change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Cook Islands Travel Answer Locations

• We're off to Raro in May

Cook Islands Apr 14, 2014 at 7:18 PM

We are going to Raro in May with our 17month old.
      What touristy things do you recommend to do with her?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • Best side of the island for sandy beaches and weather

Cook Islands Mar 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I am planning to go to the Cook Islands for Christmas and am trying to decide the best side of the island to rent a home. Just like Maui, I know one side is always nicer than the other . Do you have any suggestions. There was one place called seaspray villas but want to make sure the beach is not rocky.

6 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • NickB41's Profile Photo

barefoot in Rarotonga

Cook Islands Feb 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Can i go barefoot 24/7 in Rarotonga?

5 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • Rarotonga in July

Rarotonga Feb 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Need some top touristy things to do in Raro in July, really interested in learning to Scuba Dive, any recommendations?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • Traveling with a Family

Cook Islands Jan 31, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Hi
      We are looking at traveling to the Cook Islands in September 2014. There will be six adults & nine children, the youngest being 8mths, the oldest being 6yrs. We will probably stay for at least 2wks. We would like to do a mixture of sightseeing & relaxing, dining in & eating out. Which would be the best location to base ourselves at?

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • Island Living Gift Shop

Cook Islands Jan 15, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I was wondering if anybody can put me in touch with the Island Living Gift shop. I am wanting to buy a painting that local ladies paint in the shop of metalic fish.

Any contact would be great!
      My email is: calistoe1@gmail.com

Thankyou

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 6:52 PM
    • Travel with a 3 month old baby

Rarotonga Jan 8, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Have been invited to Rarotonga for a friends wedding in July 2014 but at this stage our first baby will only be 3 months old. Is it crazy to be considering doing this? The wedding is at Moana Sands and we are looking at staying there as well.

6 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • leelee28's Profile Photo

Drink prices

Rarotonga Nov 16, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Are drinks at bars very expensive? and also buying alcohol from supermarkets or liquor stores?

3 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • Rarotonga for the day

Rarotonga Oct 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

We are going to Cook Islands next week and have the whole day to spend in Raro before flying over to Airtutaki that evening.......any suggestions on where to go that is of interest...thanks heaps!

5 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Rarotonga in February

Rarotonga Oct 9, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Rarotonga in February? Concern about cyclones?

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • Cyclone Season

Cook Islands Oct 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

We are looking at traveling to Rarotonga in early February. Is that a mistake because of cyclone season? We might have other options (end of March).
      Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • Buying Pampers

Rarotonga Oct 9, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Is it possible to buy pampers for my 22 months old son on the Cooks or do I have to bring it with me ?
      Thank you for your help...

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    • 1 tier wedding cake small

Aitutaki Aug 25, 2013 at 2:28 AM

where can I find a cake shop that can make a wedding cake?

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • Beach Photo shoot on rarotonga

Rarotonga Aug 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Does anyone know any nice locations for a beach photo shoot except for black rock? :)

7 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    • Phone and data plan

Rarotonga Aug 3, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I will be travelling to Rarotonga (and Aitutaki) for three weeks in September - can anyone give me advice please about getting a sim card with combined data and calls (or even just with data). I wont need a huge amount of data - just enough to keep in touch with email and some light web use - maybe a little bit of Skype

My options are to put a sim card in either an iphone 4 or an iphone 5 and use that as a hot spot - or I could put a sim in my ipad just for data

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    • edgewater spa

Rarotonga Jul 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Has anyone been to the spa recently? I heard a few years ago it wasn't worth it.. I would love a massage while im there.

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    • 50th Birthday Celebration

Rarotonga Jun 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Can you please recommend a high standard restaurant which would provide a wonderful setting and food for a special 50th birthday celebration. I have been told about Sails - what are your thoughts? We will be staying at Palm Grove. Many thanks.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    • How much spending money?

Rarotonga Mar 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Hi all
      How much spending money would 2 adults need taking into consideration breakfast is included in room rate. We will have self catering however as I am on holidays do not want to spend time preparing meals etc.
      We would like to eat out for evening meal sometimes more upmarket and other times middle of road taking into consideration we like to have a drink with our meal.
      Thanks in advance for your help

6 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • tuamotu's Profile Photo

Aitutaki hotels

Aitutaki Jan 13, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hello everyone. next july i visit this paradise and i have a question. what is the best area for accommodation?
      i saw paradise cove in the west part of the island and ranginu's retreat near the airport. what is the best location? does someone have suggestion for a good accommodation,please?
      this will be my honeymoon, but i'd want cheap place.

2 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Searching for Advice on Cook Islands

Cook Islands Apr 5, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Hi VTers - My husband and I are doing research for our next vacation and one of the places we are considering are the Cook Islands. From the tips posted here, it looks like there are a few spots in the Cook Islands where you can stay. I was hoping to hear from some VTers who have been there who can recommend the best part of Cook Islands to stay. We're adventure vacationers, so we like to Scuba, snorkel, jet ski, hike, etc. Of course, we want some relaxation too. Thanks for your help!

13 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • wedding venue

Rarotonga Feb 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

hi there, we are looking at having our wedding in raro in march 2013, just wanting any feedback on nice locations for both reception and ceremony. any info and advice would be a great help!

2 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    • How much do massages cost in raro?

Rarotonga Dec 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Heading over to raro in january and just wondering how much i should be expecting to pay for a massage?

2 Answers Dec 30, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    • llauraa's Profile Photo

Best location in Cook?

Cook Islands Aug 3, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Thinking of visiting Cook Islands for a 10 day break a friend and wondering if there are any better locations than others we should consider. Have quite a few packages going that we are looking at but have no idea if they are in good areas or not. Should we stay on Rarotonga or make the trek to other islands. We're interested in scuba diving and a nice resort - not particularly family orientated tho - and near some night life or restaurants, entertainment? Or any combination of these 3 ? Dates are app 19 -30 Sep Any suggestions welcome. I have Trip ADvisor on standby - thanks

5 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    • airport -hotel transfer

Rarotonga Jul 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM

We arrive at 2420 and the hotel will provide a shuttle, for70. Just wondering if there are taxis there at that time of night and if they would charge a lot? We are going to the Edgewater......

3 Answers Jan 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    • Activities in Rarotonga

Rarotonga May 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM

is it possible to hire jet skis on rarotonga [ not Atutaki]

2 Answers Jan 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    • transport

Rarotonga May 1, 2011 at 8:55 PM

how much is it for transport

4 Answers May 10, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    • angelsmom13's Profile Photo

A trip for my Dad.

Cook Islands Dec 19, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I am researching a trip I am planning for my Dad.In his earlier days he was in the navy.He spent time in the Cook Islands.I know he would like to visit there again.Are there any sites that have any U.S.Naval history to them to visit?

Thanks Angelsmom.

3 Answers Dec 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM
    • acebruin's Profile Photo

Vacation in the Cooks for 2 Weeks

Cook Islands Oct 14, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Hi VTers,

We're going to be in the Cooks for 2 weeks in Nov. We're spending 11 nights in Etu Moana in Aitutaki. And 1 night in Rarotonga at Edgewater Resort.

Has anyone had experiences with them? Also what's the best way to get from the airport to Edgewater in Rarotonga? Do they have a shuttle? Our flight back to LA is late Satuday midnight. I wonder what's the best way to spend the day on Saturday. What kind of things can we do in Rarotonga that Friday and Saturday? Hoping to see a little bit of scenery and the villages.

Anything that we should know about when traveling there in November? Anything specific we should be packing?

We want to dive a little in Aitutaki, is it better if we do the lessons before we get there?

Thanks for your help guys!

Alex

5 Answers Oct 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM
    • What to do in Rarotonga for 1/2 a day

Rarotonga Sep 14, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Hi

We will be in Rarotonga for a day or a 1/2 day awaiting our midnight flight back to LA. I am wondering what there is to do that is near the airport... What times are the Island night shows, etc.

3 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    • Family Accomodation in Rarotonga?

Rarotonga Aug 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Hi

we (2 adults, + one boy 8 years old)are planning to go to Rarotonga next year's July for a week of holidays. Is there anything you can recommend?(should not be the top end re pricing...)

Thanks
      Claudia

6 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 8:55 PM