Colombia Travel Answers

change location
kgbfm's Profile Photo

Bogota or Medellin

by kgbfm Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hi,

I'm going to Colombia in May and can not decide on Bogota or Medellin. Anyone's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

Re: Bogota or Medellin

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Medellin for sure! Love it. Actually we skipped Bogota simply because it is listed as one of top 10 most dangerous city in the world. But a friend has been there several times and seems to enjoy it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kgbfm's Profile Photo

by kgbfm Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Thnk you very much I was coming to the same conclusion.

• Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM

To be fair, more information would be needed for a proper answer. What are you interested in? What are you looking for? How long will you be there? So on... so on....

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM

flip a coin and hope for Medellin. However,I do agree it would be nice for more info on your interest, Bogota has a great gold museum :;)

• martensd's Profile Photo

by martensd Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM

MEDELLIN.....still in my top three places Worldwide to return to! We even thought about getting a condo down there after our trip. Beautiful. We always make up a reason to visit a place and in this instance it was because we wanted to see where Pablo met his end. We stayed near the El Pablado area, really nice area. We rented a three bedroom condo, way up high, overlooking the pool. Cost about $120.00 a night five years ago. I still get updates from their website. If interested let me know and I can try to get you their site. I know they have many apartments for rent. We never felt threatened and even had our driver take us to the worse barrio in the city and we had a really good time there.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Never been to Medellin but i enjoyed Bogota with several attractions and day trips available. in Bogota visit the historic Plaza De Bolivar with several colonial buildings around the square, Muse del Oro as already mentioned, Donacion Botero, the Archealogical museum, Cerro de Monserrate for beautiful view of the city, Mercado de las Pulgas (sunday flea market). Day trips include the Salt Cathedral at Zipaquira, Guativita Nueva, , Laguna de Guatavita (El Dorado Lake)

2 members found this helpful

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 4:51 AM

I liked Bogotá very much and as the above post says there are many nice museums in Bogotá, the old neighborhood La Candelaria is a lovely place to stroll around in and the views are great from Monserrate.

I liked Madellín too. Most of all I enjoyed the paragliding I did on a sunny day outside Medellín. The Plazoleta de las Esculturas is a must with many Botero statues. Some of Botero’s work can also be seen at Museo de Antioquia. I made a daytrip to Santa Fe de Antioquia which is quiet little town with colonial architecture. If I was going again I would also make a daytrip to El Peñol and Guatapé.

1 member found this helpful

• martensd's Profile Photo

by martensd Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I tracked down the website of the condo we stayed in Medellin if you are interested?
    hotelmedellinplaza.com/rooms...
    Cheers

• avilla53's Profile Photo

by avilla53 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Hello. I'm Colombian and I live in Medellin. I think both cities are great to visit. Very different things to see and different weather. Would it be too hard to visit both?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Colombia Travel Answer Locations