Colorado

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

more
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

1 Answer Apr 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

14 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • MiniCooperUSAF's Profile Photo

A few days in middle of May 2014

Golden Mar 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM

What is there to do in the Golden area on a weekend in May? How far is the red rocks amphitheater ?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM
    • Oilfieldtrash52's Profile Photo

Is GJ Awash In Tourists?

Grand Junction Feb 28, 2014 at 4:33 PM

My wife and I are headed to GJ in June with the idea of possibly buying a vacation home
      there. Is it extremely full of tourists during the year, and if so what seasons? Any other advice concerning the town's conduciveness to a retirement place would be appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 7:06 AM
    • snowmobiling in breckenridge

Breckenridge Feb 22, 2014 at 7:51 AM

where is the best place to snow mobile when in Breckenridge?
      Thank you!

• Seeing the best Colorado has to offer.

Colorado Feb 2, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I'm taking a two week trip to Colorado in the beginning of June. I'm a bit of a tree hugger and enjoy running around in the wilderness. Trying to see some of the best Colorado has to offer without wasting my time in overrated tourist traps. Most of our trip will be in central areas of Colorado. Any suggestions?

5 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    • What to wear

Steamboat Springs Feb 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Help! I'm going to Steamboat first week of March 2014. I will NOT be skiing and have never been to a ski resort. Please tell me what to wear for hanging at lodge, going to town. Will be with a business group. I'm a 50 year old Florida girl that has no idea. Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 2, 2014 at 8:23 PM
    • things to do near tech center

Denver Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

staying at hyatt place tech center anything worth seeing in walking distance

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • BARS/NIGHT CLUBS FOR 40 PLUS

Fort Collins Jan 9, 2014 at 6:46 AM

What bars/night clubs do the 40 plus crowd hang out? Best one for women to meet men/

2 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • davisjd523's Profile Photo

Best Place to Hang Out and Talk in Castle Rock

Castle Rock Jan 2, 2014 at 10:57 PM

My friend and I are meeting on Saturday in Castle Rock to eat lunch. After, because it is predicted to snow, we are looking for a place to hang out and talk. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
      JD

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • Day trip to Steam BOat

Aspen Jan 2, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I am staying in Aspen for a week and i want to take a day trip to Steamboat. Are there any cheap shuttle buses that wont take longer than 3 hours and 45 minutes?

Thanks

• How, Where and When

Mesa Verde National Park Dec 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I live in Memphis, How should i get there, Where should i stay and when should i go??? Just me and my wife, we are in our Late 20s.

7 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    • Proper Clothing

Breckenridge Nov 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

My Fiance and I are going to Breckenridge this Decemeber and we arent snow skiing but we are tubing, ziplinning and doing the rollercoaster and much more. What do you think would be the proper appereal to wear walking around or during our activites?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    • Where to go and what to see.

Rocky Mountain National Park Nov 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

My wife and I are planning on spending 3 months this summer (June -Sept) driving our motorhome from Dallas, Texas up through RMNP, on to Yellowstone and Grande Tetons then on to Calgary and Canadian Rockies ending in Vancouver. As we are from Australia we need some help with all there is to see. We will be towing a car so can use that to do sight seeing, etc.

8 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    • Recommendations for RV park or campground

Fort Collins Nov 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

We had previously a very bad experience at the Fort Collins Lakeside KOA campground. The owner has a violent temper, and he had been verbally abusive to my wife. Please recommend alternatives for family-friendly monthly RV sites.

• Which Ski School in Breckenridge is best for beginners?

Breckenridge Nov 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Hi,
      Im coming to Breckenridge over Christmas and New Years and wondering which Ski School to choose. I have the option of Beaver Run, Peak 8 or Village when booking online for beginners. Looking at the maps, they seem to be in similar areas? Any suggestions on which one would be best for 2 adult beginners and 2 kid beginners?!!
      Im thinking of doing a private lesson for the 4 of us on our first day then putting the kids into a ski school on the 2nd/3rd day, then a group lesson for the adults. Does this sound ok? (1st time skiers)
      Thanks heaps !

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • Resturants

Loveland Nov 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Do you have a cracker barrel, Outback or Dennys

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • Where can i buy Christmas Meats in or near Breckenridge ?

Breckenridge Nov 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Hi,
      We are spending Christmas in Breckenridge (all the way from Australia !) and am trying to find somewhere we can get good quality meats from. Probably a Turkey, Ham and Beef to feed 11 people. Any suggestions ? We are driving up from Denver, would it be best to order something from there and pick it up on route to Breckenridge ?
      Thanks for you help :)

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    • Access to Maroon Bells during shutdown

Aspen Oct 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

My girlfriend and I will be in Aspen later this week for 2-3 days. We hope to see the Maroon Bells and the Maroon Bells Lake. Bit confused on what we do and do not have access to within the park/roads due to the shutdown. Would really appreciate help from a local or someone having been there recently.

Also, as the White River National Forest is shut, could you suggest places we can tent camp or rent out really low cost cabins?

Thanks.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    • Available hostels?

Vail Sep 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Are there any cheap hostels that staff can stay in? (in Vail, Colorado?)

3 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Visit other towns

Colorado Springs Sep 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We're. Going in nov.1st. For 10 days..have a car , what are some cool towns to visit...don't. Mind driving 1 to 2. Hours...

8 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • winter and weather

Aspen Sep 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

How long does the winter season really last in Aspen ? The possible last snowfall......and how many days of sunshine do you typically see there ?

1 Answer Dec 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • Bus services from Denver International Airport

Vail Sep 9, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Amtrak bus services from Denver to Vail do not run directly from the International airport. Does anyone have any suggestions as to bus services similar that are not chartered bus services like CME?

4 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • Denver International Airport to Vail, CO

Vail Sep 9, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Amtrak bus services from Denver to Vail do not run directly from the International airport. Does anyone have any suggestions as to bus services similar that are not chartered bus services like CME?

• 7-8 hrs available....is it enough time to drive Trail ridge Dr?

Colorado Aug 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM

We will be overnighting in Boulder, have a meeting in the morning until 9 A.M and fly out of DEN at 5:10. Would we have time to drive Trail Ridge and make it back in time for our flight? If not, any other ideas for scenic drives and wildlife. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    • Ride from Denver to Telluride at night?

Telluride Aug 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Hello,
      We arrive to Denver at 11pm. We thought we could drive to Telluride that same night (3 of us) and arrive the next morning. That ways we would have an extra day in Telluride/vicinity to enjoy. We would enjoy the ride back to Denver 8 days later, during the day and taking our time.
      Is it OK to drive to Telluride at night. We heard that deers can be an issue.
      Any comments????
      Thank You.

• tourist rights

Colorado Jul 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM

i`m a tourist here visiting a friend this friend sent me the ticket and the invitation but now he treats me bad and disturb me more and more , he invited me and send me a 2 moths ticket but now he wants me to leave his home afer just one month how can I protect my right

6 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • Clubs

Colorado Springs Jul 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Does the Gold Dusk saloon or Grahams night clud or the Almuni club still exist