Cojímar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• snorkeling

Santa Clara Dec 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Is there any snorkeling or scuba excursions worth doing??

more
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Flamingo watching

Cienfuegos Dec 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM

I'd love to observe some flamingos during my visit in Cuba in late December and early January.
      Which places do you recommend? My guide book mentions Ciénaga de Zapata and Refugio de Fauna Silvestre Río Máximo, but are there others?

We plan to go from Santiago de Cuba wetsward until we reach Havana, so all places between these cities could be visited, so I'd appreciate any advise or hints.

Unfortunately we do not have plenty of time, so I'd be especially curious wether there are some spots, which would not make it necessary to sacrifie a whole day (as for Ciénaga de Zapata) and which are geographically near the main tourist sights.

more
    • varadero to El Nicho Cuba

El Nicho Dec 11, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Is there excusions from hotels in Varadero to El Nicho Waterfalls ?

more
    • Infant car seat

Holguín Nov 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Are shuttles/buses equipped for an infant car seat (21 months)? Do they provide infant car seats? If we bring a car seat, can we install it on the shuttle or bus?

more
    • which money to use?

Varadero Nov 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM

When shopping in Varadero, should we pay with american money?

can we pay with canadian money?

more

Transfer from Varadero to Havanna needed

Varadero Nov 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Are there any reliable sites, where I can book online a transfer from Varadero airport to Havanna in advance? I'll arrive too late to catch a public bus and I do not want to waste a night in Varadero...

I realize, that there are other possibilities like persuading official hotel busses or private transfer, but we want to go secure, so we tend to bite the bullett and pay the approximated USD 90,00 for an governmental taxi...

more

Gran Parque National Sierra Maestra and Commandancia general de la Plata

Bayamo Dec 7, 2014 at 5:23 AM

We'll rent a car and our planned trip will go from Santiago de Cuba via Bayamo to Las Tunas. We'd curious to visit the landscape of Sierra Maestre. Do we get impressions by simply drive through? Or is it necessary to take a tour from Villa Islazul de Santo Domingo for instance to Commandancia General de la Plata? What a about a lmirador to spot Pico Turquino?

If simply driving through is not possible or not satisfactory enough, we deliberate to make a day tour to Gran Parque National Sierra Maestra.To climb up Pico Turquino is certainly too exhausting for us but a tour to Commandancia general de la Plata could be doable. How long does it take? Where and at which time we'd have to start? Or are there any other recommendable day tours?

more

Mosquito net needed in Cuba?

Santiago de Cuba Nov 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Although Cuba is malaria-free there are some reports of Chikungunya and Dengue. So do you think a mosquito net is necessary for individual travel during christmas season?

I posted this question in the Santiago-forum, but I plan to visit the wohle island...

more