Como

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• City taxes

Desenzano Mar 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Hello. I would like to know how much the city tax will be per person visiting Desenzano by Lake Garda 7 days from 15. of july this summer.
      Best regards Petter Hotvedt

more
    • Outdoor/adventure shop in Pavia

Pavia Mar 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Does anyone know a good outdoor/adventure store in Pavia? Walking via francigena and need to buy some new lightweight shirts

more
    • 223doghouse's Profile Photo

HOTEL ADVICE

Milano Apr 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Can you tell me which hotel is the closest to the southern entrance to Fiera Milano? I am going to the World Dog Show in 2015 and want the closest hotel to the venue regardless of price.

Thanks!!

more
    • eurokids's Profile Photo

TIrano to Cadenabbia

Cadenabbia di Griante Apr 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM

What is the best mode of transportation from Tirano to Cadenabbia?

more
    • Where to go from Livigno

Livigno Mar 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Hi, I shall be visiting Livigno during June and was wondering where we could go from there to visit different areas for a day trip, we shall be driving so location is not a problem as long that it doesn't exceed the 3 hrs journey.Thanks

more
    • transport availability from turin to brescia

Brescia Apr 7, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I would just like to know if someone could perhaps please help me by providing some information on the transportation services at night from Turin to Brescia. We are going to travel from Adro, Brescia to Turin to watch a show at the Palaolimpico Stadium which ends late at night...so I want to know if there are trains that run during the early hours of the morning after midnight? Thanking you in advance.

Gradirei appena a so se qualcuno potesse aiutarmi forse prego fornendo le certe informazioni sui servizi del trasporto alla notte da Torino a Brescia. Stiamo andando viaggiare da Adro, Brescia a Torino all'orologio un mostro allo stadio di Palaolimpico che si conclude tardi alla notteā€¦ in modo da voglio sapere se ci sono treni che funzionano nelle prime ore della mattina dopo la mezzanotte? Grazie in anticipo.

more
    • Transportation from airport to hotel in city

Milan Apr 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has any used one of the private companies that offer pick up service at the airport with drop off at the hotel? We are looking at city airport taxi, a company that seems to contract with local companies and wondered if anyone had experience with them or can recommend a different company.

more
    • hotel tiffany to milan central syation or bergamo airport - public transportation or cheap transfer

Milan Apr 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hotel address: Viale Leonardo da Vinci, 209, 20090 Trezzano Sul Naviglio Milano, Italy

more
    • Milano centrale to Duomo hotel

Milan Apr 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Directions from station Milan to Duomo

more
    • Melpensa to Piazza del Duomo

Milan Mar 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Is the subway close to the airport and what is the fare to piazza del duomo. What train do I take at the airport & where do I get off.

more
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Direct train from Rome to Malpensa airport Milan

Milan Mar 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Is there a direct train that leaves from Rome and goes directly (no transfer, no stops) to Malpensa airport in Milan?

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

What to do in milan in one or 2 days apart from DUOmo andthe last supper

Milan Apr 9, 2014 at 12:34 AM

this will be the last leg of my Europe tour which will begin in 1 Jun 2014 . I will arrive in Milan from Venice on 2 July . I will be flying off from Zurich on 5 Jul .

My question is , should i just spend 1 night in milan and 2 night in zurich ? or 2 nights in milan

The planned trip will take me from Vienna Paris , barcelona , rome , floence and venice > In Milan , other than the DUOMo , the last supper painting .. are there anything that i shud see or do when i am in Milan ..

thankyou

jack

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

Bergamo Yesterday

Could you suggest a nice budget bed and breakfast or hotel in Bergamo?

Thanks!

more
    • Where to stay?

Varenna Apr 9, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Initially looked at Como. Having second thoughts. We have 4 nights (minus jet lag only 3 days to explore.) We are considering Varenna.
      We would be catching a train from Malpensa directly to Como/Varenna after a long haul from Australia. What are the pros/cons of choosing Varenna?
      A major "thing to do is" the Berlina Express for one day.
      Advice welcomed. Any advice.

Anne

more
    • Hotel near Milan

Milan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

We are planning to spend a day in Milan at the end of our holiday in July.
      We are travelling from Como and would like to stay at a hotel outside the city but with good transport links so that we can easily travel in and out.
      Can you recommend somewhere suitable please?

more
    • MXP to Rail station - Timing? Reservations?

Milan Mar 26, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Is there any advantage / disadvantage to making train reservations?

Our flight from JFK is scheduled to arrive on a Friday before 7:00am. Our plan is to take the Express Train to Centralle station for the 2.5 hour trip to Venice. It would SEEM that the 9:35am departure from Milano would be reasonable goal, no?

If we get to the station early, would we be able to swap our tickets for an earlier departure?
      In the more likely scenario, if our flight is delayed - and we miss the 9:35am departure, are our tickets worthless, or able to be used - without penalty on a later departure?
      TIA

more
    • Are there early morning Taxis in Brunate??

by karendey Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 2:19 AM

We will be staying in Brunate in April. Is the funicolare the only way down? We have to catch a train at 7am in the morning. We will be able to find a cab at 6 am to get us to the train station?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 4:08 AM
    • Bus from Como Train Station to Bellagio

by Rodshat Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Does the bus run on Sundays

4 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM
    • Day trip Bellagio

by Jennifermorcom Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 4:05 AM

I am planning a day trip by boat to Bellagio and once there want to visit Villa Melzi and look around Bellagio also would like to see Villa Balbianello and also Villa Carlotta which means zipping across the lake. Is it possible to go to Lenno first on to Tremezzo and then to Bellagio? Is it possible or even worth trying to fit all of this in one day? The aim is to enjoy the lake and not to rush around just to fit it all in? Any help planning this day trip would be much appreciated : ) Jenny

6 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    • name of the place if provided a photo?

by wonderland199412 Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Hi all, could I know the name of the place if i provide one picture? It is possibly a hotel near Switzerland and Italy border?

1 Answer Jan 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM
    • La Tessitura Concept Store Como Italy

by BellaBern Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Is the store still open - if not where is a great place to go to view silks and buy scarves etc somewhere like the concept store that was great for an excursion - BellaBern

• bhf8656's Profile Photo

como/bellagio day trip from milan

by bhf8656 Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM

plan to make a day trip from milan that will cover both como and bellagio, is it possible? what forms of tansportation do you recommend from milan to como, como to bellagio and finally bellagio back to milan? how much time to spend in como and bellagio, given this being a short day trip? thanks!

6 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    • Korin79380083's Profile Photo

tourist point of view

by Korin79380083 Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM

how expensive is the life in como? and what should we look out for to avoid being cheated?

7 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • Rent a scooter

by Lasmus Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Is there posibility in Como city rent a scooter? I find only some places in Bellagio or Bergamo.

• transportation in Como

by meteoranny Online Now Sep 9, 2013 at 2:31 AM

How do we get from the Como S. Giovanni train station to our hotel? We are staying at the Albergo Ristorante San Giuseppe which 3.5km distance away from como. Are there taxis/bus available? thanks

2 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • Group visit

by ebantucker1 Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I am bringing a group to play rugby in Lecco. We arrive at Malpensa at 8.30am and then have the day free to get to Lecco at about 4.30pm. The bus wil collect us at the airport and drop the group in Como and the group can walk around for a while. From here we catch the ferry to Bellagio and walk around there as well. From Bellagio we go to Varenna where the bus collects the group to go to Lecco. We will be arriving on 16 April 2014.

what are your thoughts about this arrangement? What is the cost of the ferry trip per person? What is there to see in Como town centre of historical importance?

1 Answer Sep 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    • Transfer from train station to hotel

by Lepomis Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM

How do we get from the Como S. Giovanni train station to our hotel? We are staying at the Palace Hotel which is some distance away. Are there taxis available?

3 Answers Sep 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    • maureena's Profile Photo

Bellagio Bus

by maureena Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Am I right in thinking that the Bellagio - Como bus terminates at Stazione FS which is Como S Giovanni?Is there no Como Lago stop. Totally confused with the stations.

5 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    • Getting to Turin Airport

by rosscooley Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 7:34 AM

We need to travel from Bellagio to the Turin airport. What is the best way to get there?

1 Answer Jul 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • Private car to Venice

by BudinFla Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Can anyone suggest a private care service to transport 4 people from our Lake Como hotel to Venice. I do not want to rent a car and luggage on the trains is a real pain. Thanks

4 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • Travel from Milan to Como San Giovanni Station

by Marko1969 Online Now May 15, 2013 at 6:44 AM

I have been told to get the train form Milan to Como San Giovanni Station if I need to get to Varenna.
      My problem is that I need to get to Varenna on a Sunday.
      Do trains travel to Como San Giovanni Station on Sundays, is this the best route and if trains do not run then how do I get to Varenna on a Sunday from Milan.
      Any help would be very much appreciated

5 Answers May 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    • phingy's Profile Photo

Boating at Lake Como

by phingy Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Hi guys,

I'm planning to go boating at Lake Como during the end of October. I'll be taking a train from Lugano to Como S. Giovanni (I presume this is the train station in Como town?) and would preferably want to take a boat ride early in the morning.

Any idea on the accessibility to the lake from Como town and if the accommodation (hostel) is expensive there?

Also, should I take the water taxi to Bellagio or Varenna? Do recommend!

Appreciate any advice! THANK YOU!!

8 Answers Apr 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    • Laterbrunnen to lugano or Como

by Firenze61 Online Now Jul 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

We're trying to get from Lauterbrunnen Switzerland to Lake Como, though may have to base in Lugano. Any advice on best / fastest route there? We will be flying out of Milan Malpensa airport so also trying to figure best also fastest way to get to Malpensa. Advice is appreciated, thx

3 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Como to Lauterbrunnen

by AllieK Online Now Nov 12, 2011 at 10:26 PM

How would I get to Lauterbrunnen from Como/ how much would it cost roughly?
      Thankyou!

4 Answers Nov 13, 2011 at 3:01 AM
    • Bellagio to domaso

by mroscishewsky Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM

What is the best way to get from Bellagio to domaso?

• Sundays

by mroscishewsky Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 6:49 AM

I was supposed to arrive on Saturday but due to delays in NYC we are arriving on Sunday. Will we have problems getting a train to the town of Como because it is Sunday? Are taxis available on Sunday's?

3 Answers Sep 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    • Car Service from Milan to Bellagio

by mroscishewsky Online Now Sep 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Does anyone know of a good car service in Milan that will transport me and my family of 4 to Bellagio? Can I hire a car at the airport? Does the airport have a car service kiosk?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Transfers from Milan Airport

by lesleygiff Online Now Aug 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Coming from London, which is the best airport in Milan for Lake Como? and also Lake Maggiore?

We want to take a taxi transfer from the airport in Milan to a hotel on Lake Como. What is the approximate time by road to the south of the lake? And price if anyone knows?

If we decide on Lake Maggiore, say Stresa or Baveno, what would that taxi transfer time be?

Many thanks.

12 Answers Aug 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    • karamella's Profile Photo

One day trip to Lake Como

by karamella Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Dear VT Friends,

please help with following.

I am travelling to Milan and continue my trip to Verona and Venice.
      I have one free day on 27aug. when I would make a one day trip to Lake Como.

My plan is to arrive to Varenna by train at 09.23 and return from Como around 18.00-18.30...

MY questions are:

-How far is the Varenna train station from the downtown and the ferry station?
      -Is there any ferry/boat from Varenna to Como? I did not find any but
      probably checked the wrong site
      -How many hours I need in Varenna to look around?
      -HOw far is the port from Como City center-and which is the nearest train
      station to the port? (from where shoul I take my train back to Italy central)

I have only one day for this trip and do not want to miss any train/boat as I have booked hotel in Milan.

Thank you for any advise

10 Answers Aug 11, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • Audrey118's Profile Photo

Brunate

by Audrey118 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 8:43 AM

I b on my way fm Bellagio to Venice. And on Sunday morning we will take the c30 bus fm
      Bellagio to como San giovanni. N have 2 hours to wait for our train connection. Is it possible to get to the furnicular ride on Sunday morning. How far is it to walk or what other means to get fm
      Como San giovanni to the furnicular station to go to brunate .

4 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    • What is the best way to get to Menaggio from Milan's Malpensa airpot?

by mroscishewsky Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I do not want to rent a car - I would like to use public transport. Does a train go to Menaggio? Should I take a ferry?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    • Swimming

by mroscishewsky Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Can you swim in the lake in the town of Bellagio? Is the water warm enough to go swimming in early September? I plan to travel to Bellagio from September 10 to 17 and would like to know if I should pack swimming trunks. If you can not swim in Bellagio how far north would one go to be able to swim in the lake - which town?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM
    • Nic2004's Profile Photo

Como overnight - what to do - hotel

by Nic2004 Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM

We'll be staying overnight in Como on our way to the adriatic cost this summer (via Mantova and Ostellato/Comacchio, one night each). Well, I guess we'll have some hours in the afternoon/evening after having arrived and then some time the next morning. What would you recommend us to do? Visiting the old town of Como? What are the "must see's"? Do you think we will have enough time to see other places around the lake? Or maybe choose another place for the night at the lake? Could you recommend a hotel (reasonable price with parking facilities)? At the the end of August / beginning of September, they only seem to have pricy ones. Thanks in advance :-)

3 Answers Jul 29, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    • TexaFrance's Profile Photo

First time to Italian lakes

by TexaFrance Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM

As far as Lake Maggiore vs Lake Como, which is the best choice and why? What are the differences and what are the most popular things to do at each lake? Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 29, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    • What is the best way to get from Bellagio to Venice?

by mroscishewsky Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 5:25 AM

What is the best way to get from Bellagio to Venice?

4 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    • Ferry on Lake Como

by mroscishewsky Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 12:47 AM

How often does a ferry run from the town of Como to Bellagio? I am getting into Como by train and taking a ferry. How far is the Ferry service from the train station? Where do I go to see the Ferry schedule? How long is a Ferry ride from Como to Bellagio?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM