Comino Island Travel Answers

change location

How can I get info ?

by sylve Online Now May 29, 2004 at 11:58 AM

I would dearly love to find out more about Comino Island and its Hotel in order to stay there. I hope to live in Malta, Gozo or wonderfully Comino when I retire but can find NO info about the island - can anyone help please?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • nada1712's Profile Photo

Re: How can I get info ?

by nada1712 Online Now May 29, 2004 at 12:17 PM

Yes I have been several times. I think there is maybe one hotel on Comino ( not 100 % sure about this) there is also a smelly pig farm. ( 100% sure about this!!! There are dozens and hundreds of tourist day trippers every day on Comino coming to the Blue Lagoon from Malta and Gozo on organised boat trips making a huge noise. Awful. !!!!!The best way to see Comino is hire your own boat from Gozo or Malta and snorkel in the lovely caves early before the hoardes arrive.!!! See my Gozo pages . Best wishes Nada

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ray_d's Profile Photo

by ray_d Online Now May 29, 2004 at 3:41 PM

Q: I would dearly love to find out more about Comino Island and its Hotel in order to stay there. I hope to live in Malta, Gozo or wonderfully Comino when I retire but can find NO info about the island - can anyone help please? Comino is the smallest habitable Island of the Maltese Archipelago. It is small roughly circular, just over 1 square Kilometre in Area and positioned just off and to one side of a straight line between Malta and Gozo. As far as I know Comino does not allow residential buildings. Malta and Gozo caters for foreign residents. Follow the links in the site below and others from it and you will find answers to your needs. Nada is also quite right about the pigs. geocities.com/mike_buhagiar/...

• Re: How can I get info ?

by Gocca03 Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 1:50 AM

The island’s main attraction is the Blue Lagoon – this is a small cove with extremely beautiful shimmering aquamarine water over white sand. Obviously, this place is very popular with day tripper during summer so if you want to avoid the crowds you should visit early morning or late afternoon – there are small boats that leave from Mgarr Harbour in Gozo and Cirkewwa in Malta. Apart from the Blue Lagoon, there are other good places for swimming such as Santa Maria Bay and Saint Nicholas. Comino also has some great diving sites. There is also an imposing fort, St Mary’s Fort, build by the Knights in 1618, a landmark for miles around. Currently it is being restored by a local NGO and i am not sure if it is open for the public yet. You can find more information about this fort at: educ.um.edu.mt/militarymalta... There is no accommodation on the island except for one four star hotel - Comino Hotel (http://www.cominohotels.com) As for the pig farm, it is tugged in one corner of the island and you will hardly notice it unless you poke your nose into it.

• Xeriss's Profile Photo

by Xeriss Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 3:21 AM

You might want to search some information about malta through the following website: www.searchmalta.com You will find all you need to know about the Malta, Gozo and Comino starting from the hotels to self catering apartments.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Comino Island