change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• caionpaion's Profile Photo

Which best areas to stay 30-40 minutes walking to the center

Madrid Dec 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I will stay 6 weeks in Madrid and I am going to look for a self-catering apartment . Ideally I want to stay in an area which is 30-40 minutes walking to the center ( Plaza Mayor), looks nice and is rather secure.
      Thnak you for your suggestions.

more
    • 65 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4 to 4S-- sufficient amount of time?

Madrid Jan 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hi everyone, and a happy new year to you all.

I recently booked a ticket from Toulouse, France to New York, USA, with a connection at Madrid.

I booked the ticket via a travel agency and the operating airline is Iberia (Air Nostrum for the Toulouse Madrid part, Iberia for the Madrid JFK part), however, i'm a little concerned about the transfer time from terminal 4 to 4S- my flight lands in Madrid at 11:25 at terminal 4, then the flight to JFK departs at 12:30, totalling up to one hour and five minutes between touch down and take off, a timeframe within which I have to get from the plane to the departure gate.

I've done my homework and read about the underground 5 minute train, but ideally I'd really like to have an account of someone who's faced the same transfer; is it possible in one hour ? I don't mind sprinting from A to B if that's what it takes, I'd just like to know it this is a /possible/ amount of time, so as to know if I should get a train down instead..

I'd be very grateful for any information anyone can bring to the matter.

Thanks to all who read :)

more
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Accommodations

Madrid Dec 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is Madrid a city where I might have trouble finding a cheapish room for a couple of nights in early July if I just show up? Would you suggest I book well ahead? Given the nature of my trip It's difficult for me to be firm about dates.  For what it's worth, I have never been to Madrid.

more
    • 65 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4 to 4S-- sufficient amount of time?

Madrid Jan 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hi everyone, and a happy new year to you all.

I recently booked a ticket from Toulouse, France to New York, USA, with a connection at Madrid.

I booked the ticket via a travel agency and the operating airline is Iberia (Air Nostrum for the Toulouse Madrid part, Iberia for the Madrid JFK part), however, i'm a little concerned about the transfer time from terminal 4 to 4S- my flight lands in Madrid at 11:25 at terminal 4, then the flight to JFK departs at 12:30, totalling up to one hour and five minutes between touch down and take off, a timeframe within which I have to get from the plane to the departure gate.

I've done my homework and read about the underground 5 minute train, but ideally I'd really like to have an account of someone who's faced the same transfer; is it possible in one hour ? I don't mind sprinting from A to B if that's what it takes, I'd just like to know it this is a /possible/ amount of time, so as to know if I should get a train down instead..

I'd be very grateful for any information anyone can bring to the matter.

Thanks to all who read :)

6 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 4:05 AM
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Accommodations

Madrid Dec 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is Madrid a city where I might have trouble finding a cheapish room for a couple of nights in early July if I just show up? Would you suggest I book well ahead? Given the nature of my trip It's difficult for me to be firm about dates.  For what it's worth, I have never been to Madrid.

8 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    • caionpaion's Profile Photo

Which best areas to stay 30-40 minutes walking to the center

Madrid Dec 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I will stay 6 weeks in Madrid and I am going to look for a self-catering apartment . Ideally I want to stay in an area which is 30-40 minutes walking to the center ( Plaza Mayor), looks nice and is rather secure.
      Thnak you for your suggestions.

2 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

Christmas in Madrid - empty streets and closed restaurants or ...?

Madrid Dec 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I have intentionally planned a stay in Madrid during Christmas time avoiding empty, cold streets and closed all the public services in my country. But I am not sure what I will experience , what I can expect in the capital city of Spain. How about 24th Dec. and 25th Dec in Madrid? Where to eat out ? What to do? Thank you.

10 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 2:41 AM

time of meals

Madrid Dec 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'm strongly get used to have a substantial meal during the day, rather 3-5 p.m. not 6-9 p.m. How about Madrid? Which style is preferred in the capital city, what restaurants offer to tourists? The most terrifying and frustrating way of eating habit for me is only coffee in the morning, light lunch at 12 or 1 p.m. than long time nothing ....and a huge meal, let's say, at at 9 p.m. or later. It would be lovely to dined out in the afternoon. Is it possible? I do not mean tapas or snacks I mean the regular two-course meal.
      By the way, are there any buffet restaurants in Madrid ?
      Thanks

4 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM

how to get to Calle de Toledo 111

Madrid Dec 19, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I'm flying to Madrid on 23rd Dec. Arriving at the airport, terminal 2 , at 3.40 p.m. How can I get from the airport to Calle de Toledo 111, Hotel Ganivet? Metro, train and bus all of them will pick me in some distance from the hotel. I will have a light backpack and I could walk but which will be the easiest way. Thanks.

7 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • Sun/Beach destination for winter?

Madrid Dec 2, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning my winter holidays and looking for a sun and sea destination. I found this articles with dome places and tips. Would like to know if you can help me with cheap accomodations at this places or with other destinations you think are better.

anarquiavip.com/paraisos-par...

Thanks in advance!

Pet

3 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Renfe site for train booking

Madrid Nov 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Is Renfe site not working. Since last two days I see that the site is not available for train booking. That sounds strange to me.

21 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    • 3 days in Madrid

Madrid Nov 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone have a good suggestion on what to do with a 3 days trip to Madrid? I´m not much of a museum guy, but I do love sports, sightseeing and, of course, parties! One of the days I´ll be spending will be a friday, but I immagine it will be cold (it will be in early december)... thanks!

6 Answers Nov 22, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Transfer - Madrid-Barajas Airport

Madrid Nov 17, 2014 at 8:22 AM

How does one transfer between arriving at Terminal T4S and departing from T4? No luggage, just getting from A to B?
      How long, approx. does it take? Many thanks.

2 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    • laporte73's Profile Photo

First Trip to Spain

Madrid Nov 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Our tour will be in spending 3 nights Madrid starting next week (Nov. 17, 2014) staying at the hotel Tryp Atocha, 83. We would appreciate if anyone could recommend local area reasonable restaurants. Generally, what is the price for meals? Do you tip? Any recommended Tapas Bars in this area?

Thank you advance for all who respond.
      Dave

2 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM
    • Travel metro / bus

Madrid Oct 26, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I'm visiting Madrid next week for a week. I'm staying outside Madrid in Villaviciosa de Odon. What is the best travel card to buy ? Am confused with zone A and zone T.i want to be able to go in and out of centre and other areas as well as Villaviciosa de Oden .

2 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM
    • Hotel in Madrid?

Madrid Oct 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Anyone knows a nice hotel in Madrid, breakfast included, less than 125us$ a night, 2 twin beds, near main attractions?

4 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Flight connection in barajas from T4S to T1

Madrid Sep 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I will be taking a flight from Mexico to Spain, I land in Barajas at 6.30am (Iberia flight), then I need to take another flight to Paris at 9.30am. This flight leaves from T1 (easyjet). Will I have enough time to get my luggage, change terminals and check in again? How can I go from T4s to T1? Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Atocha station

Madrid Sep 10, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Hallo again my friends. I need some info about the puerta de Atocha station.
      1.Although I got the plan I can't understand where exactly we get inside from. The fachade or the aside ramps?
      2.By entering do we reach the ground floor or another area?
      3.Does anybody know where exactly are the automatic luggage lockers are placed?
      4.Which sign shall we follow by exiting/entering the station? (Keeping in mind that we have our tickets printed)
      5.What if there is a line at the checking luggage and our train leaves in a while?
      6.Are there any people in charge who move around the station in order to ask where we shall go if lost?
      Any other tip would be mostly appreciated.

16 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Transit rules through Madrid airport on way to the UK for a Colombian national

Madrid Sep 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Hey guys,
      My Colombian partner is in a bit of a situation. We have searched everywhere for more infomation around the transit rules in Spain, but there is nothing out there.

She has a UK Settlement (Spouse) visa based on our relationship, I am not sure if this makes her a UK resident (??) She is flying from Bogota landing in Madrid on Fri 12th September at 5pm. She will stay in Madrid airport for one night then catch a flight to Edinburgh at 11am the following day, Sat 13th Sept. Colombian nationals do not need a transit visa. But will she be ok to transfer between terminals AND stay the night in Madrid for one night?

Will the Spanish immigration let her through to the "land side" without any issues so she can stay with a friend in Madrid for the night? Or will she have to sleep inside the "air side" security cordon?

To re-iterate she is Colombian national, with a UK Settlement visa, and she has onward flight booked to Edinburgh the following day. She does not have a Schengen visa.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

15 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    • ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Booking train tickets online

Madrid Aug 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

If we book tickets online for travel by Renfe within Spain , do I still need to collect my ticket from train station?

7 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Atocha station

Madrid Aug 22, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Hallo my friends. How early has one to be at the Atocha station before the departure time?

27 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    • FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Best Place to Stay in Madrid

Madrid Aug 14, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I am planning a trip to Madrid (likely in early June); my focus is to visit the Museo del Prado. Where is the best place to stay? I like a little luxury, but overall I just want good service and a clean property in a safe neighborhood/region.

5 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM
    • viaje de Caen a Orly

Madrid Aug 8, 2014 at 4:20 AM

Tengo que viajar desde Caen al aeropuerto de Orly en Paris. Tengo que estar en Orly el dia 30 de agosto a las 14 horas.¿ Alguien me puede decir como ir a Orly desde la estación de Saint Lazare, que es donde me deja el tren desde Caen?.

2 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • viaje de Caen a Orly

Madrid Aug 8, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Tengo que viajar desde Caen al aeropuerto de Orly en Paris. Tengo que estar en Orly el dia 30 de agosto a las 14 horas.¿ Alguien me puede decir como ir a Orly desde la estación de Saint Lazare, que es donde me deja el tren desde Caen?.

2 Answers Aug 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • Alex_71's Profile Photo

Real Madrid-Cordoba football match

Madrid Aug 7, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Hi
      i'd like to see the match real madrid vs cordoba, first match of the "liga". Where i can find tickets? I can buy them directly at the Santiago Bernabeu? Who is the best sector to watch the match (thinking at quality/cost of the ticket)?
      Thank you

2 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Tapas and restaurants

Madrid Aug 7, 2014 at 5:39 AM

I'd like to go a "tapear", but i'd like not some touristc place. I prefer a place for locals where you can eat tapas with "pinxos" sitted "alla barra", drinking a "cagna". Can you give me any advice?
      Same questions about restaurants: i'm searching for places not touristic but that are used and known from local persons (maybe not too much expensive too), any suggestions?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Corrida de toros

Madrid Aug 7, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hello to all
      i'd like to go and see the "corrida de toros" during my visit in Madrid in August. Who know where i can buy tickets and how much it costs? I have read the cost depends from the sun, someone can explain me better?
      Tnx in advice

2 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • Madrid - Best clubs!!!

Madrid Jul 26, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Hey guys im going to be coming to madrid in about 2 weeks on a friday and i was wondering what are the best clubs in madrid to go to? I'm 21 and looking for the best parties in town :)

1 Answer Jul 28, 2014 at 12:48 AM
    • taxi cost from mad.

Madrid Jul 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM

taxi from airport to downtown?
      I found 4 star hotel for $80.00 u.s. on hotwire!

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    • what is the best area to book hotel,At Madrid.

Madrid Jul 25, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Near train station? near the Airport? Near sight seeing area? or near shopping area?

4 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Best area for first time visitor

Madrid Jul 24, 2014 at 4:12 PM

What is the best area of Madrid for a first time visitor to stay in? We only have 2 nights before heading to Barcelona.

4 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    • Travelling from hacienda to Madrid

Madrid Jul 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I want to travel from hacienda Murcia to Madrid to see Real Madrid stadium. I need to find the easiest method of transport and cost and then find how I get from Madrid train/bus station to the stadium and find a hotel over nite which is family friendly. Can anyone help? Thank you

• tesoro77's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport

Madrid Jul 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM

1.How much do they charge (average) from airport Barajas to Atocha area by TAXI?
      2. How long is a walk from Atocha to Banco de Espana and Sevilla metro stations? If the same by taxi, how much is the ride? Thank you

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM