Colorado Springs Travel Answers

change location

Relocating to Carson

by smemte Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 4:50 PM

We are moving from Missouri to Colorado in March 2007 and I'm a little nervous about traveling during that time of year. Is there any advice that someone can give me? Will I have to cross that Red Cliff Bridge? How is it during that time of year on US 24? Are there any alternate routes that are safer during that time of year? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Ceadda's Profile Photo

RE: Relocating to Carson

by Ceadda Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 1:05 PM

Traveling in March to Colorado is kind of a crap shoot. Sometimes it is perfectly fine. However, we do tend to get a lot of snow in March so you want to keep an eye on the weather. If the weather is at all bad, I would avoid US-24. It is a two lane road and on the plains it can get nasty. If the weather is marginal, then you can stay on I-70 all the way into to Denver and then come south from Denver on I-25. You will see the signs for Fort Carson on the southern end of town. Regarding the bridge, I'm not sure what you are referring to? There are no major bridges to cross on the route you are coming through. You should be fine. The weather is usually fine that time of year. If a storm does come up, you can wait a day or two and things will be fine. The weather never sticks around long.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Colorado Springs