Corcovado National Park Travel Answers

change location

Corcovado by yourself

by auskatc Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Hi,

I am really wanting to do some hiking in Corcovado - ideally, from Carate out to the Sirena station to stay for 1 or 2 nights.

The problem is that I am likely to be travelling on my own. Does anyone know a good way of joining other people to do this, or if there are tours you can join?

I won't have a lot of time and will be there during high season, so I wasn't sure if just hanging around Puerto Jiminez hoping to meet people would work - I've heard you have to book permits well in advance.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Traveller28's Profile Photo

Re: Corcovado by yourself

by Traveller28 Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Hi,
    There are many tours offered around the area. You can book a tour with the tour operators in Puerto Jimenez. I would say you can hang around Puerto Jimenez and you will definitely will find someone that helps you.
    I am not sure aobut the permits, but I suggest you to check Lonely Planet forums, there are usually lots of topics related to Corcovado, you can check the answers and see if it helps.
    Hope this helps!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Abooswa's Profile Photo

Re: Corcovado by yourself

by Abooswa Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 3:12 PM

When I traveled down there my travel agent took care of things. You do need a guide and there are permits to hike in the park. You can also just book something with any hotel down there, just ask them to send you a list of activities available. I live here now as of recently, but the travel agent I used the most and for years was crreferrals.com I also used Swiss Travel and they were also good.

It is a different world down in Corcovado compared to the rest of the country. Some serious jungle.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Corcovado National Park