Colorado Springs

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

more
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Visit other towns

by Papim2 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We're. Going in nov.1st. For 10 days..have a car , what are some cool towns to visit...don't. Mind driving 1 to 2. Hours...

9 Answers Yesterday
    • Clubs

by Cowboyjohnny Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Does the Gold Dusk saloon or Grahams night clud or the Almuni club still exist

• 3 Days in Colorado Springs

by e301mfi Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I am going to spend 3 full days in Colorado Springs starting from May 26. Is it possible to see the following places during 3 days: Garden of the Gods, Royal Gorge Brige, Pikes Peak, Cave of the winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Cripple creak railroad, Miramont Castle and Seven Falls. I would be very grateful if somebody could advice optimum itinerary.
      Thank you in advance
      Mike F

2 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    • lisa85202's Profile Photo

cozy breweries or restaurants in Colorado Springs

by lisa85202 Online Now Jun 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I'm headed up to Garden of the Gods/Pikes Peak region in July, driving up from New Mexico and would like to enjoy a local brew while I'm passing through- maybe as stop for lunch before we head to the campground. Any suggestions for me? I like cozy/casual atmosphere, nothing fancy, I will be with kids and dressed for a camping trip. Center/West side of town preferred.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Requesting a suggested 4 day Colorado itinerary!

by swdke Online Now Mar 14, 2012 at 6:21 AM

I've just booked a flight to Colorado Springs for an extended weekend trip in August. Plan is to fly to Colorado Springs, arrive at 9 AM on a Friday. Returning home on following Monday, departing at 5:30 PM. This gives me from 9 AM Friday, all day Saturday, Sunday, and a good portion of the day on Monday. Basically, I see my itinerary has having 4 days, and 3 nights. I am looking for a suggested day by day itinerary, what to see/do, what towns to overnight in.

I do know I want to take the cog railway up to Pikes Peak, and I want to do a drive through Rocky Mountain National Park. Also, interested in visiting either Aspen, or Summit County or both.

Following is a list of attractions that I've noticed:

•Pikes Peak
      •Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
      •Seven falls
      •Garden of the Gods
      •Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine in Cripple Creek
      •US Mint tour
      •Coors Brewery Tour
      •Molly Brown House Muesum
      •Aspen
      •Summit County
      •Walk through Georgetown
      •Georgetown Loop Railroad
      •Glenwood Hot Springs

With regards to the above sights and attractions, it's only just a list of possibilities. Perhaps too many considering I have only 4 days. Also, we are open to other suggested ideas too. The only things on the list that are a "must do" is Pikes Peak and Rocky Mountain National Park. Other than that, I'd like to fill our 4 days with as much sights as possible, or as much as realistically.

Any suggestions for a day by day itinerary to see and do as much as possible?

Thank you so much.

7 Answers Apr 16, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    • Accommodation in Colorado Springs

by pbdancing Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Could anyone recommend a nice hotel/guest house either in downtown area or on the outskirts. Would I be better, possibly, staying in Manitou Springs? Looking at no more than250/night.

Many thanks,

PB Dancing

2 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    • Denver to Colorado Springs

by eileenthibadeau Online Now Oct 1, 2011 at 11:12 AM

How do you get from Denver to Colorado Springs on a weekend (car not an option)
      It looks like the FREX only runs on weekday

2 Answers Oct 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    • kongying's Profile Photo

COS SkyDiving??

by kongying Online Now Apr 7, 2011 at 1:06 AM

hi there
      im looking at skydiving in cos, do you have details, prices etc??

thanks!

• HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Driving into CS from Utah

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM

We'll be coming into Colorado Springs on I-70 from Utah tomorrow evening. Is highway 24 better or is I-70/25 through Denver better? I'm assuming that the scenery is better on 24 and that I-70/25 would be faster. Is that correct? And how is 24 at dusk or nighttime?

Thanks
      HB

1 Answer Jul 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    • Buses

by drummer10 Online Now Apr 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Do you have a bus that runs from Colo Springs airport to Gunnison, CO

3 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 10:18 PM
    • Transportation from Denver Airport

by pgk Online Now Aug 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Hi. Is there any public transportation from Denver Airport to the intersection of Pope's Bluff Trl. and Hilton Parkway in Colorado Springs?
      (It is near the Garden of the Gods).

I would like to get as close as I can to this location, and no car is available.

Thanks

Patti

2 Answers Aug 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    • Lodging near the Olympic training center

by ARCatfish Online Now Aug 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM

My son has been invited to shoot at the olympic training center at the end of Aug. Going in on a limited budget after a big summer vacation. (we didn't know he qualified or would have saved some) Any recommendations on some chep but decent lodging?

• jenk299's Profile Photo

Colorado Springs Burgers

by jenk299 Online Now Jun 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM

We will be making our annual trip to Colorado Springs this August. Any suggestions for a good Buffalo Burger? Thanks for the help.

2 Answers Jun 29, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    • visiting with teenageers!!

by right1205 Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Any suggestions on public swimming pools or water acitivities for some teenagers in the colorado springs area. Any other ideas for teens besides the normal tourist attractions which we have already seen 2 or 3 times in the past. Appreciate any ideas you might have.

1 Answer Jun 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    • Colorado Springs in July

by komodo13 Online Now Apr 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Hello. My family and I will be in Colorado Springs in July. We have two children, both under 10. I have read some of the interesting info on the city, but I am just wondering if anyone has "must see" places for us considering the kids. Also, places to avoid? I am also wondering about the altitude issue. Should I worry too much about this? We have never gone to Colorado before, so this will be our first trip and we don't know what to expect. Thanks!

4 Answers May 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

driving this weekend in colorado springs

by monicarc Online Now Apr 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM

I am to be in colorado springs this friday - Sunday and the weather forecast shows rain/snow for friday--I am from Texas and DO NOT know how to travel in the snow, etc. Question, is this snow the type that is going to be sticking or just flurries? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    • Cascade

by JanetLC Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I read somewhere that there is a place called Cascade near Pikes Peak that has many waterfalls. Does anyone know where this is? I also read that Cheyenne Park has falls called Silver Cascade Falls. Is this the same place?

2 Answers May 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    • Rafting and ATVs

by JanetLC Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM

We are considering (if we can find the time) taking a 2-3 hour whitewater raft trip and renting ATVs for 2 hours in either Durango, Royal Gorge or Colorado Springs (or Estes Park if we make it up there.) The rafting will be a new experience for us. Does anyone have recommendations for the best companies to go with? I found some information on www.coloradodirectory.com, but wasn't sure which places would be best.

• waterfalls

by JanetLC Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM

We have 5 days to travel from Durango to Denver in mid June. We would like to take some mountain hikes (less than 1-2 hours round trip) to see waterfalls. Where would be the best places to do this? Do Durango and Colorado Springs have mountain trails, or should be go on up to Rocky Mountain National Park ? Are the mountains more impressive in the park than in Durango and Colorado Springs?

4 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 1:25 AM
    • Colorado Springs

by JanetLC Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

We will be in Colorado Springs for 2 1/2 days. Will we have time to see Royal Gorge, Seven Falls, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Garden of the Gods and drive up to Pike's Peak? Is there anything we should not miss?

3 Answers Feb 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    • Lunch With A View

by jimchi Online Now May 1, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Is there any restaurant in the Colorado Springs area which serves lunch outside and which has a great view of Pikes Peak ?

3 Answers May 16, 2008 at 9:31 PM
    • Travel to Colorado Springs from Denver

by micheflan Online Now Apr 13, 2008 at 4:41 AM

I am staying in Denver for a few days and have booked a trip on the Manitou Spings cog railway. I will not be driving and would like to know the best way to get to Manitou or Colorado Springs from Denver. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 14, 2008 at 7:48 PM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Denver Intl. Airport to Colorado Springs - Transportation Options?

by rmdw Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Besides renting a car, are there any inexpensive ways to get between these two places. I found one bus but it's50 each way. That seems rather pricey to me for a 2 hour ride.

Robert

3 Answers Oct 18, 2007 at 7:55 PM
    • Visiting Colorado Springs

by Nimitta Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM

We are going to spend 4-5 days in Colorado Springs to hike around Garden of the Gods, the Palmer Park etc. Can we get around Colorado Springs by public transportation?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 1:29 AM
    • visiting royal gaorge

by quintinsevilla Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Hi! DOes anyone know how much the fees are to visit the royal goarge brigde/park. thanks

1 Answer Jul 2, 2007 at 6:08 AM
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Hotels/Motels in Manitou Springs/Old Colorado City

by goodfish Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Hi - will be in Colorado Springs with my other half (business trip) and are taking an extra 2 nights (July 12th and 13th) to do some sightseeing. Anyone have recommendations for a nice, not too run-down motel (or hotel) in this area? We really don't like hotels with interior halls and just a small window in the room (stuffy) - prefer direct access to the outside or at least a balcony/patio. Any locals out there, or anyone else who's been there recently? This thing is sort of last-minute and I'm running out of time! Thanks a bunch!

5 Answers Jun 30, 2007 at 5:55 AM
    • mattandmandy's Profile Photo

Staying at The Broadmoor

by mattandmandy Online Now Jun 27, 2007 at 1:45 PM

My husband and I will be staying at The Broadmoor for one night in a couple of weeks. We are really looking forward to it. We visited the hotel last year when we had brunch there and of course noticed that the hotel is HUGE and there is a ton to do. We wanted opinions on what not to miss at the Broadmoor from others who may have stayed there before. Thanks!!

3 Answers Jul 5, 2007 at 3:59 PM
    • AnnieSA's Profile Photo

How do I get from Colorado Springs to Buena Vista or Canon City by bus?

by AnnieSA Online Now Jun 9, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Hi,
      Does anyone know if there is public transportation (e.g bus)between Colorado Springs and Buena Vista or Canon City?
      I want to join a white water rafting trip and I won't have a car and I'm a bit stuck to find the info online.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2007 at 1:44 PM
    • Adpnkp's Profile Photo

COS in June

by Adpnkp Online Now May 15, 2007 at 2:54 PM

I have to be in COS in late June for business, but was thinking about staying a few days extra to see the place (never been there before). I know it is great during winter for winter sports, but any fun things to do in Summer? I love the outdoors and sightseeing and am not much into shopping, to make it easier to post your replies.

2 Answers May 20, 2007 at 11:42 AM
    • CPE's Profile Photo

relocating to COS from France

by CPE Online Now Mar 12, 2007 at 5:56 AM

Hi, I am French, living in France for the moment. My husband got a job in COS. He should start in June and I would join him in July with our 3 daughters (2 mo, 2 yo, 4 yo). We are waiting for the visa.
      I am looking for many things concerning our relocation in this city.
      We've already traveled to the US but never to this area, so we know quite a bit about American habits. Yet we've never lived there.
      - We would like to have advice on where to settle in the city. Here are our ideal and main criteria :
      - to rent a house that has a backyard for the kids (we'll think of buying later)
      - to be in a neighborhood that does a lot for kids (parks, activities, nannies...)
      - to be in a quite quiet area (I am worried about the airport, is it really loud?)
      - to be in a safe area
      - to depend on a good school
      - and if possible, to go to work by bike (his company is on Aeroplaza Drive, near the airport)

I am also seeking advice on child care. At what age can children start school and for how long during the day. What are the solutions for babies and 2 years old children?

We would have to furnish all our house. Could you give me the best places to go for furniture and appliance at a reasonable price.

Does anybody know how rent works? ie do you have to show your last 3 paychecks to prove you're liable? Do you need to pay in advance a certain amount...

My last question for the moment : do you know any organization that could help us think of everything for the relocation, especially as a foreigner?

I would really appreciate any feedback.
      Thanks in advance

10 Answers May 9, 2007 at 5:03 PM