change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Flying to Iquitos from Lima

Peru Dec 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Hi,
      I've heard that you can get cheaper tickets (return for around €120) at Lima airport.

Can anyone confirm this?

What's the cheapest way to get return flights?
      I need to fly from Lima to Iquitos and back again next week.

Flight prices are looking to be around €216 - €250 return... which I think is a bit expensive.

Cheers! :-)

more
    • Virgin Vacation

Machu Picchu Dec 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM

any VT mbrs heard/used Virgin Vacation to Lima (cusco,etc)?

more
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

how to get from Lima airport to hotel

Peru Dec 4, 2014 at 3:42 AM

two quetsions 1) any reccomendation of hotels, small friendly, central to stay in Lima have two nights.
      2) best and safest way to get from airport to hotel ( am female travelling solo)

more
    • Physical requirement

Machu Picchu Dec 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM

How difficult is it to tour this place? I will be joining a 48 hours land tour while in a SA cruise. I have a lower back & minor knee problem. Should I completely avoid this once in a lifetime tour. I do 30 minutes walks every two days but am not sure if my body can handle such a "steep" climb. Any information, recommendation, feedback will be greatly appreciated.I am determined to visit & see this wonder and didn't mind paying a lot for this tour.
      Also, I hear from others that have been there that the high altitude may also pose a problem particularly for those w/some breathing problem..feedback please. Thank you

more
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Condor visits

by kbl Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Hello -

I would like to spend a couple of days taking pictures of the condors. Couple of questiions for the experts here on VT:
      - Can I stay somewhere overnight close to the viewpoints?
      - Does anyone has contact details for local guides and/or eco-preserving groups that oversee the area?

Thank you!

K.

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    • Arequipa to Colca canyon

by Tangooo1 Online Now Jun 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Hi!
      We plan a trip from Arequipa to Colca Canyon in mid September.
      We look for the fastest way to get there.
      Are there any flights / fast trains to get close to the canyon?
      Do you guys know any nice place we can stay overnight - the closest to the canyon possible?
      Because we are seniors and cannot walk long distances, do you have ideas what kind of trip/attraction in the canyon would be the best for us?

Thank you for any helpful comment!

Basia

2 Answers Jun 4, 2011 at 6:15 AM
    • amalka's Profile Photo

Trekking in Colca Canyon, 3 days

by amalka Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 10:18 AM

Which tour operator is the best for a "real" trek (without the tourist traps) and which one should be avoided? Has anybody done it on horse? If yes, with which tour operator? Any "off the beaten track" advice for the Arequipa region?
      Thanks in advance...
      Amalka

6 Answers Jan 7, 2007 at 11:12 AM