Travel Answers
Colombia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any experience with getting a Colombian visa /e-visa?

Colombia May 19, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I am traveling to Ecuador in July, and would love to spend a couple of weeks in Bogota on my way in or out, since it's where I am flying into anyway. However, I do need a visa for Colombia - and since I live in Macedonia, and don't have a Colombian embassy and/or consulate here, it seems like the easiest way to go for it would be to go for the e-visa.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with going through the process? On the official website, it says that once the e-visa has been approved, one still has to get a stamp in their passport - either in the Visa and Immigration Office in Bogota, or in the nearest consulate. I have a couple of questions:

• Does it make a difference whether I'd get the stamp in Colombia or in a consulate in a neighboring country?
      • Is getting the e-visa the same as getting a regular visa? Do I stand more chances in getting it if I actually go to the nearest embassy? (which, as it turns out, isn't close to my country at all, so e-visa would still be the best option for me)
      • Is getting a Colombian visa a fair possibility? I mean, if I have all the right documents etc, should I be worried about not getting it?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Any extra info on this would be more than welcome :-)

All the best,
      Nina

more
    • naomixxx's Profile Photo

Buses from Cartegena to Bahia Solano

Colombia May 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Hi I will be staying in Categena a few days in September before moving on to Bahia Solano to do the whale watching, is it possible to get a bus , or do I have to fly to Medellin and go from there to Bahia Solano? Any help appreciated

more
    • Age limits

Bogotá May 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Hi,
      I was wondering if there are age limits in Bogota (drinking, nightclub entry, driving etc.)

more
    • bogota, medellin and cartagena in 10 days

Bogotá Apr 25, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Hi!
      Can anybody please advise me what to do in bogota where I will stay for 3 1/2 days, in Cartagena for 2 days and in Medellín for 3 days and then I´ll return to Bogota for another two days???
      Thank you, please write son!

more
    • Any experience with getting a Colombian visa /e-visa?

Colombia May 19, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I am traveling to Ecuador in July, and would love to spend a couple of weeks in Bogota on my way in or out, since it's where I am flying into anyway. However, I do need a visa for Colombia - and since I live in Macedonia, and don't have a Colombian embassy and/or consulate here, it seems like the easiest way to go for it would be to go for the e-visa.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with going through the process? On the official website, it says that once the e-visa has been approved, one still has to get a stamp in their passport - either in the Visa and Immigration Office in Bogota, or in the nearest consulate. I have a couple of questions:

• Does it make a difference whether I'd get the stamp in Colombia or in a consulate in a neighboring country?
      • Is getting the e-visa the same as getting a regular visa? Do I stand more chances in getting it if I actually go to the nearest embassy? (which, as it turns out, isn't close to my country at all, so e-visa would still be the best option for me)
      • Is getting a Colombian visa a fair possibility? I mean, if I have all the right documents etc, should I be worried about not getting it?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Any extra info on this would be more than welcome :-)

All the best,
      Nina

1 Answer May 19, 2015 at 2:39 PM
    • Age limits

Bogotá May 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Hi,
      I was wondering if there are age limits in Bogota (drinking, nightclub entry, driving etc.)

3 Answers May 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Buses from Cartegena to Bahia Solano

Colombia May 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Hi I will be staying in Categena a few days in September before moving on to Bahia Solano to do the whale watching, is it possible to get a bus , or do I have to fly to Medellin and go from there to Bahia Solano? Any help appreciated

2 Answers May 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM
    • bogota, medellin and cartagena in 10 days

Bogotá Apr 25, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Hi!
      Can anybody please advise me what to do in bogota where I will stay for 3 1/2 days, in Cartagena for 2 days and in Medellín for 3 days and then I´ll return to Bogota for another two days???
      Thank you, please write son!

12 Answers May 9, 2015 at 8:38 PM
    • what to pack for amazon trip

Leticia Apr 20, 2015 at 5:43 PM

I would appreciate to get some feedback from people who have travelled to Leticia and went into the Amazon. I am planning to do a 10 days Amazon jungle tour. Could you recommend good and reliable agencies? What should I be packing?

16 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 1:12 AM
    • What should I pack for my Amazon Jungle Tour (Leticia)

Leticia Apr 20, 2015 at 5:27 PM

I would appreciate to get some feedback from people who have travelled to Leticia and went into the Amazon. I am planning to do a 10 days Amazon jungle tour. Could you recommend good and reliable agencies? What should I be packing?

Thx

4 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 1:43 AM
    • USA_Bosque's Profile Photo

what are the "must do's" in Bucaramanga

Bucaramanga Apr 13, 2015 at 11:02 PM

I'm going to Bucaramanga this summer for 25 days to submerse myself in the Latin culture. I will be staying in the La Aurora district. I want to do some things that I will remember for ever.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2015 at 1:30 AM
    • Divino-Nino

Colombia Mar 28, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Good day. Does anyone know where town of Divino Niño is? It is a small community about 1/2 an hour from Bogota. It doesn't seem to appear on any maps on the internet. Will be staying in Bogota for a few day's for travel to this community. I have been trying to find it's location to see where it is located.
      Just an FYI.
      There is also another city called Divino Niño that is located in the Huila region 12 kms outside of Pitalito, but that is not the town I am seeking the location and photo's of.

thanks for anyone who knows anything about this town / community outside of Bogota.

4 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 2:54 PM
    • Safe in Armenia Columbia

Armenia Mar 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Me and my 20 year old daughter are planning a trip to Armenia Colombia to see one of her college friends that lives in Armenia over the summer. I am needing to know if it is safe to travel there? And any other info to make me feel comfortable about going there. Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Beaches to go in September

Colombia Mar 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM

I am travelling to Colombia in September, spending 2 days in Bogota then plan to fly to Santa Marta, was hoping to relax on some nice beaches, do some salsa and go whale watching. I'll have a week to do this. Can anyone advise me the best place to do this, and is there any beaches that will have decent weather and be not too wet then? Was going to visit Tayrona but it seems the weather will not be that good. Any help appreciated :-)

1 Answer Mar 27, 2015 at 4:04 PM
    • places in China

Colombia Mar 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM

good afternoon, I want to know what are the main places in China?

4 Answers Mar 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM
    • I want to go to Nuquí- Colombia

Colombia Mar 10, 2015 at 6:12 AM

I want to visit Nuquí, which places do you recomend me to visit there?
      I want to go to see whales and I would like to know which other activities I can do there?

1 Answer Mar 10, 2015 at 7:19 AM
    • Metrocable

Medellín Feb 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Como llego al metrocable desde Laureles? cual es el costo?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2015 at 1:12 AM
    • ramartinez369054's Profile Photo

having fun staying safe and saving money

Cali Feb 13, 2015 at 2:26 PM

i am gong to cali this year 2015 march 7 to march 17 and would like to know where would be nice to go to stay the night that isnt too expensive maybey 50 dollars a night but nice and close to where i want to be wich is where the fun is . i want to dance and have a few drinks and stay safe i dont want to be on the wrong side of town any advice??

1 Answer Feb 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • entry and exit dates

Colombia Feb 11, 2015 at 12:59 PM

I am going to Colombia for 125days this year.i will extend my tourist visa when I get there.will there be a problem if my airline ticket shows a return date past 90 days when I enter the country.thanks

1 Answer Feb 11, 2015 at 10:56 PM
    • tuti_plaate's Profile Photo

Indonesian Restaurant in Bogotá, Colombia

Bogotá Feb 10, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I took my friends to an Indonesian restaurant in Willemstad, Curacao and they loved it so much. Now I am wondering if they could have an Indonesische "rijsttafel" in Bogotá. Is there an Indonesian restaurant in Bogotá?

4 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    • apuleuis's Profile Photo

St, Joseph Day

Colombia Feb 8, 2015 at 6:57 PM

I will be visiting Colombia over St. Joseph day. Is that the type of holiday where hotels will book up quickly? Will a lot of places be closed? Are there usually events to be watched (I'll be in Cartagena or Santa Marta)? We don't have the holiday in the US, so I have no idea what type of holiday it is.

• d6500k's Profile Photo

Looking for travel from Houston IAH

Isla de Providencia Feb 8, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Found this island while tracking a friends towing vessel (Corbin Foss). Looks very laid back yet with great snorkeling potential. It appears that there are a few Hotels, the Miss Alma piquing my interest.

I need to get there although and no sites seem to be really thourough. I'd think that Iah to Costa Rica to San Andres to Providencia might work but options are welcome. 

Thinking of two weeks during the off season, perhaps March next year or Late August / Sept. this year.

Any info from you folks is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Doug

1 Answer Feb 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • El Centro or Rodadero

Santa Marta Jan 25, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Hi
      I have a couple of days R&R in Santa Marta, which is the better area to stay in
      El Centro or Rodadero,
      any suggestiions would be appreciated
      thanks
      Kaye

3 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 11:51 PM
    • Santa Marta

Bogotá Jan 25, 2015 at 11:10 PM

Hi
      I have a couple of days to spend in Santa Marta, and am wondering which is the better location to stay, El Centro or Rodadero beach.
      appreciate any thoughts or suggestions
      thanks
      Kaye

2 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    • Tour company

Bogotá Jan 25, 2015 at 11:06 PM

hi
      i have a day to spend in Bogota and would like to see as much of it as possible in that time, does anyone know of a reputable and not overpriced tour company that runs day tours to encompass the main sights
      appreciate any suggestions or help
      thanks
      kaye

• apuleuis's Profile Photo

ATVing in Santa Marta Area

Santa Marta Jan 8, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Do you know of a good tour group to go ATVing with or do you know if it is possible to just rent ATVs (four-wheelers) once there? I contacted a few places I found online but they said they are not currently doing ATV trips.

1 Answer Jan 8, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    • zofiazo's Profile Photo

long term flat- vacation rental

Barranquilla Jan 6, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Hello,
      my boyfriend and me just came to Barranquilla where we will start to work - we are therefore looking for a long term flat (300.000 - max. 500.000 COP per month), best would be in the barrios 'Boston' or 'El Recreo' or somewhere around the direction Carrera 38 No 69 (thats where the company is).

It would also be perfect to rent something cheaper than a hotel for 2 weeks from now in which we could find a long term flat.

Thanks in advance for every recomendations!!

7 Answers Jan 7, 2015 at 10:28 AM
    • Hotel/hostal in Cartagena

Colombia Dec 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Hello all.
      Can anyone recomend a reasonably-priced hotel (ie US$50 or so) in central/old town Cartegena (I have trouble walking too far). We'll be there for probably 5 nights (in late Jan/early Feb) so anywhere which will offer discounts is particularly interesting.

3 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 11:42 AM
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Tours to Ciudad Perdida (lost city) and La Guajira

Colombia Dec 8, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Hi
      Anyone has any suggestions on tour agencies to Ciudad perdida. All I've seen charge the same $600,000 COP for 4 days.
      Also, in order to keep on budget, any suggestions to got to Palomino and Cabo de la vela withour a tour or a tour is a must.
      Tks!

1 Answer Dec 9, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Casa Baluarte

Cartagena Nov 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Anybody had stayed at Casa Baluarte?How was it? im preteding to stay there?

• how to hav fun

Cartagena Nov 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Im planning to trip to Colombia in Jan to Feb. and i will stay in Cartagena for few days in weekend. Somebody can give me some recomendations what to do there? Im single man.
      And place to stay aswell.

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

colombia beaches

Colombia Nov 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Can anyone recommend a beach with calm water with a mid level or luxury hotel, not too developed, preferably white or golden sand? Looked at San Andres and Providentale(sorry about the spelling) but they seemed to be a hassle to get there.

• LRCVIV's Profile Photo

How safe is it to retire in Cali, Columbia?

Cali Oct 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I've read Cali is a dangerous city. It has about twice the murder rate where I live now. I was thinking about possibly retiring there. Can anyone tell me how dangerous is it for foreign nationals?

5 Answers Feb 18, 2015 at 2:01 PM
    • Jungle trip Amazon - book in advance?

Leticia Oct 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning to go to Leticia in December to join a 2/3/4 dans jungle trip from there. Do hou have to book this trip in advance or can I book this trip in the dag of arrival in Leticia?
      Hope someone can help me :-)

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM