change location

How to I travel from Paris to Connelles

by rangelo001 Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 8:55 PM

I am planning to fly to DeGaulle Airport and need to get to
40 ter Route d'Amfreville
sous-les-monts, RD 19
Connelles, Eure
France 27430

Can I do this by rail? Will I need to take a cab when I get to Connelles?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: How to I travel from Paris to Connelles

by ATLC Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 11:50 PM

You can do most of this by rail. Take a train to Rouen Rive Droite from Paris St. Lazare.
    If you take the right train it's 1 hour to 1.5 hour trip. Don't take the commuter train because it takes nearly 4 hours.

For train, see French train scheduler:
    voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_Sv...

The station at the airport is called: AEROPORT CDG1 S (95)

After Rouen, I'm not sure. There will be bus services. If you don't get a satisfactory answer here, then go to Rouen and ask at the station. It's only 30 kms to Connelles.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: How to I travel from Paris to Connelles

by Beausoleil Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 9:48 PM

You are staying at Le Moulin de Connelles either the hotel or the associated timeshare. We stayed there a few years ago and it is a wonderful place. However it is very isolated and you really need a car if you plan to spend a week there and do much sightseeing.

At the resort they have row boats on the Seine, tennis courts and a small swimming pool on an island in the Seine but there's not much else to do. They do have an excellent restaurant although we didn't eat there. We ate out on our day trips and I fixed the rest of our meals in our timeshare apartment. We did have an outdoor table directly on the Seine where we could have our evening meal and wave at boaters traveling by on the river.

On the other hand, we used it as a base to visit Giverny, Rouen, a long day trip to Mont St. Michel, Château Gaillard at Les Andelys, Honfleur, Bayeux, Etretat and the Château de Vascoeuil which was a favorite. There is a great little tea room-restaurant on the chateau grounds by a stream. You are also an easy drive to Jumieges Abbey and to Lyons-la-Fôret. We visited those on other trips but both are fascinating. If you want to visit a beautiful French village, Lyons-la-Foret is a perfect choice. They've made movies there it is so beautiful.

It is an absolutely stunning area but difficult to see a lot unless you have a car. If you are in France for 17 days or more, you can lease a Peugeot very reasonably. If you just have the week, you may want to look into rental cars in the area.

There was no apparent public transportation nearby and the village of Connelles is quite a walk. We always drove and we are walkers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines