Colmar Travel Answers

change location

Hiking (Route des Vins)

by zanyduke Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Will be staying in Colmars. Would like to go around the region using Route des Vins. Any places to recommend? Is there any public transport to take?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Hiking (Route des Vins)

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 10:10 PM

visit-alsace.com/colmar/inde...

You can find some information at the above web site. There are buses and trains. Be sure to stop at the Tourist Office in Colmar when you arrive. They have maps of hiking trails and can help you with transportation.

Colmar itself is a lovely town. You may also want to visit Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle nearby. Each of the little wine villages is a gem so visit as many as you can. We particularly enjoyed Ribeauville and Obernai. There is a marvelous hiking trail through Mont Ste. Odile and the views from the abbey at the top are amazing. You can see as far as the Rhine on a clear day.

You can take the train from Colmar to Strasbourg and it is definitely worth a visit.

Type the names of some of the places you want to visit into the VT Search Window above and see what Tips VT members have put on their Travel Pages. There should be a lot of information here to help you.

Good luck. It's a beautiful area of France. Enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Hiking (Route des Vins)

by ATLC Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 12:00 AM

You've just triggered my memory, Sally. About St. Odile.
    Was there too. Pre-digital camera era :-)
    I doubt if I have a photo even!
    But I looked on the internet and yep, definitely remember it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines