Conil de la Frontera Travel Answers

change location

casadelaluz.com

by kimreynders Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

We are planning to go to Conil next summer and were looking for a house to rent for a week. Does anyone know Casadelaluz.com? Or does anyone have any experiences with them? Please let me know because I'm really cautious to book a holiday home via the internet (taking into account all the horror stories you hear sometimes). thanks for your reply!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: casadelaluz.com

by gwened Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM

no experience with them, I use
    www.homelidays.com for elsewhere in Europe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Nov 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I have not heard of this agency but I am very familiar with the one gwened has mentioned above.
    Also with holiday rentals.com and holidaylettings.co.uk; ownersdirect.com and many other long established sites.
    The site you mentioned "looks" OK and I note it is linked to the local official tourist organisation. But it gives no real information about itself or how lonf it has been in business.
    You could check with the local tourist association that it is recommended - or stick with a known site.
    By the way, after many years of booking on line with the companies already mentioned (and others) I have no horror stories to relate.

• johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Nov 14, 2011 at 4:06 AM

I have heard of horror stories you mentioned, but we must have rented in Spain about 20 times in the last 8 or so years with no problem at all. A few basic precautions should suffice.

We use mainly ownersdirect.co.uk, here is their link to Conil:

ownersdirect.co.uk/conil-de-...

I see the site you quote is an agency - all very well but that shouts 'extra cost' at me. Ownersdirect and homelidays you deal direct with the owner, end of story. Dont forget bad behaviour by an owner will get them 'struck off' the site, so they are usually on their toes.

I would really suggest you have no need to worry, and you will make by far the best deal by internet. but just take the following precautions:
    1) Send off enquiries to several potential rents, then only deal with those who reply promptly - unless they have a very good genuine reason (Internet connection, away in England etc) and they apologise profusely and with conviction for a delay.
    2) Look for history and references, although only in June we booked a brand new offer - and got a £600 villa for £300 near Marchena. Whenever we want now as it turned out!
    3) Once you have narrowed down your field strike up an e-mail conversation with the owner(s) - you can usually tell what makes them tick and reassure yourself. Ask them everything you need to know, over a few weeks and even after reserving if necessary. Most people are only too pleased to help.
    4) Always ask for confirmation of deposit receipt (bank transfer is normal unless they have an English address for cheques maybe).
    5) Transfer money yourself by internet NOT in your bank - they now charge about 20 quid for a simple transfer.
    6) Some recommend paying final balance (normally about 4-6 weeks before travel) only in cash on arrival. Not sure this is always practical or possible - big risk to the hirer. Paying by transfer is fine we have always found. Some owners prefer cash on arrival though - better for taxes!
    7) Contact the owner in the 7-10 days before travel just to confirm all arrangements etc.

If you are flying to Sevilla or Malaga try Hispacar.com for your car. Carjet.com are also an old favourite, but have recently been dear out of Sevilla when I've looked. Just going with the big rental companies can cost you a large amount of money.

• johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Nov 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM

Incidentally El Palmar, near Conil, is held by some to be the best beach in Spain. Including me.

• gibney's Profile Photo

by gibney Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM

They are a legit company. Run by a German couple that have excellent English.
    They handle about 200 villas & apartments in the Conil area.

You can also contact lavistaconil.com/en/index.ht...
    This is a Scottish couple that have a house in Conil old town and also a number of flats in a custom built block.

If you come in July / August check your accommodation has air con as it can be hotter than hell in mid-day. The heart of the old town can be a bit noisy at night.
    Conil - you´ll love it.

Andy

• ranger49's Profile Photo

by ranger49 Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Andy - Welcome to VT.
    Unfortunately you have replied to a "dead or dormant " thread - the person who asked the question has not logged in to VT since Nov. 10th 2011 - the day after the question was posted
    It is always worth checking dates in a thread you reply to and the Profile of the Poster.
    Hope you enjoy VT and look forward to reading about your own travels as you make your own pages.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Conil de la Frontera