Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Cook Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Family Accomodation in Rarotonga?

Rarotonga Aug 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Hi

we (2 adults, + one boy 8 years old)are planning to go to Rarotonga next year's July for a week of holidays. Is there anything you can recommend?(should not be the top end re pricing...)

Thanks
      Claudia

6 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    • angelsmom13's Profile Photo

A trip to bring back memories.

Cook Islands Jul 17, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Hey all, I want to plan a trip for my Dad.He was stationed in the Cook Islands when he was in the Navy as a young man,now he and my mom are in there in their 70's and are trying to travel as much as they can.My father was diagnosed with the early stages of altzhiemers disease.I was hoping to put together a great trip for them.What is the best time to travel there,the best places to see etc.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Some sites that are navy related would be very cool.Thanks Angelsmom.

3 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    • Taxi

Cook Islands Jun 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM

are there taxis available on Rarotonga? if so are reliable and are they available at all times?

2 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    • Looking for cheap vacation

Cook Islands Mar 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I am looking at a cheap vacation, want to avoid Mexico. Which would be cheaper Costa Rica, Belize or Cook Islands? All opions are greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 22, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    • Budget wise...

Cook Islands Feb 18, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I actually found this lovely place recently.
      One my customer lives at Cooks Island and I started to google the place.
      It's so beautiful.
      If I'm thinking to stay Rarotonga for 4-7 days what would be the average budget?
      How much is the average accomodation rate?
      How much to rent canoes, or small boats?
      How much are the foods?
      Any comments will be great!
      I'm in Vancouver Canada.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2010 at 9:44 PM
    • cheapest method to travel

Cook Islands Feb 17, 2010 at 5:31 AM

Hi,
      looking to visit cook islands without spending all my travel budget..
      i'm seeing flights from UK start at around £3,000.
      any suggestions on how to get there for cheaper?maybe i go via a few weeks in NZ?
      all suggestions welcome.

start point: UK
      destination: Cook Islands

thanks

7 Answers Feb 26, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    • Hiring Motorbikes

Rarotonga Feb 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM

How old do you have to be to apply for a rarotongan license and ride a moterbike while your staying in rarotonga for a holiday?

1 Answer Feb 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    • TravellerSteven's Profile Photo

Restaurant Recommendations

Cook Islands Jan 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Hi Everyone.

Anyone have any restaurant recommendations that are within walking distance from the Royale Takitumu in Titikaveka?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Answer Jan 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    • weekend markets

Cook Islands Dec 14, 2009 at 2:00 PM

This year boxing day is on a saturday will the markets be open?

• visitor

Cook Islands Oct 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM

HI there,

Just a couple of questions just want to know the best place or person to get a tattoo from someone who has a bit of knowledge about meanings and family generations etc...

Also where i can get my teeth done, replace with gold or silver teeth or dentures what ever comes first is it cheap or expensive over here its.

Thanks

2 Answers Oct 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    • adoring's Profile Photo

weather and cost

Cook Islands Sep 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Hi,
      We are an active 50 year old couple thinkng of holiday in Cook Islands in Late January. How is the weather at this time if year. Also, is it expensive to go on tours and daily activities.
      Has anyone stayed at Sunset Resort? Waht is your opinion.

Ta
      Amanda

4 Answers Oct 2, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    • jdfhale's Profile Photo

Is March a good time to visit?

Cook Islands Sep 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

HI all, I am planning my honeymoon and the lure of The Cook's is high!
      We are getting married at the end of Feb and then will head away. Is late Feb, early March a good time to visit. I heard a rumour that it rains a lot at this time of year....?

Many thanks!
      J

7 Answers Sep 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM
    • TravellerSteven's Profile Photo

Groceries in Titikaveka

Rarotonga Aug 13, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Hi all,

I’m going to be staying at the Royale Takitumu in Titikaveka, and was wondering if there were any decent grocercy stores in the area? If not and we had to travel to Avarua, how far away is that? Would it be best to travel there by cab or bus?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide!!!

2 Answers Jan 6, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    • Rumours hotel

Cook Islands Jul 6, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Do you have any ratings or comments about Rumours hotel?

• deecee48

Cook Islands Jun 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

traveling to the cook islands in may 2010. we are thinking of staying with a family or in a village so as to get to know the people. is their a place or village.

2 Answers Jun 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    • Sunny holiday in July?

Rarotonga Jun 20, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Hi, I'm looking at taking my wife on a holiday to a nice sunny tropical island for 5 days as a late honey moon and have had Rarotonga reccomended to me.

I'm wondering what the weather is like in July, warm enough during the days? Sea temperature ok for snokelling and diving etc, enough sunny days to geta tan in NZ winter time?

Any advice/info would be most appreciated.

Mike

7 Answers Jan 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    • money changing

Cook Islands May 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Hi . i am going to cook islands next week and was wondering as a general rule, do you get a better rate from a money changer or just using an ATM. Also are there many ATMs at Rarotonga and do they dispense cook island dollars or New Zealand dollars.
      Thanks

1 Answer May 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    • lebrescu's Profile Photo

Rarotonga to Aitutaki Day Trip

Rarotonga May 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Can anyone suggest the least expensive way to do a day trip from Rarotonga to Aitutaki? I've seen one tour on-line but was wondering if there were other, less expensive ones.
      Thanks,
      Tina

4 Answers Jul 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    • duty free hours of trading

Rarotonga Mar 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Is the duty free shop open to all incoming and out going flight? Our flight gets in about 1.15am and we hope it will be open

1 Answer Mar 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    • Where to stay?

Cook Islands Feb 12, 2009 at 6:32 AM

My finacee and I are planning to got to the Cook Islands for part of our honeymoon and are looking for a budget place to stay. We def want to be beach front in some sort of hut...does anyone have any ideas?

• nikoskaps's Profile Photo

Itinerary questions for low budget trip to south pacific

Cook Islands Jan 10, 2009 at 4:26 AM

hi there!
      reading previous posts i understand that as a generalization the south pasific islands are an expensive destination.
      but do you think that it is possible to find the low budget path somewhere?
      perhaps including the Cook islands or not...
      my main interests are tribes/villages/trekking/nature/beaches!
      if you could suggest anything feasible in terms of cost/accessibility/safety it would be a great help, so i can focus to specific destinations in my ongoing research!
      many thanks
      Nikos

1 Answer Apr 3, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    • Lunalea's Profile Photo

Recommendations for Islands in S. Pacific??? Favorite place?

Cook Islands Dec 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon in June 2009. We would like to start our trip off in the Cook Islands (Raro/Aitutaki) (coming from LAX). Does anyone have a recommendation of another island group outside of the Cooks that is easy to get to (flights from Rarotonga)? We're active and looking for an affordable mixture of beach/forest hiking/culture.

Thank you so much for your help! We've been researching and researching but I thought I'd check to see if any of you have experience traveling to more than one place (country/territory) in S. Pacific.

Meg

1 Answer Dec 10, 2008 at 6:13 PM
    • Rarotonga and Aitutaki

Cook Islands Oct 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM

I am planning a trip to Rarotonga and Aitutaki in May next year, with my husband and son, who is 13 months old now. We are looking at staying at Reihana's or Mii (beach house at Whitesands) in Rarotonga and Amuri Sands in Aitutaki. Has anyone got any feedback on any of these places, or can anyone recommend any other good accomodation for about150 a night. We want to be as close to the beach as possible because we probably won't be hiring a car and the whole idea of going is to relax, swim and snorkel.
      Also, any feedback on Muri beach vs Titiveka, and which are the best areas on Aitutaki?

2 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    • mwat's Profile Photo

Flights to Aitutaki from Rarotonga

Cook Islands Sep 7, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Ive noticed that Air Raroionga web site is showing price to be499 and the flight duration is 9 hrs. Something wrong somewhere I think. Can anyone tell me the price for the day trip We are travelling in Feb March 2009

Many Thanks

4 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    • tupperwarechick's Profile Photo

Rarotonga Wedding

Rarotonga Sep 4, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for information about getting married in Rarotonga. Did you get a package deal? Where would you recommend?? Where would you NOT recommend! Just looking for ideas thanks. :) Any price range is fine. Please also let me know what currency you are quoting in. Cheers!

2 Answers Jan 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    • Some questions from Barcelona (Spain) - Safaty and Acommodation

Cook Islands Jun 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Hello.

We are preparing a trip to New Zealand, and we want to spend 6 or 7 days in Cook Islands, 2 days in Rarotonga and 4-5 days in Aitutaki. We’ll go with 6 and 8 years old kids.
      Sorry if my question is stupid, but Cook Islands are very far from Spain and I don’t have enough information: We have read some blogs about different kinds of “dangerous” animals: stonefish, snakes, water snakes, sea cucumbers, sandflies, etc It’s true? It’s a safe place for small kids?

Another question, in this case about accommodation: We are thinking in staying in “Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa” in Aitutaki and in “Muri Beach Resort” in Rarotonga. Somebody knows? Can you give some opinion?

And finally, can you give some general recommendation about Cook Islands: What to do? What to see? ... with kids

Thank you very much

2 Answers Jan 25, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    • Duty Free Wine!

Rarotonga Apr 26, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Could you please tell me if they sell a selection of duty-free wines for purchase? Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    • Looking for budget accommodation

Rarotonga Jan 3, 2008 at 11:49 PM

We are looking at taking 10 ladies over to rarotonga for a 6 day holiday this july 2008. They are aged between 55 and 80. We are needing suitable accommodation either seperate rooms or twin. If anyone knows of anything that would suit we would love to hear from you. We are working on a budget so would be looking at the cheaper end of the scale rather than the200pp plus each night.

In advance thank you for you help and happy new year

• Future Senior Volunteer Needs Advice Finding Least Expensive Airfare to Rarotonga

Rarotonga Jan 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM

I haven't chosen my volunteer dates yet. The program is for approx. 2 weeks but travel arrangements are our own. Would anyone know when the least expensive times would be to fly from US to Rarotonga? I live in New Jersey and may be able to get a discounted ticket to somewhere on the west coast. Any suggested airline??
      I definitely want to snorkel while I am there so my choice of month would also have to consider nice weather for snorkeling. I've never tried it, am in my mid 60's and I don't think I want to swim if it is too cool. Sadly I haven't even been swimming in over 30 years but hope to change that now through volunteer programs in "specific" areas of the world.
      Happy New Year and thanks for your time!! Ann

2 Answers Jan 5, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    • spending money

Cook Islands Dec 20, 2007 at 4:30 PM

also, i had a friend that went and she said there isn't really anything much to buy there and you don't spend alot of money.
      I was going to take2500 for 2 of us, there for 6 nights, does any1 no if this would be enough?
      i have looked at the activites we want to do and they come to about400.

3 Answers Jun 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM