Colmar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation

Rosenwiller Jul 6, 2014 at 9:18 AM

What public transportation is available from the Strasbourg train station to Rosenwiller

more
    • mulhouse trainstation hours of operation

Mulhouse Jun 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM

where do passengers wait between trains after midnight and before 5AM

more
    • elisabethsb's Profile Photo

Walking to Struthof

Natzwiller Jun 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Hello! I am visiting the museum and former camp at Struthof, as part of my research about the interplay of collective memory and war museums. I am very excited about this visit, as I have heard the site is a must-see, but am finding the logistics difficult.

After talking to the local tourism office, I've decided to take an early-morning train to Rothau. From there, my plan is to walk to the camp. The tourism office gave me some instructions about which hiking paths to take, but I was wondering if anyone here had any advice. I am ready for a long, relatively difficult walk, but just don't want to get lost out in the woods. (I know I said "I never want to leave Alsace..." but I didn't mean it that way!)

Thank you!!

more
    • shops and activities in colmar

by GiwrgosK Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 3:31 AM

i would to ask if someone knows abou the shops and all the other stuffs museums and etc are openning in sundays.thank you

1 Answer Jun 6, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Laglio to Colmar via Switzerland

by dandjmounsher Online Now Apr 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM

We are planning to travel from Laglio, in Lake Como district, to Colmar in France. We were hoping to travel there through the Swiss Alps, rather than travelling through the French countryside. We are booked into Colmar the same afternoon/evening that we depart Laglio so cannot stop along the way but would love a scenic trip. Any ideas?

With thanks, D. and J.

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 1:49 AM
    • Train options to Colmar

by dandjmounsher Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM

We would like to travel from Milan to Colmar by train. Do we need to change trains? Is the overnight option on Thello in a sleeper cabin for two a reasonably priced option? How long does the journey take?
      Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    • English speaking endocrinologist in colmar

by Iamsunshine1 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 7:48 AM

There are three endocrinologists in colmar, how do I find out if they speak english?

4 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    • Closed on 1st May?

by mkairouz Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Do the Colmar restaurants and shops close on public holidays like 1st May 2014?

2 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 6:57 AM
    • Any recommended Colmar tour guide

by dxdragon Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Hi, anyone know of a local tour guide in Colmar? Need one on the 24Dec .

Tks
      Olevia

5 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    • how to get to ribeuvill, riquilwer and egisheim

by mamakista11 Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Does the bus or train service these villages better?

5 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • Day coach tour from Colmar

by lesmurdie Online Now Nov 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Is there a local coach tour company offering day trips out of Colmar.

lesmudie

2 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    • Colmar Laundromat

by nbt9p54 Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Is there a laundromat available in Colmar near the old town area? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    • Colmar to Lapoutroie?

by Rose13 Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Is there public transportation from Colmar to Lapoutroie? Or, is taxi service available? We will be attending a wedding in August and arriving by train.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • street name change

by bekra Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

When I visit Colmar next year for the second time, I would like to look up an address dating from WWII. Apparently the name of the street has been changed. Does anyone know the current name of barbarossastrasse...or know how I can find out?

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • Charming Bed and Breakfast

by TravellingCA Online Now Jun 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for all your help. We are planning on visiting Colmar in August and would like to stay in a nice bed and breakfast. We're looking for something that's charming and romantic (if possible). If not in Colmar then nearby is also good (we come by car).

All suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

CA

9 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • where to go in colmar

by gopherfaith Online Now May 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

we are driving into colmar from Freiburg, Germany. Is there a central area we should try to park our car so that we can walk around and see shops, restaurants, local attractions?

5 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 4:04 AM
    • Colmar or Annecy?

by AussieScho Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Which of these towns do you recommend for a couple of relaxing days towards the end of a trip, probably in spring/early summer next year.

7 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    • Scooter rental in Colmar

by mercer32 Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 4:33 AM

I want to rent a scooter near Colmar in July. Can anyone recommend a rental place?

1 Answer Apr 1, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • How to leave Colmar, France for Strasbourg

by moovnon Online Now Jan 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

We will be driving into Colmar, France from Italy. We plan to leave Colmar for Strasbourg to take the fast train to Paris. We are afraid of driving in to Strasbourg to find the train station and were hoping to take the train from Colmar to Strasbourg.

If we rent from Auto Europe, the drop off for the rental car is the Colmar Huessan Airport. Is there a bus at the airport that will take us back to the Colmar train station, or better yet, to Strasbourg? Any and all advice is appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Moovnon

3 Answers Jan 22, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • sanjuro66's Profile Photo

Language

by sanjuro66 Online Now May 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Hello!
      I will be staying a few days in Colmar, France. I realize that English is not frequently spoken there. I can communicate in French to some degree and a little (very little) in German. Which is more polite French or German? (taking under consideration the back-and-forth history). And "Alsatian"...is that frequently spoken?

Henry :)

10 Answers May 20, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    • Daytrip to Colmar from Strasbourg

by ruben__ariel Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Hi,
      My wife and I will stay in Strasbourg a few days and we want to make a day trip to Colmar. The options to go to Colmar are on Sunday or on Monday. What day would be better taking into account shops, tourist attractions and, probably, a short trip by bus to Eguisheim or Riquewihr? Besides walking around town, we'd like to go to some shops, churches, cafes, etc.
      Thank you,
      Ruben

3 Answers Jun 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM
    • Train from Strasbourg to Colmar

by Chargap Online Now Nov 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM

We are flying from Charles de Gaulle and we arrive Strasbourg around 6pm and have a hotel reservation in Colmar--how late do the local trains run and where can I find a schedule? We are from Canada so not familiar with your local trains

8 Answers Dec 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    • baggage services from Strasbourg to Colmar

by robmc52 Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Hi

We plan to walk from Obernai to colmar staying in Gites and B and B s. Is there any company that will transport luggage either from hotel to hotel or from Strasbourg to Colmar?

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 17, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    • nature guide

by ediaswary Online Now Nov 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

looking for guide half day november 12 to col schlucht + lac blanc etc.

1 Answer Nov 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    • Lorraineusa

by Lorraineusa Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I would like the hours of Masses at L'Eglise St. Martin in Colmar

1 Answer Aug 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    • Means of transport in Colmar surroundings

by mapi72 Online Now Oct 11, 2008 at 6:07 PM

I would like to visit Colmar and sourroundings in the first week of December.
      Do you know where I can find information and timetables about buses connecting Colmar to the villages on the Wine Route?
      I'm interested in Ribeauville, Riquewihr and Kaysersberg, in particular.
      I found only one line for Ribeauville and Riquewihr (Line 106, few connections a day). I wonder if you know other lines or other cheap means of transport leading to these villages.
      Any suggestion such as places and villages to visit are welcome.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 12, 2008 at 4:40 AM
    • B + B or small hotel between Colmar and Strasbourg

by lindanne Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 1:32 AM

Would be pleased to have a recommendation for a nice bed and breakfast place or inexpensive hotel somewhere along the wine road between Colmar and Strasbourg - preferably nearer to Colmar.
      Thanks for any advice!

4 Answers Sep 7, 2008 at 3:13 AM
    • Need some information in Colmar

by PL055123 Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there's any place where I can leave my luggage for a few hours at the Colmar train station.

My husband and I are planning to go there for a couple of hours on our way back to Basel from Strassbourg.

Is the old town walkable from the train station ?

Thanks for your help
      Pauline

1 Answer Jun 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM
    • Getting around Colmar France

by Robinska Online Now May 18, 2008 at 1:49 PM

I want to know how to get from Colmar to Riquewihr...without a car. I have visited Colmar before but had a car and it was very easy. But this time, I will arrive by train and would like to know if there is any way to get to Riquewihr and other small villages by taxi or private driver. I would love to hire someone to drive us around for 1/2 a day but can't find anything on the internet to arrange this. Can anyone suggest a solution?
      Thank, Kathy

3 Answers May 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    • Getting around in Colmar

by springchick27 Online Now Apr 12, 2008 at 11:23 AM

We will be in Colmar for a very short period of time; perhaps 6 hours. What is the best way to make the most of our time?

7 Answers Jul 18, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    • Alsacian glassware

by ElizabethEarnest Online Now Mar 23, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Gentlepersons: when in Colmar I purchased a dozen Alsacian wine glasses. The stems were green; the stems plus 4-5 ounce bowl were 8 inches high. I got them in a general/hardware store. Everywhere we ate, our wine was always served in these glasses. How may I order more -perhaps 2 dozen? Thank you very much. Elizabeth Earnest

1 Answer Mar 24, 2008 at 1:49 AM
    • Need a driver?

by krob Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 4:13 PM

My friend and I will be in Colmar for 1 day in July. We would like to spend about 4 hours there and then get a driver to take us to several of the surrounding village towns. Does anytone have any suggestions of houw to get a guide? Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2008 at 9:05 PM
    • Best time of year to visit Colmar area and is English widely spoken?

by bythecee521 Online Now Oct 20, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Hello,
      I am following my dad's path during WWII and plan on visiting Colmar in 2008. I will be traveling from the US. I do not know the French language and am a bit nervous about being able to get along ok while I am there. Also, what is the best time to visit?
      Many thanks-

11 Answers Nov 17, 2007 at 3:09 AM