Copenhagen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• PURCHASING 24 HOUR TRANSPORTATION PASS

by BillB96 Online Now Yesterday

CAN I PURCHASE A 24 HOUR CITY PASS AT THE OSTERPORT TRAIN STATION USING AN AMERICAN TYPE CREDIT CARD? CAN ONE TAKE A TAXI FROM THE CRUISE PORT TO THE OSTERPORT TRAIN STATION AND WHAT WOULD BE THE PRICE?

more
    • things to buy in Copenhagen

by CarmenA10 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM

What can I get in Copenhagen that I can't get anywhere else?

more
    • unique things to buy in Copenhagen

by CarmenA10 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:59 AM

What to buy in Copenhagen that you can't find anywhere else?

more
    • copenhagen

by marliella Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We would like to stay in a small but luxury hotel in or near Copenhagen in July 2014
      Can anyone suggest a good place?
      We would prefer to be outside the city if possible
      Thank you

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Gribskov: Getting There and Where to Go?

by Arbuckle Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I'll be visiting Copenhagen again soon and this time I don't want it to be a boring city break, I want to get out into the countryside properly. I especially want to spend one or two days in Gribskov, but I need to know the answers to a few questions first. Maybe someone can help?

(1) Like most visitors to Copenhagen, I'm very confused by the tickets on public transport. I know that I need to travel by train to Hillerod and then transfer to the Gribskovbanen to get to stations like Mårum and Duemose, but I can't understand which ticket I should buy if I want to travel there and back on the same day from Copenhagen. Could a Copenhagen resident please explain?

(2) Is there a good-quality map available, showing all the tracks and trails through the forest, at a scale of something like 1:50,000?

(3) The forest is owned by the State - but does that mean that walkers can go everywhere?

(4) Where are the best parts of the forest, in terms of thick foresty vegetation? Obviously I'm relying on the railway, so I don't want to stray too far from it, but I'm guessing there are plenty of wilder, bushier parts within reach of the stations.

(5) I've read that in recent years, spruce trees have been being chopped down, to create a woodland more like Gribskov would have been in the past. Personally I like spruce trees, having walked a lot in Norway. Are there still any substantial areas of spruce or is Gribskov now just open woodland, like heathland with a scattering of trees? I've been looking at the forest on Google Earth, but it's hard to tell which type of trees are which. Also I don't know how up-to-date the satellite view is.

If anyone can help me, that'd be great. Thank you.

more
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Copenhagen in one day.

by sprdak11 Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Hello. I will be visiting Copenhagen for one day soon. What one should see in such a short time? Which bus should one take from train central station to these places? Greetings and thanks for your help.

5 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Eating In Copenhagen, Restaurant Suggestions

by swdke Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Looking for some information regarding places to eat while in Copenhagen. First, I'd like to try a variety of Smorrebrod sandwiches. Not really looking to spend a lot of money for lunch, more interested in just trying various variety of Smorrebrod. Where can I go for good smorrebrod, a variety of smorrebrod, yet not spend a lot.

Also for dinner, looking for a restaurant in Copenhagen for dinner, to have some classic, typical, Danish food. Again, I do know that restaurants can be expensive, Copenhagen is expensive, but where can I go for typical Danish food, classic Danish food, and not spend a fortune on dinner? Thanks!

Also, may as well ask about breakfast. Any suggestions for breakfast, typical Danish breakfast, yet reasonable prices? Thanks so much for any help and recommendations.

4 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • JesbieR's Profile Photo

High Nightspot

by JesbieR Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hi, i'm going for a trip of a few nights to copenhagen and I'm wondering if there is a big tower or a high mountain where i can enjoy the city scenery in night. (I'm going with the car)

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    • iftishafi's Profile Photo

Regarding Job

by iftishafi Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hi
      I am on Green Card and have just come from uk to Copenhagen. So i can speak English fluently but Danish cant speak, so please advise how i can get job.
      Regards

iftikhar

5 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Some beaches in Copenhagen

by sprdak11 Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Hello. I will be visiting Copenhagen shortly. I would like to spend some time on the beach in this city. Can anyone recommend me a nice beach and which bus one can take from the main railway station to get there? Greetings. Magda

4 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • PetrJ's Profile Photo

housing

by PetrJ Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Hi everyone;]
      I am looking for some sharing accomodation in Cobenhagen, since August I am coming there for an internship architecture for 3 months, till the end of October. I would prefer something in city centre of near, but it is not condition. I am young, sociable and outgoing, looking forward to Cobenhagen:] If you have something to offer or if you are too looking for something to share, please let me know at: xajanacp@stud.fa.vutbr.cz

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    • How much do you think I will spend a week in Copenhagen?

by mattcurley Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Hi all, I am studying abroad in Copenhagen for 4 months and I was just wondering how much I should plan on saving for food and the social scene? Just an estimate of how much a meal would cost to make or how much it would cost to go out and get something to eat.

3 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    • EdwardV's Profile Photo

Dancing night life

by EdwardV Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Hi my dance team will be coming to Copenhagen for the IDO World HipHop-, Electric Boogie- and Break dance Championships from Oct 16-20
      and we would like to know any good places to go out to dance .
      1st our age group is 30+ so please no kiddie clubs.
      Music tastes Hip Hop R&B Soul Reggae Top 40.
      Any help would be appreciated .
      Thank you

1 Answer Aug 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    • currency

by bruface Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM

what currency is used

3 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    • berta.rincon's Profile Photo

copenhagen - skaelskor

by berta.rincon Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM

someone knows how can I arrive from copenghagen to Skaelskor ? (bus or train?)

5 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • Baltic cruises from Copenhagen

by davidoremmartin Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM

What Baltic/St. Petersburg cruises can be booked in Copenhagen?

3 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • JulianLegrand's Profile Photo

Finding Residence for 5 months

by JulianLegrand Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I'm a student that's going to spend about 5 months in Copenhagen. I've done my research and I know I want to stay in either Norrebro, Vesterbro or Frederiksberg areas, but finding accommodation for that time-length is difficult.

Does anyone know of good websites and whether posters on these websites can be trusted to provide good lodgings (i.e. probability of scams)? Or if anyone is from Denmark and knows of people who are renting out until December please contact me!

2 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    • 'Den økologiske pølsevogn'

by aeb Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Does anyone know about organic burgers available at a hot dog stand near the round tower on Kobmagersgade. I can see the stand on street view. Can anyone confirm if the stand is still operating from this location, If it has moved, to where. Many thanks to anyone taking the time to respond.

2 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    • 15301's Profile Photo

Train Station

by 15301 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Can someone tell me Warnemunde Station or Warnemunde Werf, which one is near the pier... ?

3 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • 15301's Profile Photo

Germany

by 15301 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Hi, who can tell me Warnemunde Station, or Warnemunde Werf Station, which one is near the pier..?

5 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    • Fares and Transfers

by aeb Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Help needed. I intend to make a trip on Metro line 1 from Norreport to Kongads Nytorv, then catch a 1a bus to Esplanaden, which will take about 20 minutes, have a look at the kastellet and the gefion fountain and then go to catch the harbour bus down to Nyhavn. Can anyone tell me, if I board the harbour bus within an hour of starting out at Norreport, will I be able to use the same 2 zone ticket to cover this entire journey. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • Distance and Transportation from CPH airport to Princess cruise terminal

by roseyap Online Now May 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM

What are the Transportation options from CPH airport to cruise terminal and from cruise terminal to CPH airport. I am going on a Princess Cruise ship to Scnadinavia/Baltic.
      How far is the airport to cruise terminal and how much is taxi fare?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

What neighborhood to stay in?

by rentedcow Online Now May 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Hello My Friends, I am visiting your city for the first time in 2 weeks and plan on spending 3 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). I plan on renting an apartment and can stay anywhere in the city. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers May 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    • Transport from Kastrup

by mecker49 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My hotel is the Raddison Blu on Amager Boulevard 70 – DK-2300 – Copenhagen. If I take the Metro in from the airport, what and where is the closest metro stop?

5 Answers May 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    • transportation to hotel

by tloewen Online Now May 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

what train to take from airport to the Cabinn city hotel on Mitchellsgade 14?

2 Answers May 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    • suziezed's Profile Photo

Summer Accommodation in Copenhagen

by suziezed Online Now May 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hi - forgive me for asking a question that is not strictly about travel. A classmate is going to be doing an internship at WHO Europe office in Copenhagen and is desperately searching for accommodation for June, July & August. The internship is unpaid and since she is already stretching her finances (she's from Lithuania and studying in Sweden) she is getting anxious. Any suggestions welcome. She is a delightful young woman & I hate to see this opportunity turn into a nightmare for her as she struggles to find a place to stay she can afford. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Susan

5 Answers May 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Copenhagen to Oslo Boat Trip

by rentedcow Online Now May 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Has anyone taken the boat trip from Copenhagen to Oslo? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

4 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    • Black Sheep Guides?

by terramundi Online Now May 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Have you tried these guides? Are they good providing good food advice?

2 Answers May 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Copenhagan from cruise ship

by balramdass Online Now May 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Hi All. We are in Copenhagan from 09.00 until 16.00 so we only have a short time to go places. Could anyone tell me how far is everything , main tourist places from the cruise ship please? Is it walking distance or do we need any certain buses etc. Any cheap bars :-) thanks in advance, Bal

5 Answers May 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    • 15301's Profile Photo

Vacation

by 15301 Online Now May 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Hi, who can tell me is there any locker for storage the luggage at the airport or in the city center at the Central Station ( Train terminal) or any other place to do it ?

13 Answers May 9, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    • Tivoli Gardens

by Romagirly Online Now Apr 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Hi I am in Copenhagen on 4th May 2013 I arrive by Cruise ship and would like to see Tivoli Gardens and maybe Little Mermaid I have to be back on board by 4.30pm.Please could someone advise me of the travel details and costs from the cruise terminal, many thanks in advance .

14 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    • 1gr8chef's Profile Photo

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen

by 1gr8chef Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I will be staying in Copenhagen this summer for a pre-cruise stay and getting ready to book a hotel. I was leaning towards the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, in Copenhagen. I know that it is a little on the expensive side, but since i will only be staying one night i am not concerned. I am just looking for a hotel that is pretty centrally located with good accommodations and friendly staff. Has anyone stayed in this hotel that can give me some insight to this hotel? Thanks.

8 Answers Feb 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    • Guided Tour - The Killing

by Ashtree0 Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 6:08 AM

My husband and I are really looking forward to our first trip to Copenhagen in a few weeks time. We arrive on a Wednesday evening and return on Saturday afternoon. After reading several forums, one of things we would like to fit into our itinerary is a guided tour that relates to the tv series The Killing.

The Visit Copenhagen website links to Peter and Pings website where they say they do a tour each Saturday at 4pm. This won't work for us as we will be on our way to the airport. I have emailed them twice to see if they do this tour on other days when we are there - unfortunately I haven't had a reply.

Can anyone tell me if there are any other guided tours (1-2 hours as we have so much to do) that will fit in with our visit?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

2 Answers Feb 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • Hotel during blues festival - how early should i book?

by travel_chach Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I'm going to Copenhagen at the end of September exactly during the blues festival and traveling from far away. Wondering if hotel prices will start getting higher as the festival gets closer for the time period of September 26th-Oct 1st? Trying to gauge when I should book the hotel as my preference budget wise would have been 3 months before but I'm wondering if that's too late.

Cheers!
      Travel_chach

1 Answer Feb 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    • aquilaqb's Profile Photo

looking for an artist shop in Copenhagen

by aquilaqb Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Hello

I'll be staying close to the harbour, and I am looking for a artist shop downtown within walking distance...

Not the kind of shopo where grand mama would buy her scrapbooking stuff... but rather a real artists shop with oil paint, quality papers and faber-castell pen ;)

thanks for any suggestions...

ps. by the way, any good irish or scottish pub downtown ?

2 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM