College Station Travel Answers

change location

College Station info

by kimmyboots Online Now Jan 27, 2004 at 7:35 AM

Will someone please share info. on College Station? I'm interested in moving there and although I have some info., I'd like a native's perspective;) haha Mostly, I'm interested in good apartments and public transportation. Also, nightlife, and culture. Any info. wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks! kimmyboots

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: College Station info

by BeckyP Online Now Jan 27, 2004 at 8:20 AM

Since we're a colleg town- there are tons of apartments- there has been a huge burst of building here in the past few years. College Station is really turning from a town into a city. There's not much public transportation, unless you're a student at A&M. They've got a great bus system that takes you from home to the campus. In my 5 plus years of living here, I never took a cab. As far as the nightlife- there are quite a few great bars. Life is really pretty casual here. Jeans are the common attire at most every bar. There are a couple of 'clubs' that come and go.. but the popular bars are mostly sit around, listen to good music and talk type places. Culture.. it depends on what you mean by that. An English friend came to visit me here, and said it had a lot of culture. We are lucky to have the University- it brings in shows and exhibits... that type of culture. If you're talking local Texan culture- it's got it. Go down to the Dixie Chicken for a Shiner and take a look at the rattle snakes in the cage by the pool tables. Disclaimer- As a student, this is a phenomnal place to live- however, there is not alot for singles in their upper 20's early 30's. Most of the nightlife is catered towards the college students.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near College Station