Colorado Springs Travel Answers

change location

Where to live

by zaq12 Online Now May 31, 2005 at 3:44 PM

I am a young profesional moving from California to COS and was wondering where the best place to live is? Keep in mind that i am single, active and I like social settings. Big house or big condo it doesnt matter as long as there are things to do and people to do them with. I am not a lone wolf and would like a setting that has energy as well as beauty. And no Denver and Boulder are not options since I will be working in COS. Thank you for your help.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MonoBichi's Profile Photo

RE: Where to live

by MonoBichi Online Now Jun 1, 2005 at 10:47 AM

"Old" Colorado Springs, where I grew up, is now the downtown area. From there you can go East, mostly into acres of malls and tract houses.
    Or West, which gets funnelled into a couple of main arterials and eventually leads up the pass into the mountains. This is the more interesting area of town. Colorado City is old red rock buildings (it missed on the modernization/demolition that devastated the downtown) very chic, very nice. Further out are small neighborhoods and eventually Manitou Springs. If I were you I would look downtown or on the west side.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines