Be the First to Answer

• Where can I go sailing in Albany

Albany Yesterday

Who can take me sailing in Albany?

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

accomodations in Perth, airport or downtown

Perth Dec 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I will be arriving Perth on sunday night May 3 around 1130pm. Can anyone give any idea where to stay close to airport or possibly going downtown this late at night. All answers would be welcome and appreciated.

more
    • Exchanging GBP for AUD

Perth Nov 26, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi guys,
      I am planning on visiting Australia for the first time in Jan next year and I need some advice on where to exchange some sterling for some dollars.

Generally I have been told and actually have experienced that you get a better buying rate of the local currency when buying locally in the country you are visiting.
      Is this still the case for Aus? Currently you get around 1.7 dollars for a pound here in the UK.
      Can anyone give a rough idea of what the exchange rate in Aus is?

Also do the foreign exchange bureaus accept travellers cheques?

I have looked into using a credit card or debit card but there are usage fees and non-sterling fees which i am trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • 7 Day Stay in Perth

Perth Dec 4, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi! I'm a Singaporean girl, 21 years old, going to Perth in January 2015 with two friends. I'm wondering how much I should budget for a week's holiday?

Accommodation is accounted for as I'll be staying with a family friend. We are planning to go to Fremantle, Caversham Wildlife Park, Hillary's Boat Harbour, Watertown Brand Outlet Centre, London Courts, Cottlesloe and Coogee Beach. At least, that's the items on our list now but it's open to change!

I don't plan on doing much shopping apart from token souvenirs here and there, and I'm not too big a spender on food... I've been told by a close friend who lives in Perth that I have to budget around $25 for a meal there, is that true? It's my first time travelling with people who aren't family so I'm a bit lost, sorry!

Please advise! Thank you!:)

more
    • Local guides in Kalbarri?

Kalbarri Dec 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

If I have all the required permits from DPAW and the Museum of WA, are there any local guides who can help me reach the Zuytdorp wreck site from the NW Highway and down the Vermin Proof Fence?
      I can probably do it fine alone, but some local knowledge is always good.
      (I can't go via the Murchison House Station property in January because they're mustering)
      Thanks

more