Copenhagen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Open Air Market

by losham Online Now Apr 7, 2015 at 8:45 AM

We will be in Copenhagen May 1-3 and would like to see the Frilandsmuseet (Open-Air Museum).
      What is the best way to get there with public transportation (bus or train)?
      We're staying at the Imperial hotel near the station.
      Thanks for any help given.
      Losham

more
    • Airport to City

by losham Online Now Apr 26, 2015 at 7:42 AM

I will be arriving Friday and want to know which of the Train or Metro or Bus is the best way to go from the airport to the central station. I am staying at the Imperial Hotel and want the shortest walk (with luggage) from the station to the hotel. Thanks for any suggestions.
      Losham

more
    • How much money to take?

by bumblebee1188 Online Now Apr 30, 2015 at 5:08 AM

I'm going for 3.5 days and will have accommodation already paid for, as well as my copenhagen card which will cover my public transport and most of the things I do. I've heard that eating and drinking is very expensive over there, if I tried to stick to supermarkets and little shops and only ate out once or twice (lunches probably) and stopped for coffee and pastry once or twice, how much would that cost me? Are there any other expenses you are aware of? Perhaps things you highly recommend but are not covered by the card or hidden extra costs with some things?

TIA!

more
    • curiousity28's Profile Photo

Biking rules

by curiousity28 Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hi all - I'll be living in Copenhagen for a year, so I rented a bike and even though I have read many entries on biking rules, I still feel uncertain about some rules.

-Do you have to signal to stop when you are approaching a red light and would be stopping anyway?
      -If you are continuing straight, do you stay in the right turn lane or move to the left lane?
      -Must you always walk your bike across an intersection or only if you are going through a white striped crosswalk?

Thanks so much!

5 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • Pomerol's Profile Photo

Restaurant

by Pomerol Online Now Aug 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I will be in Copenhagen on Monday. I will be staying close to the main railway station (Scandic Weber). Any restaurant recommendation for a solo traveller in the 50-60$ range? I will be wandering around most of the afternoon so any recommendations for must sees are welcome.
      Thanks.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • alstjohn's Profile Photo

airport to hotel

by alstjohn Online Now Aug 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM

This is my first time in Copenhagen and i am arriving at the airport on a weekend at 11 pm. I am staying at the
      wakeup copenhagen borgergade. Should i just take a cab or metro?
      Thanks you.

3 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Arriving at 6.30am on train from Oslo on 11/08/2014

by krimbow Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Need somewhere to stay for a few hours until I fly home in the evening. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay for a few hours. Cheers

3 Answers Aug 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • tivoli gardens/amusement park

by dennisleech Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM

what is the use entry cost?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • azadreddy's Profile Photo

2 days in Copenhagen

by azadreddy Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Hi all,I am travelling from Hamburg to Copenhagen for 2 days,can anybody explain what we can do in 2 days,and what we must visit in Copenhagen or in Denmark??????????

7 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 12:15 AM
    • DFDS Ferry port

by mitchpagan Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 7:05 AM

My son and I will be arriving Copenhagen on the DFDS Cruise ship on August 12th. Would like to know where the ship will dock in Copenhagen and how to get to Sigerstedgade 9, Vesterbro, Copenhagen from the pier. Thank you for your replies.

7 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    • Transportation from airport

by Claire0710 Online Now Jul 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Hi, we will be arriving in Copenhagen at night (around 4 am). We will have an infant in pram plus 2 or 3 suitcases. We have to go to Adina Apartment Hotels (Address: Amerika Plads 7 DK-2100). What would be the best way to travel please?

Another question: we will be taking a cruise and when we're back we will have a full day in Copenhagen cos our flight back home is late at night. We will have luggage with us of course since no hotel stay for that day. Any suggestions pls? Will hiring a taxi for the day be too expensive? Or should we store luggage somewhere?

Thanks in advance
      Claire

6 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • return to copenhagen

by marty2594 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM

would you ever visit copenhagen a second time? is it worth a second visit? why?

6 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • The bridge

by Fabrique Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Does the train go underground . ?and if so for how long.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • Copenhagen to Bergen

by jokroberts Online Now Jul 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I am looking at going to Copenhagen from the UK in early October then on to Bergen Norway by ferry then drive to Oslo and Stockholm and then back to Copenhagen , is this is feasible to do in 7 to 8 days , any suggestions would be welcome.
      Thanks
      Karen Australia

4 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

From oslo to Copenhagen

by heidstar Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am in no rush...would love to take the train from Oslo to Copenhagen ..
      Travelling with my mum....rail Europe website, says have to transfer x2
      Is this difficult?

4 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
    • ElenaKKKK's Profile Photo

Hotel: Vesterbro or Andersens boulevard?

by ElenaKKKK Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hi) I have booked Tiffany hotel for my late November trip, I like it: untypical for CPH spacious rooms (for the hotels of the same price), but normally I avoid hotels near train stations, as usually it's not safe area especially for single female traveller. As I have read in reviews, the area around the hotel is red light district with night life: prostitutes, drug dealers etc, despite they say, police visit it often, as soon as many hotels are situated here too. Another point - in reviews of 2014 guests write about huge construction works around the hotel, so it make a way to the hotel more complicated and enviroment very loud. I have only one suitable alternative - Alexandra hotel on Andersens boulevard, it has twin rooms (I'll share the room with my collegue, so I need twin which is rare offer in CPH hotels). But rooms are very small and I need seriuos reasons to take it. Could you advise me with real situation in Vesterbro? Is the construction a problem and how it safe for two women in late evenings? Thank you in advance, Lena

10 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
    • Sightseeing City Bus Tours

by vvp13_80 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I plan to take a cruise which starts in Copenhagen at 4:00 p.m. and my flight arrives at 10:30 a.m. I was wondering if it would be possible to take a Sightseeing City Bus Tour from Kastrup Airport to see some of the Copenhagen's attractions and the city. If yes:

1) What is the duration of these tours and at what times does the Sightseeing City Bus Tour departs?
      2) How much would it cost to take a 2 or 3 hour tour?
      3) Can the Sightseeing City Bus drop me off at the Cruise Terminal?

Thank you for your help!

7 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    • Oceankaj pier 330-334

by angirwin Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I would like to find out the distance from Oceankaj pier 330-334 to Langelinie pier.

1 Answer Jun 24, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Shopping in Copenhagen

by sprdak11 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Hello. I wonder what stores in Copenhagen can you recommend me, if I want to buy modern clothes but to the moderate prices? Greetings. Magda

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM
    • Oceankaj Pier #330-334

by angirwin Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Are there any tourist sites near this pier or within easy walking distance ?

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 2:26 AM
    • Copenhagen

by mattiedog Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM

We have 3 days. What are the top sites to see and places to eat?

3 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 5:11 AM
    • Clubs in Copenhagen

by torinoboy Online Now May 27, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Any good clubs for dance in copenhagen on saturday or sunday evening? We look for a target 18-30 years old.
      Thanks

1 Answer May 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • help touring question

by lklucky Online Now May 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Hi we have a party of 4 arriving at 9;45am on 7/3 and our cruise ship leaves at 5 pm but we need to be on board by 3 we will have our luggage with us is there enough time to take a quick tour and what would you suggest thanks much Leo

4 Answers May 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • transportation

by fourtocruise Online Now May 16, 2014 at 10:22 PM

In Copenhagen, we (family of 4) are staying at the Omena hotel near the Central station. How do we get from there to the Oceankaj pier and how do we get back? There is no reception desk at hotel, so how do I contact or find the transport that day?

8 Answers May 17, 2014 at 11:31 PM
    • Copenhagen airport to town

by Rollynda Online Now May 2, 2014 at 5:48 PM

We are traveling to Copenhagen mid August for the first time. What is the best way to get from the airport to our hotel in the middle of town? Thank you in advance!

7 Answers May 3, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Camping in Copenhagen

by krimbow Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM

How can book the nearest campsite to the centre?

3 Answers May 1, 2014 at 3:08 AM
    • Transportation from Pier C330 in Copenhagen to Airport, how and cost?

by kimsher Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Fear that Pier C330 will not have a way to get to Central Station to get train to airport, does it on a Wednesday, or should we take taxi to central station then train (cost?) or taxi to airport (cost?). Many thanks. Hard to find a straight answer anywhere on Internet.

13 Answers Apr 27, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • PURCHASING 24 HOUR TRANSPORTATION PASS

by BillB96 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 1:28 PM

CAN I PURCHASE A 24 HOUR CITY PASS AT THE OSTERPORT TRAIN STATION USING AN AMERICAN TYPE CREDIT CARD? CAN ONE TAKE A TAXI FROM THE CRUISE PORT TO THE OSTERPORT TRAIN STATION AND WHAT WOULD BE THE PRICE?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Gribskov: Getting There and Where to Go?

by Arbuckle Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I'll be visiting Copenhagen again soon and this time I don't want it to be a boring city break, I want to get out into the countryside properly. I especially want to spend one or two days in Gribskov, but I need to know the answers to a few questions first. Maybe someone can help?

(1) Like most visitors to Copenhagen, I'm very confused by the tickets on public transport. I know that I need to travel by train to Hillerod and then transfer to the Gribskovbanen to get to stations like Mårum and Duemose, but I can't understand which ticket I should buy if I want to travel there and back on the same day from Copenhagen. Could a Copenhagen resident please explain?

(2) Is there a good-quality map available, showing all the tracks and trails through the forest, at a scale of something like 1:50,000?

(3) The forest is owned by the State - but does that mean that walkers can go everywhere?

(4) Where are the best parts of the forest, in terms of thick foresty vegetation? Obviously I'm relying on the railway, so I don't want to stray too far from it, but I'm guessing there are plenty of wilder, bushier parts within reach of the stations.

(5) I've read that in recent years, spruce trees have been being chopped down, to create a woodland more like Gribskov would have been in the past. Personally I like spruce trees, having walked a lot in Norway. Are there still any substantial areas of spruce or is Gribskov now just open woodland, like heathland with a scattering of trees? I've been looking at the forest on Google Earth, but it's hard to tell which type of trees are which. Also I don't know how up-to-date the satellite view is.

If anyone can help me, that'd be great. Thank you.

7 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • things to buy in Copenhagen

by CarmenA10 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM

What can I get in Copenhagen that I can't get anywhere else?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    • unique things to buy in Copenhagen

by CarmenA10 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What to buy in Copenhagen that you can't find anywhere else?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    • copenhagen

by marliella Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We would like to stay in a small but luxury hotel in or near Copenhagen in July 2014
      Can anyone suggest a good place?
      We would prefer to be outside the city if possible
      Thank you

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • margaretmcguffin's Profile Photo

Travelling in Denmark

by margaretmcguffin Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 6:44 PM

What is a good reasonably priced place to stay in Copenhagen, Would appreciate any tips on must-see places and things

9 Answers May 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM