Colonia del Sacramento Travel Answers

change location
Sophie74's Profile Photo

Cost of a return trip to Colonia from BA

by Sophie74 Online Now Oct 7, 2005 at 1:37 AM

Hi
Was wanting to get to Colonia for the day and wanted to know the difference in price between the hydrofoil (1 hour) and the ferry (3 hours). InUS if possible. We only want to go for the day. Would 4 hours be enough time in Colonia? Or do we need 6?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • puppis's Profile Photo

RE: Cost of a return trip to Colonia from BA

by puppis Online Now Oct 7, 2005 at 8:58 AM

The round trip with the fastest boat costs 214 pesos (about 74 dollars). It includes the lunch and the city tour.
    If you take the 3 hs boat, it costs 100 pesos (about 33 dollars), including the same servicies above indicated.
    With the slow boat, you arrive at noon, then you are taken to the restaurant and then to the city tour. This tour is partly by bus, and partly on foot (in the oldest part of the town). You dont have many spare time to go by yourself before they take you again to the port. And the same occurs with the fast boat.
    I think that being there for the first time, it's good to accept doing the city tour. My impression is that to pay 74 dollars just to get fast is a kind of robbery. Besides, the slow trip lets you to enjoy the Sun on board and see the BA coast getting far as well as the uruguayan cost approaching. That's nice.
    And when you go back BA, the view of the sunset is very pleasant, as well as the city lights on the horizon.
    About how much time to visit Colonia, the best in my opinion is to overnight there (the sunset, the lazy walks with no destination, etc, etc); but the city tour is quite complete.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Colonia del Sacramento