Concelho da Boa Vista

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Winds in January/February

Concelho da Boa Vista Dec 26, 2012 at 11:27 AM

We have booked to go to the Rui Touareg Hotel in Boa Vista at end of January beginning of February. Is it extremely windy at that time of the year. The beach we understand is on the South coast of the island and we understand the wind direction is usually from the north. So is the beach at al protected from the Northerly winds.

• valwyorks's Profile Photo

How Windy is Cape Verde ?

Concelho da Boa Vista Sep 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM

I'm off to the Riu Touareg, Boa Vista, Cape Verde in December. I love to paddle/soak/cool off in the sea but am aware that it will be windy...I'm concerned it will be so windy that it will prevent me from going in to the sea as there's likely to be a red flag up for safety reasons. Has anyone visited the island in a December that can advise me what the conditions are likely to be ?

I'd also like some feedback on the new hotel if any one's been there recently, specifically on hotel/pool noise, pool over-crowding/space, good/bad points to be aware of etc.

Many thanks,

Valwyorks

2 Answers Jun 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    • Snorkelling???

Concelho da Boa Vista Jul 31, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Hi I am considering going to boa vista or one of the other islands at the end of September however my husband and I really like to snorkel and after reading some reviews it appears this is not possible in Cape Verde as the tides are quite strong is this true??
      thanks sue