What is the one thing I Should do there
      One place I should visit
      One souvenir I should buy
      Please let me know

5 Answers May 13, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • Pumkip's Profile Photo

fireworks on 19th july 2014

by Pumkip Online Now May 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM

is it a big fireworks in Cologne on 19th july 2014?
      thanks!
      Sandro

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • Pumkip's Profile Photo

Cologne Lights -19 Jul 2014

by Pumkip Online Now May 6, 2014 at 3:13 AM

I'm from Hong Kong and will visit Germany this mid July.
      is the fireworks worth to see? as I've to plan for it.

http://www.germany.travel/en/events/events/festivals-funfairs/cologne-lights.html

thanks for your advice!

Sandro

1 Answer May 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    • Lockers at cologne airport

by TinaN12 Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Are there lockers available for luggage at cologne airport as I would like to visit the city before going to langerfeld

3 Answers May 2, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Evening Shopping or Places to see?

by kop-queen Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Hi, we will be in Cologne this weekend for a daytime event. Arriving 5pm 21st Nov Thursday evening, leaving early on Monday.Our days are accounted for but wondering if there is anything to access in the evenings apart from restaurants and bars? We are staying at Park Inn by Radisson Köln Belfortstraße which I believe is a 15-minute walk north of Cologne’s Old Town? Any Christmas shopping markets?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Visiting Cologne on the 27th for a few days

by lettychuffy Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Hello
      I was thinking of visiting Cologne from the 27th December until the 30th of December.
      Is it a good time to visit

14 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • cottonstone's Profile Photo

reaching chocolate museum

by cottonstone Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM

hello..

i read that there is a "schoko-express" that runs between cologne cathedral and the chocolate museum. can anyone tell me more about the timings of it and the fares??

also line 106 has a stop at chocolate museum?? it would be really helpful if some one could give me the timings and the fares for 106 line too..!! :)

thankyou!

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • cottonstone's Profile Photo

Cologne in 1 day

by cottonstone Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hello
      I am planning a one day trip to cologne on 22 or 23 of November this year.
      Can some one give me a rough idea on what all places I should visit in a day's time?
      Thank you!

17 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    • Lufthansa Rail&Fly

by ChocoKat Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is much difference in price booking a train from Frankfurt airport to Cologne with the Lufthansa Rail&Fly option to the normal train sites? Is there any benefits to using Rail&Fly? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Accommodation & Transport Links

by kop-queen Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We are attending a 3 day event at Heinrichshof, Heinrichshofweg 6, 50769 Cologne, in November and need overnight accommodation. We would prefer not to hire a car so something within walking distance of the venue or train/bus routes would be ideal. Looking for medium /low budget - clean and friendly. Can anyone advise please?

6 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    • Afternoon and night in Cologne

by blondieblue Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM

What should I do with free time in afternoon and evening inCologne?

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    • Flooding affecting Cologne + Cologne to Brussels and Back

by asitava Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hi, we (I, my wife and my 7 yr old son) will be in Berlin the last week of July. I intended to spend a few days in Cologne (travelling by train from Berlin) and then probably go to Brussels for a 2 day trip and then back to Berlin. Wanted to know:

(i) Has the flooding affected the Berlin to Cologne rail route ?
      (ii) Do the trains (Berlin to Cologne, Cologne to Brussels) have enough luggage space in the trains ? Will travel with a couple of reasonably large suitcases.

Thanks for your help in advance

3 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • Solo Travel around the Christmas Markets?

by BBaKiwi Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I have never been to Europe before, but it's a dream of mine to visit a christmas market or two in Germany. The problem however, is that I'd had to travel this by myself ~ while I don't have any fear of doing this, I just wanted to see what people thought about safety etc. I'd be 20 by the time I travel, but wouldn't be looking to see the partying side of the city (my thoughts at this stage is Cologne/Aachen) - just experience a Northern Hemisphere Christmas. Any ideas/advice would be much appreciated. should I just be looking at tour groups who do these breaks?

6 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    • weekend in cologne

by meporun Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM

hi, i will be in cologn on 27 april weekend. i m interested in shopping and pascha club. i prefer shopping on saturday and visting pascha brothel on sunday morning. please advice.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • Osk's Profile Photo

Apartment hotel in Cologne

by Osk Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM

We are a group of people travelling to Cologne, Germany, and we would like to stay at an apartment hotel.
      Can anyone recommend apartments in Cologne? :)

4 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Altynai's Profile Photo

Medieval accessories

by Altynai Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Where can i shop for Medieval-style (not necessarily genuine) accessories (earrings, bracelets, and stuff). Vielen Danke in advance!

1 Answer Feb 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    • cologne

by LuzdoSol Online Now Dec 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hii!!
      I am going to cologne on next day 29. I would like to know how i can get myhotel-Hilton Cologne from the airport. I also like to know the best boat trip in Rhine River

4 Answers Dec 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    • JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Cologne to Bonn and then to Airport

by JohnnySpangles Online Now Dec 22, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Hi,
      I'm off to Cologne for two days but then want to go to Bonn for my last day...(looking forward to seeing the Macke paintings in the art gallery in Bonn)...my question is what is the cheapest and quickest way to get to central Bonn from central Koln (and how much is it likely to cost)?....then in the evening I have to get from central Bonn to Koln/Bonn airport for my flight home...what is the best/cheapest way to do that?
      Thanks for any help.
      Johnny.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2012 at 4:54 AM
    • Map of Cologne Christmas Markets

by Neilo65 Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Hello

I am off to Cologne 7th Dec and wondered if there is a map of the Christmas
      Markets.

Thanks
      Neil

5 Answers Nov 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    • Where to eat during Christmas Markets

by powells3 Online Now Nov 23, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Hello,

I am travelling to Cologne on Friday 7 December, in a group of 9 adults, and I would like to make a restaurant reservation for our first night. We would like a traditional restaurant, nothing too fancy, but with good food and a cozy atmosphere. I have looked on trip advisor, but all of the restaurants I have contacted are fully booked for this date.

We are staying at the Hilton and ideally we don't want to travel too far to eat, on our first night.

I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Sarah

4 Answers Nov 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    • monica88's Profile Photo

Public transportation during Christmas time??

by monica88 Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Hi again!

So I also wanted to know how is the public transportation in Köln 24 - 27.12? I've been looking online for the info bt cnt find anything. I know that in some places in Europe buses etc end around midday on Xmas Eve and start on boxing day. I would really appreciate some website where i can see this info! :)

Because I found good accomodation deals in the centre, but we want to stay near one of my relatives in Höhenburg/Kalk, so I need to know how easy it will be to move during those days from the centre to Höhenburg, or if I should just get a place closer by. Staying in the centre would have its perks though.
      Is Höhenburg far from the centre or is it walkable? :)

Thank u!

5 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    • trip to the city

by tamirbor Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Peace.
      I would like to help organize a trip to the city,
      We are a pair of 50-plus will be in Cologne from 11/12 to 15/12
      4 nights,
      We like markets, beautiful homes, shopping centers, sports shows, fine restaurants
      Thank you
      Boris

2 Answers Nov 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    • monica88's Profile Photo

What to do in Cologne during Christmas time??

by monica88 Online Now Nov 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Hi all!

I'm travelling to Cologne during the time period 24. - 27.12.2012. Im sad that im going to miss the Xmas market by one day, but what else can I do and see in the city during that time?
      I expect most things to be closed untill the 27th??

I will be going with my aunt, so I would love to treat her to a nice kölsch restaurant, which one do u recommend? :)

Thank you for your reply!

9 Answers Nov 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    • stevemt's Profile Photo

getting to Koln from Bayteuth

by stevemt Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

What is the easiest and best way to travel this journey? Bus, or train?

Thanks

STEVE

7 Answers Sep 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • adin's Profile Photo

Cologne - 4 free hours in city center

by adin Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM

The bus from other place shall drop me in the city center on 11:00 for about 4 hours, until the pick-up to the airport. We are 2 adults and 3 children, age of 10 - 8.
      No knowledge of the language. First time in Germany.
      Assuming we will need 1 hour for lunch (is there any McDonald's around?), how would you suggest spend time, what to see, where to go, for such a short stop?
      please advice with basics instructions regarding streets, direction, tram line and stop etc.

5 Answers Aug 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    • Cologne

by Prithviraj Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Is cologne safe for first time independent asain traveller

4 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    • LoSko's Profile Photo

Lockers at Messe - Deutz station

by LoSko Online Now Jun 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Are there any lockers in Messe Deutz station?

I will arrive in Koln by train and I need to go the Rheinpark zone for a couple of hours. Then I'll have to move back to an hotel in the center.

To save time I'd like to move directly to Messe Deutz station by train upon arrival at HBF (my train ticket allows it) avoiding to have to check in first to the hotel, move to Rheinpark, and then moving back to the hotel. Since I'm really in a hurry, that would save me the time of my first movement to the hotel.

Obviously it would mean that I should carry all the luggage with me during my short stay in Rheinpark. So I'm asking you if the Messe Deutz station provides any lockers service, and how much would it cost.

Thank you

7 Answers Jun 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    • gaolei's Profile Photo

Frankfort airport to Cologne express train

by gaolei Online Now May 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I understand that lufthansa airline has an arrangement where they include an express train ticket with the flight ticket. This gets you to Cologne on a train rather than air. Does anyone have experience with this?

Where does the train go to in Cologne? Does it go to downtown near the convention center, or does it go to the airport?
      How hard is it to figure out for an English only speaker?
      Anything else you can tell me about it, because the English sites don't give much specific information.

11 Answers May 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Cologne to Munich - Train, Bus, Air?

by haysnoe Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I am flying into Dusseldorf early in the day (flight lands from US at 0700). From there I will take local transport to Cologne to visit the cathedral (conveniently located right next to the train station) for several hours. I then need to get to Munich either later that day or by end of the next day.

My question: What is the most economical way to get to Munich from Cologne? A slow train or even a bus would be fine since I'll be jet-lagged and won't mind a slow pace. Most important consideration for me is price. Any help?

7 Answers Mar 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Hockey and accomodation in Cologne?

by Dee22 Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Hi VT'ers,

I'm going to travel around Europe via Interrail from this weekend, and plan to visit Cologne on February 28 as I'm a big hockeyfan and would like to catch the ganme between Cologne and Berlin that evening! Would it be easy to buy the ticket via the official website? Any tips or comments about the hockey in Colgne? Maybe where the fans go after the games?

And I would like suggestions on where to sleep as well, as I'll leave the city the next day. Any cheap places nearby the hockeyarena?

Best regards!

Brian

3 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 4:24 AM