Comunidad de Madrid

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• may 1 st in madrid

Madrid Apr 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Any suggestions what to to do in madrid on may 1st 2014? I have seen that all the museums , shops and markets are closed on this day. is everything closed for the entire day?

every answer will be highly aprreciated:-)

more
    • Tips for tourist

Madrid Apr 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM

2008 was the last time I was in Madrid. As of 2014, what are some safety tips you would recommend as I'm coming back with my mom in tow with me this time. I know pick-pocking has always been a problem but do you find more of it now or less of it? Also more police presence or still no change?

more
    • Apartments for rent

Madrid Apr 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM

I need to rent an apartment for six weeks near madrid city affordable and in a safe area

more
    • Airport Transfer

Madrid Mar 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Hi
      What is the cheapest and easiest way to get from Madrid Airport to the centre of Madrid

Thanks

more
    • may 1 st in madrid

Madrid Apr 12, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Any suggestions what to to do in madrid on may 1st 2014? I have seen that all the museums , shops and markets are closed on this day. is everything closed for the entire day?

every answer will be highly aprreciated:-)

1 Answer Apr 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Tips for tourist

Madrid Apr 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM

2008 was the last time I was in Madrid. As of 2014, what are some safety tips you would recommend as I'm coming back with my mom in tow with me this time. I know pick-pocking has always been a problem but do you find more of it now or less of it? Also more police presence or still no change?

2 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • Apartments for rent

Madrid Apr 6, 2014 at 4:18 AM

I need to rent an apartment for six weeks near madrid city affordable and in a safe area

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    • Airport Transfer

Madrid Mar 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Hi
      What is the cheapest and easiest way to get from Madrid Airport to the centre of Madrid

Thanks

7 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • Two nights in Madrid

Madrid Mar 14, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We are flying into Madrid in early May and would like to find a nice place to stay for two nights before heading to Barcelona. Any suggestions for a nice stay close to some sights?

4 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    • valle's Profile Photo

pre paid sim card for mobile phones

Madrid Mar 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM

1. I will in spain for 2 weeks starting Mar 26, 2014. I want to buy a prepaid sim card with internet for 2 weeks and with some local call within Spain.

2. I want to buy a pre paid sim card just for calls & text. I do not need internet.

Please recommend what types of sim card package I should buy. Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Semana Santa in Madrid

Madrid Mar 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Another question... We'll be in Madrid during Semana Santa. Is there anything special we should know: Different business hours, museum closings, special events we should try to see? We may also rent a car for a day or two for an excusion out of town. Any recommendations on any special places to visit during that week?

Thank you!

5 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • Madrid apartment?

Madrid Mar 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM

We'll be in Madrid for a week next month (decided to stay in the city instead of touring the countryside). I'm looking for a 2 bedroom apartment (for two adults plus one teenager). I figured it would be cheaper than renting 2 hotel rooms, and we like the self-catering aspect. I want to be in the centro area, walking distance to the main attractions.

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable apartment rental company? I found a few places on friendlyrentals.com and airbnb that look promising, but I've read mixed reviews about these companies. Has anyone had experience with them? Are there any other apartment rental sites I should check?

Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    • Fidyas's Profile Photo

Stay in Madrid

Madrid Mar 4, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I seek reviews on where to stay in Madrid for 4 days trip, i mean touristic and safety areas.

15 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    • Areas Similar to Seville?

Madrid Mar 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hi,

I am hoping to teach English abroad in Spain and was originally hoping to live in Seville because of the weather, culture, and activities. I recently found out my program won't be placing people in Seville, rather we will have the option of either Madrid or the region of Castille la Mancha. Does anyone know of any towns or areas that are similar to that of Seville?

Thank you!

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 2:21 AM
    • How to transit from T2 to T4s at Madrid airport.

Madrid Feb 16, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Hi there,
      I am holding Thai passport working in qatar traveling from Doh- Mad - Mia- MBJ. The trip will start from Doh. The flight Doh- Mad will operate by Qatar airways and Mad - Mia- MBJ will be American airline.
      i have 2 hours transit in Madrid and I have to go from T2 to T4s. How can I do that?
      Do I need to get out and re check in again for American airline from mad- Mia.
      Do I need a transit visa as Thai passport?
      I hope Montego Bay will be nice and worth for this super long trip.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

Airfares from London, UK

Madrid Feb 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I am finding that airfares to Madrid from London are ridiculously expensive, even on easyJet. Does anyone have any idea which airline flies this route and is affordable? What happened to the concept of 'budget airline?' :-)

11 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • PLEASE HELP Madrid airport transfer between terminal 4S & 2

Madrid Feb 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I really need your advice and help regarding this issue.

ok here is the thing:

I will be flying from GUATEMALA CITY, (central america ) into Madrid arriving Terminal 4S and I need to transfer to terminal 2 for another flight. My final destination is Cairo, Egypt.

I need to claim luggage upon arrival as the flight to Cairo will not be on the same ticket (unrelated airlines).... and this second ticket will make a stop in Rome, .. so basicalli it's:

GUATEMALA-MADRID (FIRST TICKET) with IBERIA

MADRID-ROME-CAIRO (SECOND TICKET) with ALITALIA

the second flight will depart the same day than the day I arrive to madrid... and it departs at 5:45 pm.... according to the first flight .. I arrive to madrid at 13:25 pm which means i only have aprox 4 hrs to transfer to the right terminal and go through inmigration and pick up luggage and check in the second flight.,

I would appreciate anybody with experience on this kind of transfer to advice me or tell me if this is enough time to have everything in order......

please note.: I AM LATIN AMERICAN AND CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT WE (LATINAMERICANS) ARE NOT SO WELCOMED IN EUROPE DUE TO ALL THE ILLEGAL MIGRATION ISSUES AND ALSO CONSIDERNG THE FACT THAT MY DESTINATION IS IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND I TRAVEL ALONE .... I AM AFRAID THE PEOPLE AT THE AIRPORT OR AT MIGRATION WILL SUSPECT OR ANYTHING ...

PS: IT'S THE SECOND TIME I MAKE THIS TRIP TO EGYPT SO I ALREADY HAVE STAMPS ON MY PASSPORT FROM MADRID AND CAIRO...

THE FIRST TIME I ARRIVED TO MADRID I DIDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS... JUST A COP THAT WAS ASKING ME WHY I WAS GOING TO EGYPT ALONE...

PLEASEEEEEE HELP!!! ADIVICE ME

THANKS IN ADVANCE

15 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    • EviP's Profile Photo

travelling time between Madrid Airport and Estacion Puerta de Atocha

Madrid Jan 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM

How much time should I allow to travel from the airport to Estacion Puerta de Atocha, to catch the AVE train to Seville?

thank you

9 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Taxi or other option to Estacion Puerta De Atocha

Madrid Dec 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My flight arrives on December 25 at 1500. I need to pick up my rental car at the train station Atocha upon arrival.
      How much would I expect to pay for the 20 km ride in a taxi?
      Is there a shuttle, perhaps, that goes directly to that station from the airport, keeping in mind that it's Christmas Day, that would be convenient and less expensive?

8 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:50 AM
    • seaborne's Profile Photo

taxi for 4

Madrid Dec 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Are there taxies available that can carry 4 people and their suitcases? Or should we just settle for 2 taxies for 2?

9 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    • planxty's Profile Photo

Travel payment options.

Madrid Nov 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hello folks and sorry if this has been asked before but I have trawled the Madrid pages here on VT as well as the official Madrid transportation website and cannot find an answer.

Does Madrid have such a thing as a daily or weekly travelcard that allows unlimited travel on the Metro and / or the bus the same way London and many other cities have? I have found a 30 day card but that is too long as I will only be there for a few days. If such a thing is available, where can I get one, are they available at Barajas airport? I don't mind paying for individual journeys but a multi trip card would be so much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for your help.

fergy.

6 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Outdoor ice skating in Christmas?

Madrid Nov 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a place to go ice skating in Madrid in December?

4 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Madrid Airport a Toledo en La Navidad

Madrid Nov 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM

What would one expect to pay for a car from Madrid Airport to Toledo at 4PM on Christmas Day?

Public transport looks to not be an option that day so maybe splitting three ways it won't be prohibitive.

8 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    • seaborne's Profile Photo

Hotel in walking distance to bus terminal

Madrid Nov 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Could someone recommend a hotel within walking distance (with rolling suitcase) to Trapsatur's bus terminal on Calle San Bernardo #7?? We will be taking a few tours from there and try to avoid having to take a taxi each time. Thanks for any info!

2 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Zoos in the rain?

Madrid Nov 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Hi, We're visiting Madrid next weekend (23-26th Nov) and we were planning on visiting Madrid Zoo on Sunday + the Teleferico and then Faunia and Retiro Park on Monday (to keep our 16 month old entertained!). Our only worry is what we're going to do if it's raining....or whether it will get too cold to be out all day. We were going to buy the advance online tickets but I think it might be safer to get closer to the date. What are your opinions please? And if the zoos are not a good option...what else could interest an active toddler who wants to run around and is indoors?

Also, I'm not sure what to bring with me to dress him in at night. We don't have central heating here so he wears pyjamas, vests and sleeping bags...but not sure if that is necessary if there is central heating in spain. We're travelling low cost so have limited baggage allowance so want to take as little as possible!

Thanks for any advice!

12 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    • Best rooftop Terrazas

Madrid Nov 5, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Hi, can you tell me, other than Belles Artes, which are the best rooftop terrazas open this time of year in Madrid.
      Thanks!
      Carol

4 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Long Layover Advice

Madrid Nov 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I am looking at a long layover in Madrid. Plane lands at 5 PM on a Monday, next plane departs 10:30 the next morning.

That is 17-1/2 hours.

Usually, I don't care for overnight layovers but I have heard that the culture in Spain includes late nights.

Thus, might we be able to craft an enjoyable evening in Madrid? Having never visited Spain, what might you suggest that we can do at night?

We are 50, like museums, different dining experiences, meeting people.

Perhaps something ideal would include a very walkable neighborhood which might have outdoor entertainment going on, tapas, etc.?

6 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • Accomodation in Madrit.

Madrid Oct 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Hi everyone! I'm going to visit Madrit next month. Can you advise me where I can stay? I'm looking for not so expesive hotel placed near the city center.
      Thanks in advance! ;)

5 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Teleferico/ Parque de Atracciones/Madrid Zoo/Aquarium?

Madrid Oct 25, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Hi. We're going to Madrid end of November from Sat - Tues and looking for things to do that our 16 month old son would also enjoy. All the above mentioned things seem interesting, but unfortunately only open on Saturday and Sunday when we'll be there. We arrive late Saturday afternoon so that only leaves us with Sunday. My question is what would you recommend doing? Is the cable car nice to just go up and down or not worth it? As that opens at 11 and the Park at 12...so we could start with that and then continue. Or should we just go to the Park? Also, is the amusement park too much for a 16 month old? Should we just stick to the Madrid Zoo and/or Aquarium?

One other thing perhaps someone could clarify for me because the websites are all in Spanish! Are the Parque de atracciones, madrid zoo and aquarium 3 separate things..i.e. you need 3 different tickets? Can't understand how they don't have an English version in this day and age!! :-/

Thanks for any help!

9 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    • marialena's Profile Photo

All Saints Day in Spain

Madrid Oct 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM

What is the best festival for All Saints Day in Spain?

8 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    • Spain bus from Segovia to El Escorial?

San Lorenzo de El Escorial Oct 20, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I should have clarified earlier that this was for Spain - is there a bus that run from Segovia to San Lorenzo del Escorial on Fridays in November 2013? Thanks again!

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM
    • Bus from Segovia to El Escorial?

San Lorenzo de El Escorial Oct 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Is there a bus that runs from Segovia to El Escorial? We would be traveling on Friday, 15 November 2013. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Madrid hotel + area good for toddler

Madrid Oct 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Hi. We booked a short trip to Madrid towards end of November. I've been trying to find a good hotel on a budget. Nearly all hotels have mixed reviews on tripadvisor etc. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay that is toddler friendly? We'll have my 16 month old son with us so we're after a good hotel that has suitable cot and lift (to avoid carrying pushchair up and down). Also in a good area...we're not sure whether it makes more sense to stay in the centre to avoid hassles of stairs up and down to metros and buses or its safer and cheaper to stay further out and 'commute' to the city centre. Any advice would be much appreciated! Also any tips for places/things to do that an active toddler would enjoy would be welcomed! Thanks :)

7 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    • where to buy Football tickets

Madrid Oct 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM

where to buy tickets for the football match on January 12, 2014 bet Al Madrid & Barcelona
      We come a long way from Australia
      thank you

3 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM