Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4. Re: Changing Planes at ZRH -

by Kiwi57 Online Now Sep 27, 2015 at 11:37 PM

HI I am flying from Copenhagen to Las Vegas ..first stop Zurich change flights.then on to Las Vegas .Do I go through Copenhagen or Zurich All flights are with Swiss Air..? not sure how this works as upon leaving as its a domestic flight and then an international flight Thanks for anyone help

• Best option for public transportation

by spookgog Online Now Sep 18, 2015 at 1:39 AM

I am staying in Copenhagen for 5 days. I have to travel every day from zone 1 to zone 4 and back. What would be my best option regarding the tickets? I do not know how much time I will have for sightseeing. Should I buy single trip tickets, a Flexcard, or Rejsekort Anonymt? (or anything else that I am not aware of)

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 4:12 AM

I´ve heard sai you shouldn´t take photos in some street in Christiania. Is that still so? Is the place worth visiting anyway? And can I take photos elsewhere at area? Or is it only one street mostly?

18 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 2:27 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Place to leave the luggage at downtown?

by Turska Online Now Nov 18, 2014 at 3:29 AM

We are arriving to Copenhagen at friday. Our flight back home comes at night at sunday, and person whose apartment we have rented at airbnb said we can keep the bags at there whole day. But the apartment is at Nörrebro and I just thought if there would be a place to leave the bags cheap at central. so we wouldn´t need to go back to get our bags.

6 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

E 47 Germany-Denmark or alternative route via Odense?

by MacedonianUK Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I am driving to Copenhagen so I was looking at the maps what to expect..
      Google maps give me to options one is E47 ( shorter) but there is ferry ride involved
      and the other is via Odense, on the motorway but longer
      Now I have been looking about the ferries on E47 but I can't find where I buy ticket and how much it is ( maybe I am looking wrong?)
      Please San somebody shed light on this?
      Thank you

4 Answers Nov 15, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Cheap-ish or free parking in the city

by MacedonianUK Online Now Nov 14, 2014 at 5:32 AM

I am going to CPH ah in about two weeks for long weekend.
      I decide to drive, so I need place to stay where is cheap or free parking nearby.
      I have been looking for hotels and despite €160+ per night their parking is still expensive ( discounted is €27) for a day, which I think is really rip off.
      Than I looked at hostels and the night in a 8 bed dorm is €42 with parking of €32 a day. Seems that CHP is very expensive one way or the other.
      Any idea of reasonable accommodation with reasonable parking prices?
      I don't mind if its not the centar, as long as its on a good bus/tram route to the city I am Ok.
      Any ideas?
      Thank you

18 Answers May 14, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Follow-up to previous VT'ers input we are looking for a good quiet hotel near the Central station

by charlesracine Online Now Oct 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Following previous VT'ers input we are looking for a good hotel close to the Central station, restaurants and pubs though, quiet and quiet rooms with NO room to room noise. It should be a minimum 3 Star. We had booked the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, 4 star and good price (500 DK less per night compared to BW Hotel Bebron) but it wasn't central. We see two Best Westerns; Hotel Hebron, Helgolandsgade 4 & Mercur Hotel, Vester Farimagsgade 17. Any comments on either of these two?
      We stayed by the Central Station many years and the location was fine though, the hotel was noisy. We could hear the train noise below us (thru the hotel structure, not from the outside) and we were on the 4th floor. We want to avoid that hotel but, I don't recall the hotel name.. Thanks to all previous VT'ers comments and thanks in advance to all new comments.

1 Answer Oct 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    • Things to do in Feburary

by Carldavidson01 Online Now Oct 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM

(Apologies if I've already sent this - It hasn't showed up on the forum so I'm not sure if it has posted)

I'm visiting Copenhagen in February. Flights were cheap.

After looking around I've realised that it is the down season.

Is there anything good to do in February?

10 Answers Jan 29, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • ElenaKKKK's Profile Photo

Orange tickets

by ElenaKKKK Online Now Oct 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hi, guys! As I can see, on the site of DSB, orange tickets are twice less expensive than standard ones, but on the day we need, some of trains had been sold out (for the end of November). Does it worth to buy tickets on-line now, so far in advance? And is it too expensive to buy tickets at cashier's desk on station before departure? (I'd prefer pre-reserved seats).
      Thank you in advance, Lena

4 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • nicjames's Profile Photo

Parking in Copenhagen centre

by nicjames Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM

We are hiring a car in Copenhagen and are staying close to central station. What is the parking situation like? Is there free parking?

4 Answers Sep 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

In Copenhagen where should one stay to be able to walk to see the area and be in a good loaction?

by charlesracine Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM

In Copenhagen where should one stay to be able to walk to see the area and be in a good location? We like to walk and want to be close to good transportation, restaurants/bars and the flavor of the city. We would take a city tour also. We were there years ago and stayed near the central train station and that was fine.

I may also rent a car to visit Horsens and Stouby, Vejlefjord to visit where my Ronsholt ancestors were from. We will be departing for a cruise after our stay.

5 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • leightonclifton's Profile Photo

I like bridges, a lot

by leightonclifton Online Now Sep 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am coming to copenhagen later this year and would like to travel on the bridge to malmo and back.

is there a bus from the centre of copenhagen to malmo, what would the costs be and how would i book it

4 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Nørrebro area?

by Turska Online Now Sep 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I red something about Nørrebro being in bad reputation. Is that info true? Or is it old info? I cheked locations of some micro breweries at Copenhagen, and two good ones (if you belive the Finnish beer pages) are at Nørrebro, so it could be good place to find a place so sleep for us who love to visit that kind of places before going to sleep.
      Also the apartments at this area were little cheaper (at airbnb) than close to Tivoli area.

5 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Christmas markets

by Turska Online Now Sep 11, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I can´t seem to find the dates of christmas markets. Everywhere i see, they say Tivoli market starts in "middle of November". What would be the day? And if they are allready open at 22th november, are there any others open?

4 Answers Sep 11, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • Copenhagen to Lund, Sweden

by a.winfred Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Hello, I looked at several questions that others have asked about traveling to Sweden but I'm clueless about traveling so, for a bit more confident....what's the least costly way getting to lund? Thanks any help would be much appreciated

7 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 2:41 AM
    • malashen's Profile Photo

A few hours in Copenhagen, need some advise

by malashen Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Good day, I will be for a few hours in Copenhagen on a Baltic cruise. Our big ship will be docked at the new port terminal. I would like to go to Nyhavn, as I heard this is a quite colourful place in the Danish capital. Could you place advise me on how to get there from the harbour using public transportation? One more question: what are some interesting places nearby Nyhavn? Can I visit Amalienborg or Rosenborg? Where would you suggest to go: Amalienborg or Rosenborg, considering I am short of time?

4 Answers Aug 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • curiousity28's Profile Photo

Biking rules

by curiousity28 Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hi all - I'll be living in Copenhagen for a year, so I rented a bike and even though I have read many entries on biking rules, I still feel uncertain about some rules.

-Do you have to signal to stop when you are approaching a red light and would be stopping anyway?
      -If you are continuing straight, do you stay in the right turn lane or move to the left lane?
      -Must you always walk your bike across an intersection or only if you are going through a white striped crosswalk?

Thanks so much!

5 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • Pomerol's Profile Photo

by Pomerol Online Now Aug 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I will be in Copenhagen on Monday. I will be staying close to the main railway station (Scandic Weber). Any restaurant recommendation for a solo traveller in the 50-60$ range? I will be wandering around most of the afternoon so any recommendations for must sees are welcome.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • alstjohn's Profile Photo

airport to hotel

by alstjohn Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM

This is my first time in Copenhagen and i am arriving at the airport on a weekend at 11 pm. I am staying at the
      wakeup copenhagen borgergade. Should i just take a cab or metro?
      Thanks you.

3 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Arriving at 6.30am on train from Oslo on 11/08/2014

by krimbow Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Need somewhere to stay for a few hours until I fly home in the evening. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay for a few hours. Cheers

3 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • tivoli gardens/amusement park

by dennisleech Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM

what is the use entry cost?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • azadreddy's Profile Photo

2 days in Copenhagen

by azadreddy Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Hi all,I am travelling from Hamburg to Copenhagen for 2 days,can anybody explain what we can do in 2 days,and what we must visit in Copenhagen or in Denmark??????????

7 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • DFDS Ferry port

by mitchpagan Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 7:05 AM

My son and I will be arriving Copenhagen on the DFDS Cruise ship on August 12th. Would like to know where the ship will dock in Copenhagen and how to get to Sigerstedgade 9, Vesterbro, Copenhagen from the pier. Thank you for your replies.

7 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    • Transportation from airport

by Claire0710 Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Hi, we will be arriving in Copenhagen at night (around 4 am). We will have an infant in pram plus 2 or 3 suitcases. We have to go to Adina Apartment Hotels (Address: Amerika Plads 7 DK-2100). What would be the best way to travel please?

Another question: we will be taking a cruise and when we're back we will have a full day in Copenhagen cos our flight back home is late at night. We will have luggage with us of course since no hotel stay for that day. Any suggestions pls? Will hiring a taxi for the day be too expensive? Or should we store luggage somewhere?

Thanks in advance

6 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • return to copenhagen

by marty2594 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM

would you ever visit copenhagen a second time? is it worth a second visit? why?

6 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • The bridge

by Fabrique Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Does the train go underground . ?and if so for how long.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • Copenhagen to Bergen

by jokroberts Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I am looking at going to Copenhagen from the UK in early October then on to Bergen Norway by ferry then drive to Oslo and Stockholm and then back to Copenhagen , is this is feasible to do in 7 to 8 days , any suggestions would be welcome.
      Karen Australia

4 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

From oslo to Copenhagen

by heidstar Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am in no rush...would love to take the train from Oslo to Copenhagen ..
      Travelling with my mum....rail Europe website, says have to transfer x2
      Is this difficult?

4 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
    • ElenaKKKK's Profile Photo

Hotel: Vesterbro or Andersens boulevard?

by ElenaKKKK Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hi) I have booked Tiffany hotel for my late November trip, I like it: untypical for CPH spacious rooms (for the hotels of the same price), but normally I avoid hotels near train stations, as usually it's not safe area especially for single female traveller. As I have read in reviews, the area around the hotel is red light district with night life: prostitutes, drug dealers etc, despite they say, police visit it often, as soon as many hotels are situated here too. Another point - in reviews of 2014 guests write about huge construction works around the hotel, so it make a way to the hotel more complicated and enviroment very loud. I have only one suitable alternative - Alexandra hotel on Andersens boulevard, it has twin rooms (I'll share the room with my collegue, so I need twin which is rare offer in CPH hotels). But rooms are very small and I need seriuos reasons to take it. Could you advise me with real situation in Vesterbro? Is the construction a problem and how it safe for two women in late evenings? Thank you in advance, Lena

10 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Sightseeing City Bus Tours

by vvp13_80 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I plan to take a cruise which starts in Copenhagen at 4:00 p.m. and my flight arrives at 10:30 a.m. I was wondering if it would be possible to take a Sightseeing City Bus Tour from Kastrup Airport to see some of the Copenhagen's attractions and the city. If yes:

1) What is the duration of these tours and at what times does the Sightseeing City Bus Tour departs?
      2) How much would it cost to take a 2 or 3 hour tour?
      3) Can the Sightseeing City Bus drop me off at the Cruise Terminal?

Thank you for your help!

7 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    • Oceankaj pier 330-334

by angirwin Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I would like to find out the distance from Oceankaj pier 330-334 to Langelinie pier.

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Shopping in Copenhagen

by sprdak11 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Hello. I wonder what stores in Copenhagen can you recommend me, if I want to buy modern clothes but to the moderate prices? Greetings. Magda

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM