Como Travel Answers

change location
Turska's Profile Photo

Rental apartments at Lake Como

by Turska Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 12:55 AM

My parents just booked cheap flights to Bergamo,and will stay quite long.So the thought that they would like to rent a cheap flat from lake Como,from place where is a train connection.They first were planning to rent a car(they have driven around Europe several times,and like it),but have heard that car-rent in Italy is expensive(around 60e a day,is it true?).Problem is,that I have only one week to help them,because I´m soon meaving there myself(To Bergamo,not to Como).So if someone knows helpful tips to find cheap apartments,it would be a big help!Problem number two is,that they are leaving at August,so the tinme is running.My father needs my help,because his English isn´t so good,and most of renters don´t speak German,witch he speaks very well.So it really is a hurry.And there´s a formula1-competion at that time,so places are getting full..I´ve allready checked VRBO and Interhome,and coupple of small companys.if someone knows new tips-it would be more than helpful!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Turska's Profile Photo

Re: Rental apartments at Lake Como

by Turska Online Now Jul 14, 2008 at 1:57 AM

Thanks!Two of these were new for me.They are allready ready to think some other lake,too,but to Maggio and Garda they have allready been-but if Como is full for cheaper ones,it´s the main thing that they´ll get somewhere nice and beautyful,by the lake,not sea.In Como there is lots of flats on the west side,but if they don´t rent the car,they are afraid,that it´s too hard connected from Milan.And they are planning to make day-trips by public transport.Own car would be easier,but bus or train cheaper.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines