change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

childcare in Colorado ski resorts?

Colorado Dec 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Need advice on a good skiing resort in Colorado with reasonable child care rates. I've looked at Beaver Creek and Keystone and Durango...if anyone knows please message me! Thanks

more
    • recommendations please

Steamboat Springs Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

more
    • travel from denver to durango by small rental car in january

Durango 11 hours ago

i posted this previously but not sure it went through (prior to becoming a member).
      i want to travel from denver to durango and back by small rental car in mid january.
      i don't want to pay the extra $400/week for an all wheel drive suv rental if it's not necessary. i will be traveling in the morning and afternoon. i am used to driving in snow and ice in the midwest in a compact car but not in mountains. would like some input from locals.

more
    • Appropriate attire

Black Hawk Dec 23, 2014 at 7:33 AM

What does one usually wear to gamble in black hawk?

more
    • looking for an off season destination

Colorado Dec 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary in colorado in May and we are looking for a good discount on a hotel or spa. We are going to relax so the spa would be nice. We want something close to a town. Any suggestions on where we should go?

more
    • Appropriate attire

Black Hawk Dec 23, 2014 at 7:33 AM

What does one usually wear to gamble in black hawk?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM
    • MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

childcare in Colorado ski resorts?

Colorado Dec 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Need advice on a good skiing resort in Colorado with reasonable child care rates. I've looked at Beaver Creek and Keystone and Durango...if anyone knows please message me! Thanks

• recommendations please

Steamboat Springs Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

• looking for an off season destination

Colorado Dec 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary in colorado in May and we are looking for a good discount on a hotel or spa. We are going to relax so the spa would be nice. We want something close to a town. Any suggestions on where we should go?

3 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM
    • travel partner

Colorado Nov 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM

OK i m 30 year old guy, I am studying my PhD in engineering since 3 years and i want to take a road trip this Dec break for 2 weeks. my plans are from Denver-Santa Fe- Flagstaff- Vegas-San Francisco - Portland- Seattle - Vancouver- Calgary - Billing - Wyoming - Denver. I prefer female who can drive as well. Will split everything 60-40. 60% on me.

7 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM
    • avs189's Profile Photo

Need travel companion for Denver

Denver Nov 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Planning to visit denver around president's day long weekend . Need travel companion for sharing the expenses.

2 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • How should I plan short Colorado Trip

Colorado Nov 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Hi,
      I am based in Los Angeles. In third week of December, I will be covering some part of AZ, New Mexico (Tucson, White Sands, Santa Fe, Taos) and planning for further route. I know Trail Ridge Road will be closed irrespective of good or bad weather. Same may be true for Rocky Mountain.
      I am thinking of taking route LA-Tucson-White Sands-Santa Fe-Taos-Colorado part-back to LA after covering on-route places. I have already Zion, Bryce, Moab, Arches/Canyonlands in my past trips. I was going through beautiful places in Colorado and found so many beautiful places, I am getting confused. We will drive rental car. We are not into skiing and long hikes, but mostly interested in scenic, photographic and beautiful places. I have few more questions :-
      1- If White Sands NM is comparable to Great Sands, should I skip whole lower loop of Tucson-White Sands ? any comparison, if anybody been to both places.
      2- Which places will not be accessible, in above mentioned places ? (I hope, I was able to mention best places)
      3- I will leave Santa Fe (or Taos) on 27-Dec morning and have to reach Grand Canyon on evening of 31-Dec. How should I plan these days between both places ?
      4- There are various routes from Santa Fe to Colorado Springs (25 and other one is via Taos-84-64-160-25, other one is via Million Dollar Hwy but out of way). Which route should I take ? I would keep a plan-B route in mind, because weather can be worse on few roads.
      I am facing hard time, how should I plan my days, place to visit and stay between 27-Dec and 31-Dec.
      Please suggest.

4 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    • Where in the Animas Valley is this awesome location? (need answers today!)

Durango Nov 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I am doing a photoshoot in a few days and I would really really like to figure out where the location of this picture is. I know it is in the Animas Valley, North of Durango, but I just don't know where exactly. If you know where it is, please pin it on a map on mapquest and reply with the URL of the map. Thanks so much for your help! I have my heart set on going to this location to help create a very special memory for a couple.

5 Answers Nov 5, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • Spring Break Trip

Colorado Oct 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hey all.

I'm a college student looking at possibly taking a trip to Colorado over spring break (end of March). I'm not a big skier but really enjoy hiking and similar activities outdoors plus I've never been to Colorado so just seeing the scenery and lifestyle of the state are draws as well. Plus the draw of cheap airfare (cheap is always a plus) and lower traffic are great.

What I'm wondering is if this is advisable for the time of year (the cold doesn't worry me as I'm from MN and used to it)? Are the trails open and/or accessible at this time? If you would recommend it, are there any sights I should definitely try to see or treks I should make? I'm looking at coming into Denver and going from there and will be staying from Tuesday to Sunday. Thanks for your help everyone!

4 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • Colorado attraction: havent been their since I was 10

Colorado Oct 8, 2014 at 3:00 AM

what is the name of the attraction that deals with "marble" on top of a mountain, that you actually need a 4x4 to go up the trail to see it???? its like a Marble city...

1 Answer Oct 8, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • limited vacation time

Colorado Sep 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I have a very limited amount of vacation time, but would love to spend a long weekend in Colorado. I'd love to see the Rocky mountains, and possibly stay in a beautiful log home or a hotel with a grand lodge. What is your suggestion for the #1 must see place? And what is the best time of year to visit your suggested place?

2 Answers Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • How long does it take to drive?

Colorado Sep 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM

We're travelling from Grand Lake to Leadville, and would like to work in a trip up Mt. Evans. Is there time for that, or would that be too much to work in?

3 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    • Ground transportation

Denver Aug 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM

What is the best way to get from the Amtrak station to the airport? I will need to get a hotel overnight as well.

3 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    • cabins on the river

Estes Park Aug 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM

can anyone recommend cabins right on the river? we want a cabin with hot tub, kitchen and great wildlife viewing. thanks! oh, for 2 people.

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    • cabins on the river

Estes Park Aug 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM

we are looking for a nice/rustic and clean cabin on the river for my husband and me. WAnt to be close to downtown but far enough away that we can enjoy fishing and wildlife. help!

1 Answer Sep 18, 2014 at 4:42 AM
    • WILDLIFE VIEWING IN STEAMBOAT AREA

Steamboat Springs Aug 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What's the best opportunity to see any wildlife if we took a day off from skiiing?
      Any Eagle viewing options?

thanks

• Sightseeing ideas Denver to Steamboat Springs..

Colorado Aug 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Can anyone recommend some things to see on the way to Steamboat springs from Denver? I am taking a short road trip over a weekend and want to see some sights( any must sees) along the way...like cool caves or waterfalls or picture taking opportunities. I'm not looking for any major hiking as I want to spend as much time in the Strawberry springs park as possible, soaking in the hot springs. But I was thinking of taking one way there and a different way back to view as much of Colorado as possible. Any suggesttions? Any help will be welcome. I am from Texas so I dont know the area at all. Thanks in advance.

• denver to pueble

Pueblo Aug 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I will arrive from Pakistan at Denver airport and would like to go to Pueblo . The arrival time for the flight at Denver is around 7pm. I want to go near Pueblo YMCA Need guidance.

2 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    • swimming hole

Colorado Aug 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Where is a good swimming hole near Colorado Springs?

• Travel schedule

Colorado Jul 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I need help scheduling my vacation. We will be flying into Denver on Thurs, Oct 2 and leaving Saturday Oct 11. I want to spend the most time in Co Springs and Estes Park, but also want to have day trips to Boulder and Golden. A couple of days in Denver would be nice, but I expect most of our time will be in CS and EP because we want to do a lot of hiking and nature sight-seeing (RMNP, Garden of the Gods, etc). Since we fly in Thurs evening and fly out early Sat, those two days won't have anything planned.
      Would it make more sense to start out the week staying in CS, and hit up Golden en route to EP? Then while staying in EP take a day tour to Boulder? I'd like to try driving over to Grand Lake, as well. I'm trying to figure out how much time to allot each place, and what city to stay in if driving out for a day trip somewhere.
      Also, I understand that temps can vary widely throughout the day in October but we'd really like to do some white-water rafting. Will the waters be too cold to get any of that in?
      Thanks for any and all advice!

4 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

connection time between southwest airlines flights in denver airport

Denver Jul 26, 2014 at 1:27 AM

hi --

i am flying from tennessee to idaho (and back) in november with one stop in denver. all flights are on southwest airlines, with connection times 45-50 mins each way. is that long enough?

thanks -- susie margaret

3 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • Best things to do

Pagosa Springs Jul 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hello: We are visiting Pagosa Springs in 3 weeks and would like to know what you think are the best things we should do for sure.

Thanks.

• 6 or 7-day road trip

Colorado Jul 3, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hello! We are planning a sightseeing trip to Colorado in mid to late September, and wanted some advise/suggestions on a travel route and itinerary. We would love to see some fall foliage. Will these dates work for that? Some of the places we would like to visit are RMNP, Maroon Bells, Black Canyon, Ouray, Pike's Peak, and Leadville. Are there others that you would suggest? What would be the best itinerary? I just don't want to make our travel days so "full" that we are rushed to get to the next spot! Thanks so much!

3 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    • what to wear in July

Crested Butte Jun 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have never been to Crested Butte. Will be there in 2 days (June 28th). Confused by low temps. Don't know how to pack or what people wear there.

• Oneill2905's Profile Photo

Best Hikes and things to do.

Rocky Mountain National Park Jun 21, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Me and my husband will be spending 2 and a half days in RMNP during August and staying near Estes Park. I have been looking at things to do and wondered if anyone could help narrow down to the best things to do in the short time we have. We love hiking and being out in nature and have found the following things:

Drive on Trail Ridge and visit the Alpine Visitor Centre (considering this on the day we arrive from Casper)
      I have seen trails for Bear Lake, and Nymph to Emerald Lake is this all on the same trail?
      Alberta Falls Trail
      Adams Falls Trail
      Sky Pond Trail
      Chasm Lake
      Ghost Tour at Stanley Hotel

As we will not have time to do all of these any help or advice on what to pick over another would be great, we do plan to head off early to try and beat some of the crowds at this time of year.

4 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • best places to camp 4 hours from Denver during August? beauty, hiking, and kayaking!

Colorado Jun 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

where are the best places to camp no more than 3-4 hours from denver? looking to stay in a cabin in august with 2 others. hiking 3-5 hours rounds trip. kayaking would be awesome as well ( we are beginners) . spectacular views are a must. hot springs would be cool too (unless they're over rated? i was thinking im in colorado so why not?) its my first time camping in CO but ive been to boulder a few times.

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    • millbern55's Profile Photo

mild weather cities in Colorado

Colorado Jun 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM

What cities are the mildest in the wintertime in Colorado? I'm thinking of retiring to Colorado, but I don't want harsh winter weather, am I out of luck?

1 Answer Jun 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    • Vail trip in September

Vail Jun 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM

My company is planning a celebratory trip to Vail at the end of September and I am researching different clothing items to add our logo to and then gift to each employee. What are clothing must haves for the end of September? I was thinking of a lightweight pullover fleece or other type of pullover but wasn't sure if there is something else I should look into instead. Thank you!

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • Colorado People

Glenwood Springs Jun 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM

What are some of the local greetings and expressions? What are some of the expected behaviors and etiquette?

• dress up or down from may 29th to June 4th

Denver May 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

What should i wear from May 29th -June 4th/14 for mostly walking/shopping. I love long dress and hats and hoping to bring some with me. Should i bring extra running/walking shoes with a yoga pants? I don't wear shorts but don't want to feel too hot? Thanks for any pointers.

1 Answer May 31, 2014 at 5:11 AM