Lorraineusa

by Lorraineusa Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I would like the hours of Masses at L'Eglise St. Martin in Colmar

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Lorraineusa

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I checked all the web sites I could find for Mass times and had no luck. You may find it easier to check the church when you are there. You will want to go before Mass anyway to take photos so just check Mass times while visiting for touristic reasons. It is a large city church and a cathedral so there will be at least one and probably several Masses.

We've discovered in smaller towns in France, often several towns share a priest so each town will not have Mass every Sunday. There aren't enough priests for all the parishes so they visit several churches one Sunday, several more the next Sunday and continue this rotation. Usually each church will have the town and time posted so if you are staying in one town, you may have to drive quite a way to find a nearby town for Sunday Mass.

You can also ask at your hotel, but we've also been given incorrect information many times so we go directly to the church and find the time and place posted at the church. Another failsafe method is to get up and ready for church. Then wait until the church bells go crazy. It is time to head for church. Obviously this only works if there is a church having Mass that particular Sunday in that particular town. ;^)

Often town Tourist Offices will have church information.

Enjoy Colmar and don't miss the Isenheim Altarpiece at the Unterlinden Museum. The entire museum is very nicely done and they have free audio guides which makes it easier to appreciate what you are seeing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines