Cook Islands Travel Answers

change location

Looking for cheap vacation

by loveak Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I am looking at a cheap vacation, want to avoid Mexico. Which would be cheaper Costa Rica, Belize or Cook Islands? All opions are greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for cheap vacation

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Been to all three. If the Cook Islands were closer, I would be tempted. Your main cost will be in the flights.

Costa Rica is great, and so is Belize. Perhaps the deciding factor might be that they speak English in Belize. I am patial to Belize, and intend to move there in the near future. Belize has so many many things to see and do from jungles, pyramids to unparalelled beach environment, including the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere, second only to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for cheap vacation

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Been to all three. If the Cook Islands were closer, I would be tempted. Your main cost will be in the flights.

Costa Rica is great, and so is Belize. Perhaps the deciding factor might be that they speak English in Belize. I am patial to Belize, and intend to move there in the near future. Belize has so many many things to see and do from jungles, pyramids to unparalelled beach environment, including the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere, second only to Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

• Re: Looking for cheap vacation

by ashleyj985 Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 8:46 AM

My husband and I went to Belize last year. It is pretty inexpensive. We took a small boat from Belize city and stay at an island, Caye Calker. It's a small island with no cars on it. There were hostels there for10 a night. We stayed at a pretty nice place for30 a night. There's not a whole lot to do there but relax. We went snorkling, and swam with sharks. Really enjoyed the vacation and felt really relaxed after. Definately can do it without spending too much money.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cook Islands Travel Answer Locations