Cooperstown Travel Answers

change location
ldreesman's Profile Photo

Hotel accomodations July 27-28, 2008--outside of Cooperstown

by ldreesman Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 9:56 AM

I have been looking online (Priceline and Travelocity) for accomodations for my family (husband and 14 yr. old son) for July 27th-28 and there is little available in Cooperstown, so I'm wondering what would be the next best place? Is Albany a doable drive? I noticed it's 77 miles which is not a long drive in Iowa but in this part of NY is it? If Albany isn't a good choice, what would be?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel accomodations July 27-28, 2008--outside of Cooperstown

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Try Fly Creek, only a few minutes away. Also, the Fieldstone Farm Resort in Richfield Springs is only about 10 miles away. See website: www.fieldstonefarmresort.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM

You may search the Rickfield Springs area and also may want to try this website for many accommodations: www.cooperstown.net

• ldreesman's Profile Photo

by ldreesman Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Hi, travelgourmet,
    Thanks for the tip about cooperstown.net! I was able to find a place for one night, the Lakes & Pines. It sounds great. We were hoping to stay Sunday and Monday evenings but it's the "Hall of Fame weekend" so must book Friday-Sunday. Thanks again for your help!

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Your welcome, Lisa. Cooperstown is crowded most of the summer, but that week you are there is going to be packed with the great and near great of baseball. A lot of excitement for the game as well. The actual induction of one retired baseball player, Goose Gossage, a relief pitcher for 22 years with 9 different major league baseball teams, maybe even your favorite, will take place on Sunday July 27,2008. It's a big day for Cooperstown and baseball. Enjoy your trip to pure Americana.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines