Córdoba Travel Answers

change location
MissR6's Profile Photo

South American Inland flights

by MissR6 Online Now Dec 28, 2005 at 2:32 AM

Hey Folks,

I will be traveling to South America next year for about 12 months. I would need flights from Lima/Peru to Cordoba/Argentina in July, from Cordoba to Santiago (or another Chilenian destination, depends on where I get my internship at) in November 2006 and another ticket from this Chilenian destiation to Rio de Janeiro in February 2007. I know that travel agencies don't have fares for 2007 by now.

Would you recommend booking all those inland flights while I'm already in South America? Would you recommend using a multiple-city-ticket or to by one-way-tickets instead? Can you recommend a good but cheap airline that serves the destinations I want to fly to?

Thanks so much for your help!

Best regards,
Michelle

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mle267's Profile Photo

RE: South American Inland flights

by mle267 Online Now Dec 29, 2005 at 8:54 AM

I would definately book your flights while you are there, since it is often more expensive to book them from abroad. I am jealous of your trip-sounds fantastic!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • monblack99's Profile Photo

by monblack99 Online Now Dec 29, 2005 at 11:15 AM

check out http://www.taca.com

Im hopefully going to be doing an extended trip through South America next year as well and have posed the same question. To me it seems a bit more sensible to buy one-way tickets when you're there, so that you're not tied down to being in a particular city on a particular day. Plus, we all know its not terribly difficult to find cheap-ish tickets when you're actually in the country. TACA is good for flying all around Central/South America, at least its a start!

• karaloy's Profile Photo

by karaloy Online Now Apr 15, 2006 at 8:54 AM

i agree, do your booking once there, often in argentina the prices are half for people booking internally than they are if you are trying from outside the country. aerolineas argentina and their partner austral are the local airlines, but they do have some stikes now and again, yet another reason to book later rather than sooner, Lanchile is operating in several south american countries and between them and are likely more reliable but a bit more expensive.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines