Constanza Travel Answers

change location
englishman007's Profile Photo

visiting Constanza in June

by englishman007 Online Now May 8, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Hi- I;ll be visiting Constanza in June and wondered what there might be to do there- at night and during the day. I want a little relaxation- but not too much.. some partying wouldn;t be too bad. Not sure what it's got going on , as little is written about it, but from all the reports I hear from other travellers- I really shouldn;t miss going there for a few days.... thanks Mike

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Re: visiting Constanza in June

by marielexoteria Online Now May 9, 2008 at 12:42 AM

I'm starting to hate you (joking!!!!!!)! You're going to enjoy one of the secrets of the country!

Here's a thread of a trip report of someone visiting Constanza: dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/... - it's not that new but it can lead you in the right direction. I went there a loooooooong time ago as a child in a school field trip and I remember the older schoolmates got to go to a strawberry plantation trip in the city. I didn't get to go but that might be something to ask around.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ChaChiTheCat's Profile Photo

by ChaChiTheCat Online Now May 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM

if you're talking about Constanta in Romania, then I can tell you that will be lots of opportunities for you to have fun, especially at night -- the night life on the Romanian seaside is well known. Now, an advice : do not go on the southern resorts ( are very poor and the conditions are miserable ). For nightlife go to Mamaia resort which is north of Constanta, almost attached to the city, or Costinesti ( where most of the young ones are going ). In Constanta you have museums, shopping centers, parks, etc. Better visit these websites : romaniatourism.com/constanta... , http://wikitravel.org/en/Constanta

AND ALWAYS KEEP YOUR WALLET ON YOUR FRONT POCKET !

• englishman007's Profile Photo

by englishman007 Online Now May 16, 2008 at 5:51 PM

tHANK YOU SO MUCH
    I will stay at that hotel- and I will write you back to let you know-

• ChaChiTheCat's Profile Photo

by ChaChiTheCat Online Now Jun 2, 2008 at 7:35 AM

I really look forward for your comments and impressions. One more advice : if you're going on the beach, take with you only the money for beer or snacks -- otherwize you risk to go into the water and find out when you come back that "somebody" ( read gypsies) took your wallet. And no ID's or passport on the beach also !
    Constanta is an old, nice and big city, but no fantastic arhitecture ( like Bucharest or Brasov, etc ). I am a Romanian, and I want you to have a nice vacation over there; and you'll have, as long as you follow some simple rules :
    - watch your wallet
    - don't go in neighborhoods that you don't know with strangers
    - always leave your passport at the hotel safe ( nobody will ever ask you for your ID's unless you get in trouble with the police)
    - you can also drive with your driving licence, but the traffic is a mess. Better take a taxi to move around.
    - if you take a taxi from the street, read or ask first carefully about the price/km -- otherwize they will ripp you off.
    Enjoy your vacation and write me back after !

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Constanza