Copenhagen Travel Answers

change location
1gr8chef's Profile Photo

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen

by 1gr8chef Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I will be staying in Copenhagen this summer for a pre-cruise stay and getting ready to book a hotel. I was leaning towards the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, in Copenhagen. I know that it is a little on the expensive side, but since i will only be staying one night i am not concerned. I am just looking for a hotel that is pretty centrally located with good accommodations and friendly staff. Has anyone stayed in this hotel that can give me some insight to this hotel? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Radisson Blu has a very good location right across the road from the train station and 2 minutes walk from the main square.
    I have not stayed at the place so i can not talk about the staff unfortunately.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen

by Jetgirly Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

The Scandic Copenhagen (on Vester Sogade) is nearby as well. I stayed there this summer for one night and would say that it's centrally-located with friendly staff. My friend made the reservation and they accommodated her request for a room with a fantastic view of the city (it was probably my first and only night in Copenhagen) and they were really accommodating with our staggered arrivals (the reservation was in her name but they let me into the room because I arrived first). It had a huge breakfast buffet (included) as well. I think the Blu has one as well, but can't comment on it. The Scandic had rates from 1155 DK on the random night I checked, while on the same night the Radisson started at 1305, so if you're watching costs it's a bit cheaper.

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Scandic is aroun d 300 meters from Radisson Blu and has an even better location than Radisson so you should certainly consider that too now that a member says the staff is friendly.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Well if you do not need to be close to the rail there is the Admiral to consider
    "The Flagship of Copenhagen" - Admiral Hotel Tip by wise23girl
    right on the harbour...Close to the sights...very unusual decor...organic food...friendly staff...taxis at your door (to go to your ship)

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Admiral is in the other side of the city cneter but it's also a good location and that hotel has a view over the canal and the opera house and if you are in to dining at the hotel then it has one of the best hotel restaurants in Copenhagen.

by wise23girl Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Well Claus the OP is then going on a cruise so it seems may not have to be close to the rail
    Marg

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM

No there is no need to be close to the train station as such, but the train station is very close to the main square and that area has a very cosy bar scene if they are after a bit of nightlife.

by wise23girl Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Well Claus that sure is a good thing to know for sure.
    Marg

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Copenhagen