Travel Answers
Columbus

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it a good idea to rent a flat in downtown columbus?

by gosuhosu Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM

In regards of crime and traffic during the rush hours, mainly.

1 Answer Nov 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    • MirandaLand's Profile Photo

Where to live.

by MirandaLand Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM

May be relocating soon to the C-bus area from Greensboro, NC. It's difficult searching from states away- of course there are crime, income/rent maps and the like but not being in the area to look around makes it difficult to discern good neighborhoods/towns to live in.

What areas inside the beltway and outside (outlying towns, etc) are good to live in? I'm looking mainly for an area that's relatively accessible (i.e. 1-2 miles walking distance to a grocer, farm markets, parks, etc) and the like.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    • Weather

by Hcardosa Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Going to a Wedding in March and would like to know what kind of clothes and shoes to take. What is the normal weather for march? Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    • LynnieAshB's Profile Photo

Hotel Near Expo Center

by LynnieAshB Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Okay... In April I will be going to Columbus for Equine Affaire. It's at the Expo Center/ Fairgrounds. This is the first year going by myself & I don't drive... I was trying to get a hotel close to the fairgrounds. I booked at the Holiday Inn Express on East Hudson Street. When I first looked up the directions to walk from the hotel to the Expo Center, it was no prob.. I look it up and now it says that there could be sidewalks missing, etc... Does anyone know this area? Is it going to be a problem? I wanted to stay at the Comfort Inn right there, but the price... May still change mind, but...

If anyone knows about the area and if walking is going to be fine, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lynn

2 Answers Feb 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    • Continent Pavilion????

by creekgirl Online Now May 3, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Where is the Continent Pavilion in Columbus?? What is it near...I am driving from 3 hours away for Day 26 Concert...not sure how to get to the Pavilion...can't find anything online...thanks

1 Answer May 3, 2009 at 11:49 PM
    • Having a meetup of 7 in Columbus but am afraid of parking issues

by BillyBobJimBoe Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Hi. In the summertime me and about 7 or 8 other friends are going to be meeting up at Columbus, and most of us will be staying at a hotel somewhere. Just about all of us are driving ourselves. I'm a bit worried because I think it costs for most parking at Columbus hotels - and we're going to have about seven or eight cars. That'd add up to be quite the bill.

Is there any recommended place to go where parking isn't much of an issue (meaning, cheap in this case given the # of cars, or perhaps are there any places with free parking?)

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    • Best strip club in Columbus?

by Club_Gamer Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM

there's columbus gold, vanity, kahoots, dreamgirls, columbus dollhouse, xcalibur showbar, and private dancer... i've only been to columbus gold, vanity, and private dancer. i'm just wondering which ones i should bother going to and which ones i should skip. any suggestions?

5 Answers May 25, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    • Travel to Columbus

by wangPI Online Now Apr 30, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Hi,

I will go to Columbus 3 days for business trip in June. During the trip. I will like to visit some home theatre shop Columbus. Is anyone able to advice me where can I find them?

Thanks.

• Mopar Nationals

by Bullalou Online Now Feb 22, 2008 at 1:14 AM

We will be in Ohio in August and plan to attend the 2008 Mopar Natioanls being held in Columbus at the National Trail Raceway in AUGUST 9-11 2008. Have been told 50,000 people attend this event each year and as this will be our first visit to this event, would appreciate any advise on where to stay/transport etc

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Cheapest way to MEXICO ?

by Pakistaniguy Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Hi Guys

I am right now in Columbus, OHIO. I would like to ask you, how can i get cheaply from here to MEXICO as cheaply as possible ? What would u do if u would be at my place ? Flying is way to expensive and i didnt find any ride share offers online either. Please help me!!!

Thanks in advance!
      Umer

2 Answers Jun 12, 2007 at 3:37 PM
    • Honymoon Suite Needed In Columbus

by damondawson Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 8:05 PM

I'm looking for an "out of the world" type Honeymoon Suite in or around Columbus, Ohio. The more extravagant the better (all though I don't have a ton to spend). My wife and I are celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary and I was hopping for a very lavished type suite type room with a Jacuzzi. You know, the works. Any help you can offer would be great.

• Travmad's Profile Photo

Downtown area

by Travmad Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 5:30 AM

My wife and I are heading to downtown Columbus for this weekend for the first time. Would anyone care to share some stuff that we shouldn't miss.

4 Answers Jun 22, 2006 at 9:56 AM
    • Babysitting Agencies in Columbus

by mrsg7176 Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 11:24 AM

I will be traveling to Columbus with my family for 6 nights in June/July. One night I may need babysitting services. Is there any licensed agencies that provide this service? I am staying at the Westin - who advertised this service -but upon calling to confirm, advised "we do not arrange this service". I am having a hard time searching this online!! Thank you!

• karaoke in columbus??

by squidchief Online Now Nov 27, 2005 at 9:37 AM

I'll be in town from the 4th to the 10th of Dec. Interested in finding some karaoke spots during that timeframe.

• tvdandy's Profile Photo

Maybe getting a job offer at Ohio State University

by tvdandy Online Now Nov 12, 2005 at 7:08 AM

Hello Guys and Gals,

I was wondering if anybody can give me an honest heads up on what it's like to live in Columbus. I am a young professional and I would also like to know what are the best neighborhoods to live in for my age group. Are there any areas where you can walk to places just as easily as driving. Are the people friendly? Lots to do, that sort of thing. Any info, would be much appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 15, 2005 at 9:04 AM
    • Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (formerly PromoWest Pavilion) Question

by indianaruddfan Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 7:49 PM

We are thinking of attending a concert at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (formerly PromoWest Pavilion)in early December. It says it is an indoor concert. I was just wondering if this was a good venue for a concert? Can you see? How elevated are the seats? Our other choice is House of Blues in Chicago. Thanks!

by indianaruddfan Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 6:08 PM

We are thinking of attending a concert at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (formerly PromoWest Pavilion)in early December. It says it is an indoor concert. I was just wondering if this was a good venue for a concert? Can you see? How elevated are the seats? Our other choice is House of Blues in Chicago. Thanks!

by indianaruddfan Online Now Oct 20, 2005 at 5:44 PM

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Will be visiting a friend in Columbus August 11-What are some fun places to check out?

by lashr1999 Online Now Jul 31, 2005 at 9:06 AM

Hi,

I will be visiting a friend in Columbus August 11 for the weekend. I was wondering what are some fun places to check out? Are there live music places?To see the types of music I like go to my profile here: http://www.myspace.com/lashr1999

Thanks for any suggestions:)

1 Answer Mar 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    • Moving to Columbus - HELP!

by d.r.l. Online Now Apr 5, 2005 at 4:34 PM

Can anyone help me? I am planning on relocating with my job to Columbus from St. Louis. I currently work with MAC Cosmetics. My plan is to relocate and attend World Harvest Bible College. I am really interested in any info or tips. I will be looking for the most reasonably priced 1 BR apartment or roommate situation. I found Belmont Apts. on E. Town St. which sounded interesting based on www.apts.com, but my instincts tell me to first check with the VT community. The address of the college is Wright Street, Canal Winchester, OH. The Mac counter I am currently applying for is on Tuttle Crossing Blvd. in Dublin, OH. PLEASE - ANY HELPFUL INFO ON ANYTHING RELATED TO MOVING, THE CITY, ETC.

4 Answers Apr 6, 2005 at 3:57 PM
    • Curious about Columbus???

by d.r.l. Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 6:20 PM

Hey VT community I have some curiosity about this midwestern neighbor of mine. I have a few questions... Since when is posh shopping Victoria's Secret and Bath&Body Works? Are these not in every shopping mall? I can't think of anything more mundane than Bath&Body. What about Coach, BCBG, Bebe, Saks 5th Ave. etc. And for anyone to refer to JC Penney as anything remotely related to posh is a crime against high fashion, America, and the english language. I find it down right offensive. Come on I have a sense of humor. What is it like for young singles to live in Ohio? In St. Louis there is not a lot of cultural or social activity going on that is not family oriented. For singles here it is church, the bars, or the health club. What about there?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2005 at 11:47 PM
    • Have you been to The Continent lately?

by jena3 Online Now Aug 20, 2004 at 11:19 AM

I've heard a lot of talk lately about The Continent. What kinds of clubs/bars are there now? Do any of them have live bands? Thanks for sharing...

• pitzputz's Profile Photo

searching 4 an old friend

by pitzputz Online Now May 19, 2004 at 2:49 PM

i am kooking for ira shatenshtein(maybe she changed her last name!) we were growen up together in tadjikistan in russia!!!! at the age of 8 my family moved to Israel and hers to America!!! now she is 22-21 years old!!!!! i want to contact with her very much please someone help me! i know that she is dancing to and make a proformensis-->maybe a ballet??? my name is IAN !!!! 'Jerusalem, Israel' Thank's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• VladimirIL's Profile Photo

International couples In Columbusa area?

by VladimirIL Online Now Nov 18, 2003 at 2:36 PM

Are there any couples in this area consisting of Russians/Ukranians married to Americans who are missing home? We have been married a little over a year and still waiting on the "green card" interview! Lena would like to speak Russian to someone as I'm afraid mine is not very good. Maybe get together for a pizza or something & share expeiences. We live near Ohio State University & go to Russian films, concerts & lectures there.

• Moving to Columbus

by VAFields Online Now Jun 26, 2003 at 2:10 PM

We have finally decided on Columbus, Ohio. Currently, we are apartment hunting. I've heard the Short North area is very expensive. We'd like to live close to the "action" but we don't want to spend more than600 a month for a one bedroom (preferably with a dishwasher and washer/dryer). If anyone has any suggestions, as to what realty companies or apartment complexes have good reputations, it would be a big help.

2 Answers Aug 11, 2004 at 11:45 PM
    • Columbus..a great city to live in?

by VAFields Online Now Jun 24, 2003 at 11:47 AM

Is Columbus a city for young people? What areas are the best to live in (I.e. downtown, suburbs). I am not familiar with the area. Anything from residents of Columbus would be a big help.

4 Answers Aug 11, 2004 at 11:20 PM
    • heplion's Profile Photo

Buckeyes

by heplion Online Now Nov 23, 2002 at 12:35 PM

Any Columbus residents out there? I just virutally watched the game against UM here in St. Petersburg, Russia. A saturday night, my first free weekend of fun in PEtersburg and here I am on the net watching the footbal (american ) game. So tell, what is it like in Columbus tonight?? Waht am I missing?? fill me in!!!!

3 Answers Jan 21, 2003 at 8:03 PM