north west) some months ago and was happily surprised to see loads of colonial arquitecture in its capital, and all the buildings were very well preserved.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines