change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ffugere's Profile Photo

Advice On Where To Stay

Düsseldorf Jan 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM

Hello, We are traveling to Dusseldorf and spending 3 days there and then not sure. We know that on the 25th we are going to fly to Rome. At first we were going to stay in Oberammergau for the next 6 days after Dusseldorf and then fly out of Munich to Rome. There are 5 of us and my daugter is 5 months pregnant. My wife wants to really visit the old german cities and shop and eat and stuff, my kids want to ski a couple days. not sure how close the ski resorts are to Oberammergau or is there somewhere better that might have both ski resorts and a airport so we wont have to travel so far to go to the airport. Any suggestions? Should I keep my current plans or maybe pick somewhere besides Oberammergau that has both ski resorts and a major airport 10-15 minutes away?

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Journey from northern Italy to Aachen by train/bus.

Aachen Jan 7, 2015 at 1:47 AM

How would it be possible to travel from (let's say Milan, Venice or other places in northern Italy) to Aachen by train (and bus)? Would it be a very long journey? is it better to book a flight to Germany? To where?

Thanks since now for all your replies.

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

New Year (Sylvester) in Cologne

by n4nova Online Now Dec 30, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I am planning to visit Cologne for new year. I will be reaching cologne around 8pm on 31st Dec and have a plan to see the fireworks and return by the train at 4am. Can anyone please suggest me what to do after the fireworks in Cologne.. Is there anything else as well?

2 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • Need help - trains

by NiallH Online Now Dec 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hey guys
      What platform/train to I get to go to hotel Six, Markt 6
      Brühl, 50321, germany.

I have no clue of what stop I need to get off at or the cost for two people. Any help is much appreciated

Niall

4 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • Ger34's Profile Photo

Colongne festival weekend 26th September

by Ger34 Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hi all,
      I will be in Cologne this weekend...just realised there is some sort of beer festival...lucky me! I am wondering is the festival in a hall or park...or just across the city. Any other info appreciated.

4 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    • cologne, germany

by HannahF5 Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM

What are the main attractions in cologne

6 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
    • My first visit to Germany

by LuisaP5 Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM

having a hard time deciding wether to buy a railpass or airline ticket. Will land in Dusseldorf then train to Cologne where I stay for few days, then I want to go to Munich for two-three days, take a day trip to the castle, then I go to Italy to Genoa then to Brindisi. Panicking now with all the tips I get about what to do to communicate with my family in the USA (this is my first trip to Germany) get a prepaid phone card as I;ve done in the past or a SIMs card? I will arrive in Germany first week of September, my friend told me the climate will be cold.

5 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • One place to go in Colone

by barkha14 Online Now May 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Hello I am visiting Germany for the first time in my life
      Will be living in Leverkusen and want to visit Cologne
      What is the one thing I Should do there
      One place I should visit
      One souvenir I should buy
      Please let me know

5 Answers May 13, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • Pumkip's Profile Photo

fireworks on 19th july 2014

by Pumkip Online Now May 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM

is it a big fireworks in Cologne on 19th july 2014?
      thanks!
      Sandro

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • Pumkip's Profile Photo

Cologne Lights -19 Jul 2014

by Pumkip Online Now May 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

I'm from Hong Kong and will visit Germany this mid July.
      is the fireworks worth to see? as I've to plan for it.

http://www.germany.travel/en/events/events/festivals-funfairs/cologne-lights.html

thanks for your advice!

Sandro

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    • Lockers at cologne airport

by TinaN12 Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Are there lockers available for luggage at cologne airport as I would like to visit the city before going to langerfeld

3 Answers May 2, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Evening Shopping or Places to see?

by kop-queen Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Hi, we will be in Cologne this weekend for a daytime event. Arriving 5pm 21st Nov Thursday evening, leaving early on Monday.Our days are accounted for but wondering if there is anything to access in the evenings apart from restaurants and bars? We are staying at Park Inn by Radisson Köln Belfortstraße which I believe is a 15-minute walk north of Cologne’s Old Town? Any Christmas shopping markets?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Visiting Cologne on the 27th for a few days

by lettychuffy Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Hello
      I was thinking of visiting Cologne from the 27th December until the 30th of December.
      Is it a good time to visit

14 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • cottonstone's Profile Photo

reaching chocolate museum

by cottonstone Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM

hello..

i read that there is a "schoko-express" that runs between cologne cathedral and the chocolate museum. can anyone tell me more about the timings of it and the fares??

also line 106 has a stop at chocolate museum?? it would be really helpful if some one could give me the timings and the fares for 106 line too..!! :)

thankyou!

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • cottonstone's Profile Photo

Cologne in 1 day

by cottonstone Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hello
      I am planning a one day trip to cologne on 22 or 23 of November this year.
      Can some one give me a rough idea on what all places I should visit in a day's time?
      Thank you!

17 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    • Lufthansa Rail&Fly

by ChocoKat Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is much difference in price booking a train from Frankfurt airport to Cologne with the Lufthansa Rail&Fly option to the normal train sites? Is there any benefits to using Rail&Fly? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Accommodation & Transport Links

by kop-queen Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We are attending a 3 day event at Heinrichshof, Heinrichshofweg 6, 50769 Cologne, in November and need overnight accommodation. We would prefer not to hire a car so something within walking distance of the venue or train/bus routes would be ideal. Looking for medium /low budget - clean and friendly. Can anyone advise please?

6 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    • Afternoon and night in Cologne

by blondieblue Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

What should I do with free time in afternoon and evening inCologne?

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    • Flooding affecting Cologne + Cologne to Brussels and Back

by asitava Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hi, we (I, my wife and my 7 yr old son) will be in Berlin the last week of July. I intended to spend a few days in Cologne (travelling by train from Berlin) and then probably go to Brussels for a 2 day trip and then back to Berlin. Wanted to know:

(i) Has the flooding affected the Berlin to Cologne rail route ?
      (ii) Do the trains (Berlin to Cologne, Cologne to Brussels) have enough luggage space in the trains ? Will travel with a couple of reasonably large suitcases.

Thanks for your help in advance

3 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Solo Travel around the Christmas Markets?

by BBaKiwi Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I have never been to Europe before, but it's a dream of mine to visit a christmas market or two in Germany. The problem however, is that I'd had to travel this by myself ~ while I don't have any fear of doing this, I just wanted to see what people thought about safety etc. I'd be 20 by the time I travel, but wouldn't be looking to see the partying side of the city (my thoughts at this stage is Cologne/Aachen) - just experience a Northern Hemisphere Christmas. Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated. should I just be looking at tour groups who do these breaks?

6 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    • weekend in cologne

by meporun Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM

hi, i will be in cologn on 27 april weekend. i m interested in shopping and pascha club. i prefer shopping on saturday and visting pascha brothel on sunday morning. please advice.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • Osk's Profile Photo

Apartment hotel in Cologne

by Osk Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM

We are a group of people travelling to Cologne, Germany, and we would like to stay at an apartment hotel.
      Can anyone recommend apartments in Cologne? :)

4 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Altynai's Profile Photo

Medieval accessories

by Altynai Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Where can i shop for Medieval-style (not necessarily genuine) accessories (earrings, bracelets, and stuff). Vielen Danke in advance!

1 Answer Feb 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    • cologne

by LuzdoSol Online Now Dec 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hii!!
      I am going to cologne on next day 29. I would like to know how i can get myhotel-Hilton Cologne from the airport. I also like to know the best boat trip in Rhine River

4 Answers Dec 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    • JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Cologne to Bonn and then to Airport

by JohnnySpangles Online Now Dec 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Hi,
      I'm off to Cologne for two days but then want to go to Bonn for my last day...(looking forward to seeing the Macke paintings in the art gallery in Bonn)...my question is what is the cheapest and quickest way to get to central Bonn from central Koln (and how much is it likely to cost)?....then in the evening I have to get from central Bonn to Koln/Bonn airport for my flight home...what is the best/cheapest way to do that?
      Thanks for any help.
      Johnny.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2012 at 4:54 AM
    • Map of Cologne Christmas Markets

by Neilo65 Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Hello

I am off to Cologne 7th Dec and wondered if there is a map of the Christmas
      Markets.

Thanks
      Neil

5 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    • Where to eat during Christmas Markets

by powells3 Online Now Nov 23, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hello,

I am travelling to Cologne on Friday 7 December, in a group of 9 adults, and I would like to make a restaurant reservation for our first night. We would like a traditional restaurant, nothing too fancy, but with good food and a cozy atmosphere. I have looked on trip advisor, but all of the restaurants I have contacted are fully booked for this date.

We are staying at the Hilton and ideally we don't want to travel too far to eat, on our first night.

I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Sarah

4 Answers Nov 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    • monica88's Profile Photo

Public transportation during Christmas time??

by monica88 Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Hi again!

So I also wanted to know how is the public transportation in Köln 24 - 27.12? I've been looking online for the info bt cnt find anything. I know that in some places in Europe buses etc end around midday on Xmas Eve and start on boxing day. I would really appreciate some website where i can see this info! :)

Because I found good accomodation deals in the centre, but we want to stay near one of my relatives in Höhenburg/Kalk, so I need to know how easy it will be to move during those days from the centre to Höhenburg, or if I should just get a place closer by. Staying in the centre would have its perks though.
      Is Höhenburg far from the centre or is it walkable? :)

Thank u!

5 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    • trip to the city

by tamirbor Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Peace.
      I would like to help organize a trip to the city,
      We are a pair of 50-plus will be in Cologne from 11/12 to 15/12
      4 nights,
      We like markets, beautiful homes, shopping centers, sports shows, fine restaurants
      Thank you
      Boris

2 Answers Nov 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    • monica88's Profile Photo

What to do in Cologne during Christmas time??

by monica88 Online Now Nov 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Hi all!

I'm travelling to Cologne during the time period 24. - 27.12.2012. Im sad that im going to miss the Xmas market by one day, but what else can I do and see in the city during that time?
      I expect most things to be closed untill the 27th??

I will be going with my aunt, so I would love to treat her to a nice kölsch restaurant, which one do u recommend? :)

Thank you for your reply!

9 Answers Nov 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

getting to Koln from Bayteuth

by stevemt Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

What is the easiest and best way to travel this journey? Bus, or train?

Thanks

STEVE

7 Answers Sep 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • adin's Profile Photo

Cologne - 4 free hours in city center

by adin Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM

The bus from other place shall drop me in the city center on 11:00 for about 4 hours, until the pick-up to the airport. We are 2 adults and 3 children, age of 10 - 8.
      No knowledge of the language. First time in Germany.
      Assuming we will need 1 hour for lunch (is there any McDonald's around?), how would you suggest spend time, what to see, where to go, for such a short stop?
      please advice with basics instructions regarding streets, direction, tram line and stop etc.

5 Answers Aug 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM