Como Travel Answers

change location

Is saronno a good place to stay in ordr to get to the airport for an early flight?

by happytotravel Online Now Apr 7, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Hi everybody...I have never been to Italy before and am in the process of organising and booking accom etc. I have booked Como for a few days. I feel it is too complicated and long to try and catch trains to get to the airport from Como so I was thinking of booking a place in Saronno and then just having a short train trip to the airport. Is this a good or ridiculous idea???? What is Saronno like?? Thanks for any input.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Mikebond's Profile Photo

Re: Is saronno a good place to stay in ordr to get to the airport for an early flight?

by Mikebond Online Now Apr 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Saronno lies closer to Malpensa than Como, but is probably not as interesting. It is famous for its amaretto (Italian liquor having the flavor of almonds).
    You can visit there the Santuario della Madonna dei Miracoli (Sanctuary of the Virgin of Miracles), which my Lombardy guidebook marks as interesting. There is also another church, San Francesco.
    So, I would spend half a day in Saronno and overnight there. It doesn't sound ridiculous to me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines