Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Tours to Ciudad Perdida (lost city) and La Guajira

Colombia Dec 8, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Hi
      Anyone has any suggestions on tour agencies to Ciudad perdida. All I've seen charge the same $600,000 COP for 4 days.
      Also, in order to keep on budget, any suggestions to got to Palomino and Cabo de la vela withour a tour or a tour is a must.
      Tks!

1 Answer Dec 9, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Casa Baluarte

Cartagena Nov 20, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Anybody had stayed at Casa Baluarte?How was it? im preteding to stay there?

• how to hav fun

Cartagena Nov 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Im planning to trip to Colombia in Jan to Feb. and i will stay in Cartagena for few days in weekend. Somebody can give me some recomendations what to do there? Im single man.
      And place to stay aswell.

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

colombia beaches

Colombia Nov 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Can anyone recommend a beach with calm water with a mid level or luxury hotel, not too developed, preferably white or golden sand? Looked at San Andres and Providentale(sorry about the spelling) but they seemed to be a hassle to get there.

• LRCVIV's Profile Photo

How safe is it to retire in Cali, Columbia?

Cali Oct 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I've read Cali is a dangerous city. It has about twice the murder rate where I live now. I was thinking about possibly retiring there. Can anyone tell me how dangerous is it for foreign nationals?

4 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • Jungle trip Amazon - book in advance?

Leticia Oct 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning to go to Leticia in December to join a 2/3/4 dans jungle trip from there. Do hou have to book this trip in advance or can I book this trip in the dag of arrival in Leticia?
      Hope someone can help me :-)

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Lodging....

Medellín Sep 24, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I'll spend a week or two in Medellin this December, ending on the 21st. Who has a particularly pleasant hostel/hotel/inn they can't wait to go back to?

2 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • El Poblado hotels

Medellín Sep 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM

First time in Medellin. Girls trip for 3 days. Where should I stay, El Park 10 or the BH El Poblado?

Like to be close to very walkable area.

1 Answer Sep 18, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • yumyum's Profile Photo

ATM limits in Neiva (Hoela) and San Augustin?

Colombia Sep 12, 2014 at 7:32 AM

I was told that the limit for one draw at an ATM is 300'000 of the local currency. Does anyone know any ATM in above towns that allows a higher draw in one go?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    • JohnTesta's Profile Photo

First time visiting Manizales

Manizales Sep 1, 2014 at 4:45 AM

smileyLike to meet members that are interested to meet me when for 2 weeks in Manizales. Will be busy during the day but like to meet and see the real people and places of Manizales. I am a very young senior Travel and Leisure Consultant Specialized in Marketing and Sales as well as in Crises Managment and Train-the-Trainer programme. Prof. Economiscs and Master in Maketing & Sales. Like to meet young members f.e. students that like to meet a crazy person from The Netherlands. Want to enjoy every minute of your beautiful city. Please react when you have time between Sept. 6th thru Sept. 20 2014 and only when you are a Funny and Happy person. Non smoker. Do speak "fair" spanish but you speak "fair" english. Will be fun. My name in South America is easy Juan de Holanda (John Testa) on Virtual Tourist. Looking forward to your reaction. Un saludo cordial Juancool

1 Answer Sep 1, 2014 at 4:52 AM
    • Hotels in cartagena

Colombia Aug 31, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I'm heading to cartagena and of January for 2 weeks and looking for a nice hotel on the beach and close to the night life. I would prefer a place that won't have to many families as I'm looking to have fun and party without having to listen to a bunch of screaming kids. Anyone have some good suggestions?
      Much appreciated

5 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • Spanish language schools and hostels

Cartagena Aug 18, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Hai! Does anyone have experience with Spanish language schools in Cartagena. Any tips are welcome, also about good hostels to stay:) Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • Arriving @ Bogota midnight and leaving early morning

Bogotá Jul 19, 2014 at 7:34 PM

I was not thinking (clearly) when I made the booking but anyways, here it is:
      Arriving @ Bogota 11:25p.m. Next flight is @ 6a.m. So, essentially, I have 5 hrs to kill. My options are look for a place to get some rest within the airport OR nearby OR take a cab and drive around for 1-2 hrs before getting back to the airport.

Can use some feedback for either option. Thanks …

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    • What to do in 36 hrs?

Bogotá Jul 18, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hi...coming september I am going with my 19 yo son to South America...Bogota will be the first time for both of us. We have 36 h stop over in Bogota, so I was wandering if anyone can give me some tips what to do in Bogota with a teenage boy. Thanks in advance, Darko

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • Baranguilla Jazz festival and things to experience in the surroundings of the festival area

Barranquilla Jul 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi there, I am considering to visit the Barranquilla jazz festival in september 2014. what hotels not far from the festival would you recommend. All I will need is a clean room, a good bed and breakfast. Any tips for things to do during the day and the nightlife in this area?

• Medellin Airport

Medellín Jul 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Is it dangerous to take a cab from the airport to Poblado late at night

1 Answer Aug 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    • Water Safety

Cartagena Jul 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Is the tap water safe to drink?

5 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Visiting a friend in exchange

Bogotá Jun 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Hi,

So I have a friend who's going to Bogota in August 2014 (until December) for an exchange.
      I am seriously thinking of visiting her in September, but before, I would like to know what is worth visiting around.
      So according to you, what are the nice places to go to in Bogota? Or any other interesting city in Columbia in general?

I would like to really discover the columbian culture and traditions, not just staying in the city. So please feel free to let me know if you have any good idea! Thank you all!

4 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    • exit tax for americans

Cartagena Jun 1, 2014 at 11:31 AM

do i have pay exit tax if i stay 15 days if so how much

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    • snorkeling in Tayrona park

Santa Marta May 31, 2014 at 7:38 PM

can you snorkel at Bahia concha?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Hotel in Silvia?

Silvia May 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Is there a decent hotel to stay in in Silvia?

• anakorb@yahoo.com

Bogotá May 22, 2014 at 6:28 AM

hi going back to Bogota in August.Had some issues 2 years ago with altitude sickness>blood pressure went up,felt edgy and exhausted.any suggestions?will be staying with family.

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 4:25 AM
    • Getting $$ to family

Cartagena May 12, 2014 at 9:25 AM

My son is currently on a boat headed to Cartagena, Columbia from Panama. While checking online with his bank before leaving they informed him that their ATM card would not be useable in Columbia. That is his only source of money. He has just a little cash to get him through this week, then he wants me to wire him money, or send him his new debit card from here in Oregon. Anyone have any advice???? Everything I read about wiring money did not sound good, and stressed using it as a very last resort. I would sure appreciate any help or recommendations on this!

4 Answers May 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    • Worth it to visit Bucaramanga?

Bucaramanga May 11, 2014 at 3:04 PM

My husband and I will be in Colombia for almost the entire month of June. Is it worth it for us to work in Bucaramanga into our itinerary?

• Travel advice.

Medellín Apr 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I will be in Medellin in mid-May 2014. Would like to meet locals for advise on what to see and to plan road trip to Ecuador coast.

• Left luggage

Zipaquirá Apr 27, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Where can I leave my luggage during the visit of the salt catherdral? Is there any left-luggage ore lockers?

• inexpensive lodging

Barranquilla Apr 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM

where can we find, pension type, live in someones home, lodging?

• Bogota tour

Bogotá Mar 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Any of you experts can figure out for me - a 4 1/2 day tour of Bogota?
      Museums, restaurants, major sights, different neighborhoods, some local shopping but not that much artesanias, Leather and some custom jewelry. Art - paintings if not expensive.
      Even a bit out of the city - if time permits.

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    • Cigar bar?

Distrito Capital de Santafé de Bogotá Mar 17, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I love smoking cigars. Is there a cigar bar in Bogota? (I cannot even seem to find a tobacco shop in Bogota!). -Stan

• Afraid of Spiders

Barranquilla Mar 12, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I am deathly afraid of giant insects/spiders and am traveling to Barranquilla for business next week. Should I be afraid?