Travel Answers
Comunidad de Madrid

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation from Madrid airport to Gran via. Bus vs metro?

Comunidad de Madrid 9 hours ago

We don't mind walking but we're concerned about getting on bus with luggage, is there room? Which mode is more efficient? We're going to hotel on Gran Via, the directions for metro say line 8- line 10 to Alonso Martinez, then jump to line 2? 2 doesn't look correct to me. Is this right? Are there elevators to get from platforms?

more
    • Cost of taxi from airport

Madrid Mar 24, 2015 at 5:46 AM

What does a taxi cost from the airport to Gran Hotel Conde Duque, P.Conde Val. De Suchil 5
      Madrid, Spain?

more
    • Nightlife in Madrid

Madrid Apr 12, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Ill be off to Madrid at the end of June with a friend. First and foremost, we want to party hard and enjoy ourselves. I've got a list of good bars/clubs, but please feel free to drop a suggestion. We want to stay away from tourist bars as we want to meet Spanish guys. Any suggestions on good bars with primarily locals?

Where I live, night life doesnt really start until 10/11 PM. Is it normal over there to visit bars early in the evening, at around 9PM?

more
    • wonglydia's Profile Photo

pocket wifi rental in Spain

Madrid Mar 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Where can I rent a pocket wifi in Madrid and Barcelona?

more
    • transport from airport to hotel

Madrid Mar 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM

What is the best way to get from the airport to the Gran Hotel Conde Duque, P.Conde Val. De Suchil 5
      Madrid, Spain

more

Real Madrid football game tickets

Madrid Mar 21, 2015 at 6:09 PM

We will travel to Madrid in April and hope to watch a Real Madrid football match. I searched the official website and ticketmaster.es but they only have VIP (Euro 200+) tickets left. I just wonder if there is other trust worthy ticket company or website that I can purchase some regular tickets. Thanks a lot!

more
    • Cheapest Travel Solution

Madrid Apr 7, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Hi everyone! I have a question...Can somebody answer this: What is the cheapest solution to travel between Madrid, Spain and Rome, Italy and how long it will take? Thank you.

more
    • Madrid Taxi pick up is their a distance restriction

Madrid Mar 25, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Do taxis in madrid pick you up from the station and drop you of 500m away. Im asking this as my hotel is that close to the station in madrid and I wil have lugguge that will make it difficult to walk to the hotel

more
    • airport transport

Madrid Apr 5, 2015 at 5:34 AM

What is the easiest way to get from the airport to puerto del sol by metro?

more
    • Transportation from Madrid airport to Gran via. Bus vs metro?

Comunidad de Madrid 9 hours ago

We don't mind walking but we're concerned about getting on bus with luggage, is there room? Which mode is more efficient? We're going to hotel on Gran Via, the directions for metro say line 8- line 10 to Alonso Martinez, then jump to line 2? 2 doesn't look correct to me. Is this right? Are there elevators to get from platforms?

1 Answer 8 hours ago
    • Nightlife in Madrid

Madrid Apr 12, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Ill be off to Madrid at the end of June with a friend. First and foremost, we want to party hard and enjoy ourselves. I've got a list of good bars/clubs, but please feel free to drop a suggestion. We want to stay away from tourist bars as we want to meet Spanish guys. Any suggestions on good bars with primarily locals?

Where I live, night life doesnt really start until 10/11 PM. Is it normal over there to visit bars early in the evening, at around 9PM?

2 Answers Apr 13, 2015 at 2:42 AM
    • Cheapest Travel Solution

Madrid Apr 7, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Hi everyone! I have a question...Can somebody answer this: What is the cheapest solution to travel between Madrid, Spain and Rome, Italy and how long it will take? Thank you.

6 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 7:19 AM
    • airport transport

Madrid Apr 5, 2015 at 5:34 AM

What is the easiest way to get from the airport to puerto del sol by metro?

7 Answers Apr 5, 2015 at 12:51 PM

pocket wifi rental in Spain

Madrid Mar 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Where can I rent a pocket wifi in Madrid and Barcelona?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 12:16 PM
    • Madrid Taxi pick up is their a distance restriction

Madrid Mar 25, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Do taxis in madrid pick you up from the station and drop you of 500m away. Im asking this as my hotel is that close to the station in madrid and I wil have lugguge that will make it difficult to walk to the hotel

6 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 9:13 AM
    • Cost of taxi from airport

Madrid Mar 24, 2015 at 5:46 AM

What does a taxi cost from the airport to Gran Hotel Conde Duque, P.Conde Val. De Suchil 5
      Madrid, Spain?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2015 at 5:54 AM
    • transport from airport to hotel

Madrid Mar 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM

What is the best way to get from the airport to the Gran Hotel Conde Duque, P.Conde Val. De Suchil 5
      Madrid, Spain

5 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Real Madrid football game tickets

Madrid Mar 21, 2015 at 6:09 PM

We will travel to Madrid in April and hope to watch a Real Madrid football match. I searched the official website and ticketmaster.es but they only have VIP (Euro 200+) tickets left. I just wonder if there is other trust worthy ticket company or website that I can purchase some regular tickets. Thanks a lot!

5 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 1:53 PM
    • butterpaws10's Profile Photo

5D/4N Itinerary and best neighborhood to stay in?

Madrid Mar 15, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Hi all, I'll be in Madrid for 5 days/ 4 nights last week of March, and I'm looking for suggestions for three things:

1. what is the one must-do day trip- toledo or?
      2. where I should stay? I'm interested in the usual- safe, quiet at night, central to markets and local designer shopping, as well easy access to public transportation. I'm in my 30s and would like to experience a neighborhood that's slightly upscale/ hip, as opposed to a student scene.
      3. I'll be heading to Provence after that. Should I take a train to experience the scenery, and if so which service line should I check out?

Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 22, 2015 at 4:04 AM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Night trains form Lisbon to Madrid, any reviews?

Madrid Mar 15, 2015 at 1:10 AM

I would like to try this night sleeper train from Lisbon to Madrid.
      Had tried the night train in Vietnam and was very clean and comfortable.

I had saw some reviews on the Night train from Barcelona to Granada was bad, complaining dirty and uncomfortable.
      Wonder anyone tried this route before?

Thank you!

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM
    • Madrid attractions and day trips

Madrid Mar 11, 2015 at 7:55 AM

I'm going to Madrid next week. I'll have 5 full days. Do you think I can see everything and enjoy the city in 3 days and the rest 2 days I can go to Toledo and Segovia? I know I wanna go to Toldo for sure.... Is segovia worth it too? I heard there's a beautiful castle which was Disney's inspiration.
      For Toledo is it better to go with a bus and saves money (or maybe I can see view from the ride). Where do I buy tickets, and can I do it on the same day on the spot?
      .In Madrid I want to see all the plazas, 2 museums (Prado and sofia), retro park, the palace, gran via,el restro market on sunday. and maybe temple of debod and cable ride If I have a 4th day in Madrid, maybe I can go to visit Real madrid's Stadium?
      Also... can you recommend me for a good place to see a flamenco show? (but something affordable) I also wanted to go to see a bullfight but I understand the season starts only on march 29...
      Thanks for any help!

6 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    • Are the Shops open on EasterSunday & EasterMonday ?

Madrid Mar 6, 2015 at 1:52 AM

I know that Spain is very "catholic" so my question is:
      are there any shops like fashion-labels and similar shops for ladies open on Easter-Sunday or Monday ?

6 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 5:04 AM

Easter in Madrid

Madrid Mar 5, 2015 at 12:50 AM

We will travel to Madrid during the Easter holiday (April 5, Sunday). Will shop or restaurant close on that day? Any activity that I shouldn't miss on this day? Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 1:34 PM
    • - Vegetarian - No egg, No meat - must try foods

Madrid Mar 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM

Any suggestions for must try vegetarian portuguese cusines and suggestions on the places please. thanks

5 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    • Spanish Vegetarain ( No egg, No meat tapas)

Madrid Mar 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Any suggestions for the vegetarain - No egg, No meat spanish tapas please?

7 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 5:50 AM
    • 2 complete days in Madrid.. Nearby getaways?

Madrid Mar 4, 2015 at 5:57 AM

I have 2 complete days . So, can you please let me know if I have enough time which locations nearby would be the best to go for day trips?

8 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    • Daytrip from Madrid on Easter Sunday

Madrid Feb 27, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Hallo,
      for easter Sunday I would need a nice daytrip from Madrid !
      Anybody has a good idea ?
      We have 4 more days in Madrid and for the sunday we look for a daytrip to a place that is different from Madrid and is worth to go there by public transport, bus or train !

9 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • 4 hours near madrid airport? Adolfo Suárez Madrid - Barajas

Madrid Feb 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Any ideas for spending 4 hours near the airport Adolfo Suárez Madrid - Barajas ? Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 3:07 AM
    • Two days in Madrid...Must visit places

Madrid Feb 24, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Please let me know the best places to go for my two day stay at Madrid? Staying near to centro. I love architecture,culture .. Not much of a person who enjoys museums..

5 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 10:32 AM
    • Budgedted travel from lisbon-madrid; madrid - barcelon

Madrid Feb 22, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Hi,

I have a plan to visit madrid and barcelona from lisbon for two days each. Please let me know :
      1. budget travel from lisbon to madrid
      2. budget travel from madrid to barcelona
      kindly let me know for any other tips and is it better to take travel card in each place for both the days?
      Thanks

14 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 2:54 AM
    • what to see in afternoon

Madrid Feb 17, 2015 at 9:50 PM

hi I will be in hostal luis vxany idea about review of this hotel,
      what I can see in Madrid afternoon as I have conference in the morning,good resturants ,pubs,stay at night,etc...
      thanks

4 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 7:01 AM
    • how to reach ifema congress &airport

Madrid Feb 17, 2015 at 1:51 AM

hi how can I reach ifema &airport by public transport.i will be at this hostal luis:Montera, 47
      Madrid City Centre
      28013 Madrid
      time nedded to reach
      any shared shuttle from airport
      thanks

3 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 5:33 AM
    • ifema congress center

Madrid Feb 16, 2015 at 11:54 PM

hi my son has conference at ifema ,any advise where to stay &easy acceble to ifema by public transport&also reach city center
      thanks

5 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 5:15 AM
    • havanaivan's Profile Photo

Madrid, Spain to Havana, Cuba

Madrid Feb 4, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Is there someone traveling from Madrid to Havana, Cuba in February?

10 Answers Feb 6, 2015 at 5:25 PM
    • 65 minute layover in Madrid, Barajas to transfer from terminal 4 to 4S-- sufficient amount of time?

Madrid Jan 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hi everyone, and a happy new year to you all.

I recently booked a ticket from Toulouse, France to New York, USA, with a connection at Madrid.

I booked the ticket via a travel agency and the operating airline is Iberia (Air Nostrum for the Toulouse Madrid part, Iberia for the Madrid JFK part), however, i'm a little concerned about the transfer time from terminal 4 to 4S- my flight lands in Madrid at 11:25 at terminal 4, then the flight to JFK departs at 12:30, totalling up to one hour and five minutes between touch down and take off, a timeframe within which I have to get from the plane to the departure gate.

I've done my homework and read about the underground 5 minute train, but ideally I'd really like to have an account of someone who's faced the same transfer; is it possible in one hour ? I don't mind sprinting from A to B if that's what it takes, I'd just like to know it this is a /possible/ amount of time, so as to know if I should get a train down instead..

I'd be very grateful for any information anyone can bring to the matter.

Thanks to all who read :)

9 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Accommodations

Madrid Dec 26, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is Madrid a city where I might have trouble finding a cheapish room for a couple of nights in early July if I just show up? Would you suggest I book well ahead? Given the nature of my trip It's difficult for me to be firm about dates.  For what it's worth, I have never been to Madrid.

8 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM
    • caionpaion's Profile Photo

Which best areas to stay 30-40 minutes walking to the center

Madrid Dec 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I will stay 6 weeks in Madrid and I am going to look for a self-catering apartment . Ideally I want to stay in an area which is 30-40 minutes walking to the center ( Plaza Mayor), looks nice and is rather secure.
      Thnak you for your suggestions.

2 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

Christmas in Madrid - empty streets and closed restaurants or ...?

Madrid Dec 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I have intentionally planned a stay in Madrid during Christmas time avoiding empty, cold streets and closed all the public services in my country. But I am not sure what I will experience , what I can expect in the capital city of Spain. How about 24th Dec. and 25th Dec in Madrid? Where to eat out ? What to do? Thank you.

10 Answers Dec 22, 2014 at 2:41 AM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

time of meals

Madrid Dec 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'm strongly get used to have a substantial meal during the day, rather 3-5 p.m. not 6-9 p.m. How about Madrid? Which style is preferred in the capital city, what restaurants offer to tourists? The most terrifying and frustrating way of eating habit for me is only coffee in the morning, light lunch at 12 or 1 p.m. than long time nothing ....and a huge meal, let's say, at at 9 p.m. or later. It would be lovely to dined out in the afternoon. Is it possible? I do not mean tapas or snacks I mean the regular two-course meal.
      By the way, are there any buffet restaurants in Madrid ?
      Thanks

4 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 10:37 AM