change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• NewYorktoDublin's Profile Photo

Travelling solo

Dublin Oct 2, 2015 at 12:06 PM

I'm spending 5 days in Dublin from the 12 th of October until the 17th. I'm staying at the castle hotel. I have some tons of research on how to stay away from tourist traps and plan on seeing the city and outlying villages on my own. I would like to know how easy it is to make ones way around on the dart as well as walking in the city.. I won't have data to access google maps while on the streets.. ( crappy phone company ) I hate being stupid. Haha! Also what kind of reception should i expect in the pubs as a single woman.. I love beer, not that cider stuff that I heard women are supposed to drink.. Thank you for any information in advance .. Sandy

• Seven days in Ireland

Ireland Sep 29, 2015 at 10:27 AM

I have planned a trip to Ireland and I am looking for some of your expert guidance! As usual there is just too much to see and too little time. Please don't worry about adding something you found interesting. Some of our best experiences travelling were from taking advice and doing things we had no intention of doing.
      Day 1. Land at Dublin Airport. By the time we get to our B&B it will be early afternoon with no sleep the night before so I don't anticipate doing anything other than going out for a walk. Our B&B is in Upper Rathmines.
      Day 2. A day in Dublin on the Hop on Hop off bus. Hope to see the Book of Kells.
      Day 3. Drive to New Ross to see the famine ship. Then check in at Slieverue B&B. Hopefully there will be time to visit the Waterford crystal factory.
      Day 4. I wanted to do the Rock of Cahir and Cashel Castle and the Titanic museum at Cobh and the Blarney castle. And that is after cutting back! lol It is obviously not going to happen. What do I eliminate? We are staying near Blarney.
      Day 5. Another dilemma. Do we do the Ring of Kerry or the Dingle peninsula? A friend from Ireland says we MUST do the Ring of Kerry. Is there time to do one of these and Muckross house as well? Beausoleil said she really enjoyed it.
      Day 6. Drive to Limerick, stopping at Adare to sightsee. Spend the evening at Bunratty castle.
      Day 7. Drive back to Dublin via Kilkenny.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. We are Canadians so driving distances don't bother us. Also we lived in Australia for a few years so driving on the "other" side and sheep on the road don't bother us. It will be great not having to deal with kangaroos!
      Thank you! Dianne

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Small Group Tour Operators

Dublin Sep 26, 2015 at 4:37 AM

I may be doing Ireland next year and if I do, will want to do 1 or 2 day tours. I want to avoid the big coach tours. Can anyone recommend a small group tour operator (16 or less passengers)?

• Where to stay for 3 Weeks?

Dublin Sep 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hy there, I'm staying 3 weeks in Febr. '16 in Dublin for a Language School.
      I'm too old for a Guestfamily but I think it can be nice at a B&B where I can have
      connections to the owners - but not that much as in a family ;)
      Do you have some ideas? Thanks a lot! Sabine

Dublin , Ireland

Dublin Sep 18, 2015 at 7:19 PM

I'm staying at The Castle Hotel in Dublin and plan on taking a few trips outside the city on my own on the Dart.. Hiwmfar of a walk would it be to reach the nearest station.. Thank you in advance ! Sandy.

• Ireland & Scotland on a budget 10 days not driving

Ireland Sep 13, 2015 at 12:06 AM

I'm traveling to Ireland and Scotland in a short amount of time on a budget and MUST see both countries without driving. I've done my research and yes, it would be best to stay longer and explore both places deeper but it isn't an option. :( I enjoy seeing sights, castles, architecture, & history. I am limited physically so walking long distances or rocky terrain is out and tours are too restricted and expensive. I also do not desire to spend my time seeing these two destinations and through a plane, train, ferry or bus window. I want to see and do as much as possible while there! Any itinerary suggestions for how best to travel, spend my 10 days and money, cheap but safe places to stay (I am middle aged so no youth hostels), and must do/see things?

visiting Dublin for a week beginning Oct.12th

Dublin Sep 21, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Where and what NOT to do while in Dublin.. Plan on spending 2 days exploring the city on my own and then the rest of the time exploring The countryside on the Dart. Been researching this for a month but could use your ideas as well! Thank you!