Colleville-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location
hihat's Profile Photo

touring from Paris

by hihat Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 7:29 AM

My wife and I will be touring Paris this next May 2011 for our 52nd anniversary....Is there a train to Colleville-sur-Mer and can we get around to the memorials and cemetary by walking? Lastly, any thoughts on a hotel that is reasonable in rates? Jerry, Florida, USA...........thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Re: touring from Paris

by Roadquill Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 9:02 AM

We went to Caen and rented a car, but you can get closer via train at least to Bayeau. Colleville-sur mer is a very small town (as are most of the towns along the Normandy coast) and I don't recall seeing rail service to them as we drove along. The place closest to the Cemetery to stay (less than a mile) is L'hosteiere, however, I have no idea on the quality or what it is like. You would need to check it out on tripadvisor or the like. There are a number of old farmhouses that rent out rooms similar to B&B's all along. They typically run 40 euro per person and many are quite nice. We stayed at La Ferme de la Ranconniere Crepon and it was a trip highlight, however, Bayeau is closer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: touring from Paris

by cubsur Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Bayeux is the nearest town to Colleville sur Mer that has a railway station. It's an easy journey from Paris St Lazare station taking a little over 2 hours with a train about once every 2 hours. No reservations needed either!

From Bayeux there is a bus to Colleville taking about 30 minutes. It's line 70 of Bus Verts www.busverts.fr

I suspect that in May there will be fewer buses than in the summer 2010 timetable currently on show, especially at weekends.

Hope that helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Colleville-sur-Mer