Columbia Travel Answers

change location

Please Help!

by donnaren Online Now Feb 1, 2003 at 2:37 PM

I am considering moving to Columbia. What is the job and rental situation there? Can you suggest any resources to help? Are there any "bad" areas of town as far as rentals? What are some good restaurants while we visit? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • trywillmc's Profile Photo

Re: Please Help!

by trywillmc Online Now Feb 2, 2003 at 12:23 AM

just a quick fact for you 25% of the worlds kidnappings occur in columbia.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RedAngel49's Profile Photo

Re: Please Help!

by RedAngel49 Online Now Feb 2, 2003 at 6:42 AM

http:\\www.showmenews.com Go to the above address and you will find some of the information you are asking about. I've found this to be a good resource. I currently work in Columbia. And yes, there are bad parts of town just like any other town. Don't mind working there but wouldn't want to live there. Kind of pricey for me. Plus more criminal activity but then it is a bigger place than Marshall.

• Re: Please Help!

by Tightandgritty Online Now Feb 6, 2003 at 7:44 AM

The job situation at first glance is good. I'm currently in the market for a new job, it just takes companies around here a while to get in touch. When I say a while I mean like 2 weeks or more, which I guess is standard. As far as looking for a job or rental use the Columbia Daily Tribune homepage. This site has a lot of job opporotunities and rental openings. As far as bad areas of town, there really aren't any that are real bad, just a few gritty spots here and there. Restaurants: Everett's, D'Agistino's(sp?), Olive Garden, Sophia's or Addison's to name a few, but there are many to choose from, so good luck. By the way rent can run anywhere from475 for a one bedroom place to900 for a 3 to 4 bedroom, depends on what kind of quality your looking for. And of couse you can always get something less expensive than that.

• RE: RE: Please Help!

by ohtoodles Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 1:27 PM

Columbia, Missouri not Colombia???

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines